o1.

Unfair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was five I moved in to Seoul after my parents decided to leave my hometown, Daegu, to give me better education. Good thing that my father’s business was doing well so that we had enough money to buy a house on a well-known neighborhood. Since our dialect was so thick, some people made fun of us. But my parents were open-minded and they got along well with new people. I’m not like them, not at all. I was a shy little girl and if someone doesn’t like me, then let them be. I wasn’t trying to change their mind set about me.

But there’s this one boy living next to my house. His name is Byun Baekhyun. The very first day I moved into my new house, his family went to visit us and gave us a welcoming food. Baekhyun is a year older than me. His parents told him to take care of me and to consider me as his younger sister. His smile is out of this world. It’s so warm and the moment he holds my hand, I know everything is going to be alright.

“What’s your name?” He asked his first question to me when we were sitting on the sofa where our parents were in the kitchen.

“Baekhee.” I said with an inaudible voice with my face reddened, trying to hide my dialect, but Baekhyun smiles.

“What a beautiful name. I’m Baekhyun and you’re Baekhee. Isn’t that cute?” He asked with a little laugh ending his words.

We grew up together. We went to the same elementary school. On my first day, some students mocked me for my dialect but then Baekhyun stood in front of me, telling them to cut it out. I was crying so hard that day, but Baekhyun stayed by my side, trying to cheer me up by telling me funny stories. And when I giggled at his bad jokes, he ruffled my hair.

“You’re beautiful when you smile.” He said.

He was my first friend.

Even if his class was far from mine, during break-time he would come to invite me to eat our lunchboxes together. When I couldn’t make my homework, he would jump from his window to my room and he taught me. When I was sick and my parents didn’t allow him to get near me, he would sneak into my room late night just to make sure that I wasn’t lonely as he sang a song for me.

We entered the same junior high school. He was so popular. He would go out with his guy friends but he wouldn’t forget to tag me along. He introduced me to his friends, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Jongin. They were like Boys Before Flower where every girl would have their eyes on them. I knew they shot me with deadly glares when I hung out with them. Still, Baekhyun didn’t feel like he wanted to throw me away because he felt that his closest friend was me.

He was my first love.

Because I hit my puberty, I always locked my windows. I’m afraid that he would barge in when I’m changing my clothes. He understood my action so he would knock my window before he went inside. There was that day when my parents were out of the town because my grandmother in Daegu was sick. Turned out I was sick too and I had no one to complain to. Baekhyun was there. He took care of me, he feed me, he wiped away my sweat, and he stayed by my side just like what he did when I was shunned by some students during elementary school days. His touches were warm and I felt comfortable with it so I was able to fell asleep. The next morning when my parents came back, my fever has gone down though my parents were still worried.

“How did you know I was sick?” I asked my mom while taking a sip of soup that she made.

“Baekhyun called us last night.”

“Right! Baekhyun was here! Where is he?” I looked around, already missing his presence.

“Easy, honey. He said he has a date.” My mom answered while my long hair slowly.

He was my first heart-break.

We went to the same high school. He broke up with the girl from junior high school not long before we entered high school. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Jongin went to the same school too. Nothing changed much. Five of us are still hanging out together. My dialect has long gone and I’m more comfortable with myself.

“Chanyeol.” I called out to the guy who’s sleeping next to me in the cafeteria’s bench as he rested his body on the table. “Chanyeol!” I hit his head and he jerked his body before he straightened his back while looking at me with his sleepy eyes. “Where’s the rest?” I asked, referring to Baekhyun, Sehun, and Jongin.

“You woke me up just to ask that stupid question?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “You’re unbelievable.”

“Where’s the rest, Chanyeol?” I crossed my hands in front of my chest.

“Sehun and Jongin went to buy some food.” He yawned while rubbing the back of his neck. When I didn’t react to his answer, he sighed. “Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter