Something exciting

You're my sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo came back carrying two cans of soda. He looked a bit pale and his hair was pushed back messily; must be from the running earlier.

“I don’t know who he was.  I told you I just bumped into him”

We were supposed to return to our rooms after that encounter earlier when I told Kyungsoo that I didn’t want to sleep yet. He tried to talk me to it but I was of the stubborn kind so gave in. Now, we were sitting near the shore. Kyungsoo had given me his jacket which looked baggy for me. Not that I was too thin, in fact, I am a bit chubby with no thigh gap, may I add. It’s just that Kyungsoo had garnered more meat in the past years, his muscles were more toned than when we were dating, he got beefier and his shoulders were broader. I guess the workout with Baekhyun paid off.

Scanning my surroundings, I noticed that most of the people staying up were young lovers. They were doing stuff that weren’t supposed to be done in public. I cannot hide the grimace on my face. Unconsciously, my hand was shaking the soda Kyungsoo just handed over and I bit my lip.  Ooops. At the same moment, Kyungsoo sat beside me ready to open his can of juice when I stopped him.

“Ah… I like that flavor better”
“Really? You sure?” Kyungsoo queried and I nodded. He reluctantly handed over the can and I gave him mine.

I watched as he opened the can and the liquid burst out of the opening landing on his face. I burst into laughter as Kyungsoo tried to wipe the sticky liquid off. “You’re so clueless” I said in between giggles and went on to open my drink.

A scream went out of my lungs as the liquid fizzled out of the opening and sprayed water all over my face and shirt. Kyungsoo’s deep and crisp laughter filled the space around us that the passerbys were wondering if he was alright.  He laid down on the sandy while clutching his stomach. I sneered at him and kicked his gently.

“You’re the clueless one” he said when he finally recovered from his laughing fit. Just when I thought we’d have a decent conversation, it took one glance at my face for him to start laughing like a mad man again. “Hey.. stop it!” I said albeit laughing as well.

When both of us had calmed down, we concentrated on gulping down the beverage. It was quiet and the only audible sound was the waves meeting the shore. I am conscious of the man beside me. We’ve never had the chance of being alone like this as we were always surrounded by our parents. One would think it’s easier for couples to just move in and be together but no, not when we’re siblings in the eyes of everybody. It was suffocating. Unsaid words and all those promises haunt me every night as I lay down on my bed knowing that he is just on the other side of the wall. It feels li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter