The outing

You're my sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nara, will you pass me that glass beside you?” I looked up to see my mom pointing at the cups lying beside me. I fixed my shades and handed her what she had asked then continued keying in words on my laptop. I wanted to finish at least a quarter of my research since I had already gathered some of the essential facts I needed. There are still some things that are up for debate which I had set aside for when I visit the local library. While I was thinking of what I still had to do for my report, my mom had her eyes gazing at me as if she was seconds away to stealing my things and throw it into the water

“are you really going to spend the day drowning yourself in the electronic device?” I was biting on my nails when my mom once again called my attention. “Huh?”
“This is a family trip, Nara.  Why don’t you set those school works aside for now and enjoy your surroundings”

Ah right.  We’re on a family trip by the sea. I looked around and saw Chanho, Kyungsoo’s younger sibling, running around with his dad. His black hair bounced as the 5 year old ran back to bury his father on the sand.  The beach was a bit crowded and the sun was blazing high in the sky. It would be nice to have fun in the beach and splash people with water but in this heat, I can’t be really bothered.

“Come on, Nara” My stepdad, his body covered with white sand and Chanho enjoying himself. I just smiled and shook my head in refusal. Adjusting my sunglasses, I closed my laptop and gathered my belongings. “Nara… are you really going to do this?” Mom asked in a much more serious tone. I glanced at her watching her brows furrow in disappointment. My mom was still young but with my indifference, I think she has aged a lot. She keeps worrying about me and my adjustment to the new setting even though I have always assured her that it was fine.

I smiled, trying my best to lighten up the mood “Mom, you know how this heat kills me and besides it’s not like we’re only staying here for a day. I promise I’ll finish this by tonight so I can play with you tomorrow” I stood scooping my things up and kissing my mom’s forehead. “Just have fun, mom” I quickly turned away from my mom and headed towards the rooms, I didn’t want to see that look of disappointment in her face. It sends an unpleasant feeling crawling in my chest. As soon as I entered the building where the rooms where located, I was struggling with my laptop and books in one hand and a drink on the other. I was sipping calmly on it when I bumped into a certain someone; I almost choked out every liquid I took in.

“Oh… Nara” Kyungsoo greeted as he exited his own room which I may add was just across mine. He was wearing a white shirt and a dark gray short. It was only reasonable that Kyungsoo was here, it was a family trip after all. We are a family. I sighed internally and tried to straighten myself and hummed. “Yo-”

“You’re going in your room already?” He asked and closed his room completely. “Yep. The heat is killing me like how can you play under the harsh heat?” I sighed and tried to dig my keys from pocket but deemed it impossible as my hands were full. I stared at Kyungsoo who only stared back at me. “Uhhhhhh…. Can I ask a favor?” He seemed to be puzzled by my words until he saw how loaded my hands were. “Oh- .. sorry” He immediately snatched the heavy books and laptop from me and I could finally get the key to open my own door.

Kyungsoo has always been slow at catching up things and sometimes he couldn’t care less. Even so, he cares deeply for people who are close to him and would t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter