SEQUEL

Unfair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun’s voice echoes through the room when he saw me tip toeing my way towards the window of his dark room. I jerked my body when his voice sipped into my ear and I quickly turn my face to look at him.

“B-Baekhyun, why are you here?” I asked, stuttered.

“Why are you here? This is my room.” He rested his body on the door frame with his arms crossed in front of his chest. I gulped down as my eyes travelled around the room to search for an alibi.

“Y-You supposed to be at home in several more hours, right?” I asked, starting to get panicked at his presence and question.

“Well, the farewell party came to an end and I have nothing left to do, so I went home. Still, why are you here?”

“I uh-“ I play with my fingers, completely out of words. When Baekhyun’s hand went to switch on the light, I yelped in surprise. “No, don’t!” Baekhyun didn’t buy it as he clicks on the button which makes him able to see what I’ve been hiding. He widened his eyes in awe at the sight before him. The colorful balloons are floating on the ceiling and there are several iridescent envelopes lying flatly on his bed with a bouquet of lollipops (because I have no money to buy a bouquet of flower) just because he loves lollipops.

“Baekhee, what are these?” He asked, eyes roaming around the neatly decorated room.

“Um, you’re going to enter college tomorrow, so.” I bobbed my shoulders, giving up on the surprise I made especially for him. “Surprise?” It’s more like a question than an exclamation. Baekhyun’s eyes stopped at mine before a tender smile starts forming on his lips. He makes his way towards where I’m standing just to wrap my small body with his arms.

“You, cutie.” He snuggles his nose on my temple and I giggled at him.

“This should have been a surprise for you! I’ve been planning this since a week ago and I thought it’s going to succeed, but then you came in and you ruin everything.” I whined, pinching his waist and he jerked his body at the sudden tweak. He looks down at me and pouted.

“I’m sorry.” He pursed his lips, waiting for me to give them a kiss but I shake my head, playing hard to get. He slanted his eyes before lifting my body easily while tickling me and throw me to the bed while laughing. “Stop playing hard to get, you little girl.” He said before giving my pouty lips a sudden kiss. When he pulled away his head, silence is enveloping us because our position is so not comfortable with Baekhyun hovering above me on the bed.

“Um, I wrote you some letters.” I chuckled awkwardly, pushing him away to make myself sit on the bed. Baekhyun clears his throat, claiming the spot in front of me before scanning the envelopes that are sprawled around us. There are like 8 to 10 colorful envelopes with letters inside of them. Baekhyun took the red one with a writing on it says, ‘open this when you’re happy’.

“You made these?” He asked, glancing at me before trying to open the envelope. I stop him by his hand and he looks at me in pure confusion.

“You can’t open this now. You should open it when you’re really happy.” I said, snatching the envelope from his hand and put it back on the bed.

“But I’m really happy right now.” He furrowed his eyebrows while pouting cutely.

“No. If you’re happy when I’m not around.” I replied.

“I won’t be happy if you’re not around.” This jerk, always have the right thing to answer so I could only hit his chest once for being out of words and he giggled, catching my wrist to give the knuckles several kisses. “So can I open it?” He asked, eyes twinkling in hopes. I shake my head once again and this time he lets me, nodding. “I’ll just open it when I’m really happy, like maybe after we went on a date?” He wriggles his eyebrows, giving me a code to go on a date with him.

“You’ll be busy in college.”

“I will always have time for you, sweet cheeks.” He pinched my cheek with his infamous gummy smile plastered on his face. He’s so unfair, he could pinch me, kick me, punch me, but still he looks cute and I would always forgive him for what he did.

“I’ll be busy with my last year in high school, though.”

“Screw it, Baekhee. Look at me. I could spend my weekends with you during my 3rd year.” He spreads his arms, showing off. “That means, you could too.” He winked.

“I’m not you, Baekhyun. You’re smart, I’m not.” I pinched the tip of his nose and he scrunched it cutely. “I’ll go on a date with you, if you’re still going to teach me every night.” I tap on his cheek once and his eyes are sparkling in happiness.

“Deal!” He gave me his pinky finger and I giggled before entwining my pinky finger with his. “Thank you for the balloons, the letters, and oh! Lollipops!” His attention moved from me to the lollipops. “Did you make the bouquet by yourself?” He asked, picking up the bouquet with his eyes fixed on it.

“Yeah, I have no money to buy you graduation flowers so, lollipops are fine, right?” I shrug and he nodded almost immediately.

“Of course! Flowers are bulls.” He scoffed and I furrowed my eyebrows. Baekhyun noticed my reaction so he giggled, nudging my hand with the bouquet. “But of course I’ll buy you one for your graduation day, cupcake.” He said before giving my cheek a quick peck.

“I hate you.” I try to pout but my cheeks are hurting for trying so hard not to smile at my boyfriend’s cuteness.

“I love you too.” He giggled.

 

 

Months have passed and Baekhyun is busy with his first semester in college. But he keeps his promise on tutoring me with my studies every night, although most of the times he’s just giving me his old notebook for me to study before going back to his room to finish his assignments. Our off-days are different too. When he’s having a free day, I would be having exams and all and vice versa. Weekends aren’t for going on a date anymore. It’s more like finishing our tasks for Monday. Both of us are busy with our own studies so that sometimes we would skip our late night talk on the phone and just greet each other the next morning.

“How’s Baekhyun doing?” Jaeyeon asked when we’re having our break on the cafeteria. We have several books lying on the table with pens on our hands.

“Huh? Oh, he’s doing just fine.” I answered, glancing at her before bringing back my eyes on the paper filled with problems. “Jae, can you finish number 4? It’s really hard.”

“Baek, I know we’ll be having our mid tests next week, but you don’t seem like spending your time with Baekhyun anymore. Are you guys fighting?” She snatched the pen from my hand and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Give it back, Jae.” I insisted but she’s only looking at me while raising his eyebrows, waiting for my answer. “Okay, okay, our last decent conversation was 2 weeks ago and it was only 10 to 20 minutes by the phone because he had to finish his assignment, now give my pen back.”

“Are you guys drifting away?” She gasped and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

“No, we’re only not contacting each other for a while because of our studies.” I replied, trying to snatch the pen away but Jaeyeon put the pen behind her back and I whimpered at her action. “Jae!”

“That’s drifting away, you head!” She hit my head slightly with her free hand.

“Ouch! Stop it!” I rub on the spot where she hits me. “We’re just busy, Jae! There’s no problem between us!”

“Oh, damn girl, you guys don’t even have a decent conversation for 2 weeks and you’re okay with that. That’s the problem.”

“Okay, what do you from me then?” I snorted.

“Call Baekhyun, and ask him to go on a date.”

“Both of us have no time for that.”

“Just try it!” She cried and I mumbled before taking my phone from the table just to type Baekhyun’s phone number. I have to wait for several dial tones before he picks it up.

“Hello?” Baekhyun’s voice sipped into my ear like a melody. Even if I feel like I don’t miss him that much, I always feel safe just by hearing his voice. “Baekhee?”

“Oh, yeah, Baekhyun. What are you doing?” I asked, glancing at Jaeyeon who’s having a big smile on her face.

“I’m at Chanyeol’s house now.” He replied and you can hear Chanyeol’s voice from afar, calling your name repeatedly. “We’re making our assignments right now, why? Aren’t you supposed to be at school?”

“Uh, yeah, I’m actually on the break. Just want to call you.” I replied and Jaeyeon mouthed ‘date’ numerous times and I rolled my eyes. “And, to ask you if you’re free this weekend.” Jaeyeon clapped happily like a seal with both pens on her hands.

“Oh, this weekend? I promised Sehun that I would accompany him to go on a big sale in Myeongdong.” He said and I feel a sting of pain in my heart. “Why?”

“Oh, um, nothing. I was just curious.” I chuckled and Jaeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “Okay, then. Good luck on everything you’re doing right now. Tell Chanyeol I miss him.” I said, but then there’s a silence for 2 seconds before he hummed. “Bye, Baek.”

“Mhm, bye.” He said before ending the call. I put down my phone and glancing at the annoyed Jaeyeon across me.

“You stupid!” She raked her hair in frustration.

“Me? Why? He’s the one who has an appointment with Sehun.”

“No, not that! He’s at fault for prioritizing Sehun over you, yes. But you’re the stupid one to say you miss Chanyeol!” I’m only staring at her for seconds before she throws the pen to the back of my hand. “You told your boyfriend that you miss other boy and you didn’t even say you miss him! Stupid!”

“Well, I didn’t mean it!” I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter