o5.

Unfair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re not eating?” Junmyeon asked me with his concerned eyes on his face and I shake my head.

“I’m full.” I replied shortly.

“But even during the break time you didn’t eat anything and it’s already 4 PM, Baekhee. Don’t get yourself sick.” He said with worry. “I’ll go get you some snacks. Wait here.” He stood up from his seat but I grab him by his wrist.

“No, Junmyeon, I don’t want to eat. Please just, let’s just go home.” I said, standing up to walk out of the café. Junmyeon is looking at me for several seconds before nodding and we left the place. It’s exactly the day after I confessed to Baekhyun and I regret what I said to him. I shouldn’t have got carried away by the situation that I confessed carelessly, blaming him for everything without thinking, and let myself get eaten by my emotion. I’ve been trying to eschew Baekhyun the whole day. I didn’t visit the cafeteria because I’m afraid he’s there so I asked Junmyeon to accompany me in the library. I went to the café with him just because I don’t want to be home too early, afraid of seeing Baekhyun.

“Baekhee.” Junmyeon called my name I didn’t realize that he’s left behind while I keep on walking with my eyes staring blankly at the road. I turn around to see him looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. He sighed, walking slowly towards me before stopping right in front of me. “Is there something bothering you?” He asked.

“Nothing. Sorry, I was daydreaming.” I force a chuckle but it doesn’t look like he’s taking it. “Sorry.” I ducked my head while I heard his sigh for the second time.

“You shouldn’t keep it to yourself. I’ve been talking to you ever since we walked out of the café but you didn’t seem to listen to my words at all. What’s wrong? You’re never like this.”

“Really, Junmyeon. It’s-“ I got cut off when I see Baekhyun and Aera walking to our direction and Junmyeon noticed how I widened my eyes so he turns around. My breath hitched when Baekhyun’s eyes darted at me and we locked eyes. “Let’s go.” I grab his wrist before I pull him while walking in an astonishing speed. When I’m sure that Baekhyun is far enough, I let go of Junmyeon’s hand. Junmyeon doesn’t say a word, he’s just walking beside me in silence with both of his hands on his pants pockets. The rest of the journey is filled with silence and finally, we’re arrived in front of my house. I turn around to face him and he forced a smile. “Thanks for today.”

“Take a rest.” He said. “We’re still going to Lotte World this Saturday, right?”

“Yeah, of course.” I nodded as I make my way towards the front door. When I’m about to turn the knob, I look back at him and he’s still there, giving me his best smile. I wave my hand and he waves back but he’s not leaving until I’m inside, so I open the door and walk in. As I close the door slowly, I see Junmyeon turning around and leave the place almost immediately. He’s making me wonder, why on earth am I not falling for him? He’s nice, caring, he’s always there to help me, and we share the same hobby. But why can't I love him?

Another part of me answers my own question,

Because he’s not Byun Baekhyun.

Around 8 PM after I finished my supper, I went upstairs to my room and I suddenly I heard Baekhyun’s low and sweet voice which I assumed he’s on the phone with his girlfriend at the moment.

“Have you eaten? Mhm, I ate fried chicken, if you’re curious.” He joked, but he sounds not so interested. “Right now? Um, I’m not doing anything besides calling you. Yeah, I’m going to take a shower soon.”

I breathe in as I walk slowly towards my window to pull the curtain that is not covering my window and my heart skips a beat when I see how Baekhyun is on the phone while facing my room. Both of us are looking at each other without any word slips out of our mouth. Slowly, I pull the curtain to end this staring competition when suddenly, Baekhyun put down his phone, “Baekhee.” He called out. I bring my eyes to his face, waiting for his next words. But he’s just looking at me and I believe he doesn’t know what to say too.

“Good night, Baekhyun.” I force a smile on my lips before closing the curtain swiftly to prevent myself getting carried away by his stare.

Several days after that, Friday to be exact, I’m spending my break time with Jongin, Sehun, and Chanyeol. But this time, Jongin assured me that Baekhyun won’t be with us because he’s not going to school due to his fever. “Is he okay, by the way?” I asked, resting my hands on the table.

“He was able to send me a message so, let’s just say his fever is not that high.” Chanyeol replied as he showed his phone to me.

“What if his mother’s the one who type it?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows Chanyeol rolled his eyes in annoyance. “What if Aera was there and Baekhyun told her to send you a message?” He asked again and this time, Jongin slap his hand. “Ouch! That’s not nice!”

“Stop talking about Aera, will you?” Jongin said but the younger boy only mimicked his words in a joking manner so Jongin had to kick his feet under the table and Sehun hissed in pain. “You’re so childish.” Jongin crossed his arms.

“No, you are childish.” Sehun talks back.

“No, both of you are childish.” Chanyeol joins in.

“Okay, shut up, peasants. Let’s not talk about Baekhyun.” I said and the three of them look at me in a cue.

“You’re the one who asked about him first.” They said at the same time and I mumbled in annoyance.

“Fine! Sorry! Thanks for your information about him, but let’s talk about something else now!”

“Let’s talk about you and Kim Junmyeon.” Chanyeol showed his gummy smile while looking at me in a curious way and Sehun joins in, looking at me while blinking several times to act cutely. My eyes move west to Jongin who’s sitting next to me and he’s only staring at me.

“What’s with me and him?” I asked.

“You guys spend break time on the library, which, I believe you don’t like going to the library at all.” Chanyeol said and Sehun nodded almost immediately. “You guys went to the café, which, you and Baekhyun used to go after school.” He continued and Sehun nodded again, starting to make me feel annoyed at him. “And! Baekhyun told us that every night you would call Junmyeon.”

“Baekhyun told you about Junmyeon?” I raised my eyebrows and he nodded. “What did he say? That me and Junmyeon are dating?”

“He said, you guys look like you’re dating.” Sehun answered and I rolled my yes. “But! Here’s the best part! When I asked him why is he talking about Baekhee and not about Aera, he was speechless!” He clapped like a 5 years old little boy. When my reaction is only staring blankly at him, Sehun pats my cheek several times. “Hey! Did you hear what I said? He’s. Speechless.”

“So?” I moved my head away from his touch.

“He’s jealous!” Chanyeol joins in. “He likes you!”

“He’s not.” I retorted. “He’s dating Aera and he likes her, why would he be jealous?”

“Listen to me, head.” Sehun palmed my face to look at him in the eye. “He. Likes. You. He’s dating Aera because he thought she’s the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter