Beat No 5

Heart Beat!

~CHAPTER 5~

*At Miki’s House*

*Miki’s POV*

“Ring..Ring..Ring” “Miki, pick up your phone already. It could be emergency or something. It keeps ringing the whole day.” Okasan is shouting from the kitchen.

That was the tenth time my phone keep ringing today. I also ignored it yesterday when I came back from school. It was just Ryosuke who was calling, probably want me to “fill in” the vocalist again. Hello? Think again Mister!

“It’s okay okasan..Nothing important anyway!” I shouted back.

“Ring..ring..ring..” Argghh..it ringing again. Just what do you want. Let see what he still want.

“Moshi moshi..Oh It’s you Yamada-san..Konbanwa..Genki desu ka..-” I act like nothing is happening.

“Baka! Why are you only picking up now? How many time do I need to call you and why are you not come to practice today. Yesterday too. Your friend said you leave early and come to music room. Why didn’t I see you? You know right that we do not have much time before the festival” Ryosuke said it in one breath.

“Why on earth I am the one to get yell at because of the festival? I am only a substitute right? Sumire senpai definitely said that she is the one who are going to sing at the festival. Why don’t you tell her that?” I said to him.

“Sumire.?! Urm..She’s..Well..what to say..Well, She’s is say..-” Ryosuke stuttered.

I cut him before he finished his reason, “ Well yeah, because Sumire senpai is special right?

“Chotto Miki, about the lyric..-”

“I saw that. Yokatta ne..Sumire senpai has wrote them for me. I do not need to waste my time anymore to write them. To be honest, I did not fill like writing it and it is quite bothering me a lot. You know I have a lot of homework. Anyway, I do not have any interest in Diamond from the start. I am…-”

“Hey Miki..are you seriously saying that.. for real? Ryosuke asked.

I added, “ I tired of it.” I hung up the phone.

What was I hoping for? I know is just a replacement, a fill in, a substitute. Although I am quite happy that he actually acknowledged my voice. But..sore dake. That only it.

 

“ Sakura Miki, I will definitely make you join Diamond ! Zettai !!”

“I seriously believe that you have talent in Pop and Rock music.”

“.. You should not take your voice for granted you know?

 

All those flashback keep coming back to me. What is all that means?

I definitely not crying. I will not cry. But my cheek already has the flown tears. To Ryosuke, I am not “special” if I do not sing. I wanted to become Ryosuke’s diamond.

 

 

 

 

 

Minna~ the fifth chapter is really short..I promised the last chapter will be worth it.. thanks again for reading.