9_Lingering past

Serious Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Hyunbin awakes as the glaring of sun rays invades his eyes. It seems that he had fallen asleep while waiting for Jihyo in her room. Hyunbin lays awake on her bed, staring at the bare ceiling. He turns his body facing the empty side of bed beside him. There's no sign of her. The room feels empty. The mansion feels empty. His heart feels empty. He doesnt even know why did he feels this way. They are not like others married couple. They doesnt even know each other well, and whose know that probably she might hate him. They even doesnt spend most of the time together. But still, his heart feels this way. She isnt home for a night, and he has already felt this way. A longing feeling. A feeling of hope that she will come back in safe and sound.  It isnt like he has some feelings for her. Well, it is what he has been thinking about lately. Whether if he has some feelings for her or not. And he doesnt even know why did he made up the marriage deal. Yes, he just made it up. It is actually a stupid reason to get married just because of you accidentally looking at someone else manhood, or puke on it, or throwing up on someone else clothes. But she is just too naive and innocently agreed with the deal. Hyunbin releases the deep heavy breath that didnt even know he was holding. He doesnt understand himself anymore.

"Mr President, Madam isnt at her parents' place. She doesnt even go to the school either. We had contacted most of her friends but they dont even know where she is. We're sorry. We have done all the necessary things to find her but Madam is nowhere to be found." Lee Seonggye waits as his president remains silence at his table. Seonggye was shock at first after hearing that Song Jihyo didnt go home the night before. But at the same time, he feels sympathy towards his president. For the first time ever, Seonggye sees sparks in Hyunbin's eyes when he looks at a woman. And that woman is surely to be his Madam, Song Jihyo. And it is the first time ever for Hyunbin to even made a dinner reservation for someone aside of business. It means that Hyunbin is making an effort for both of them. But,the real thing that matters is Hyunbin's past. Seonggye is most afraid of that. He is afraid if Hyunbin's past will hunt him back. The past when Hyunbin's mother left his family, left Hyunbin alone. "You can get back to your work." His president's voice awakes Seonggye from his own world. Seonggye watches as Hyunbin stands up from his chair and walks to the windowpane; staring at the vast blue sky from his office. "Yes, Mr President." Seonggye bows slightly and makes his way to the door. Taking a last glance of his president, Seonggye turns the door knob and walks out from the office. Just like that, Hyunbin will bluntly stare outside of his office windowpane or just staring at his phone; waiting for a call from his wife. 

Cho Kyuhyun stares deeply at the dear woman that he misses so much. Her head is laid uncomfortably on the bed; facing him sideways. Her strand of beautiful hair covers her morning face. He shoves it away slowly, and tucks it behind her ear. Just look at her puffy and swollen eyes, how much that she cried last night? Because of him, that lovely eyes lost it tears again. And he never like it, for him to be the reason of those drop of tears. He slightly touches her cheeck. It has been awhile since he got the chance to do this; watching her sleep before the sun awakes her. He doesnt have the intention to wake her up although she seems restless sleeping in that uncomfortable posture. Whose know, maybe this will be the last chance for him to enjoy this moment with her. Just one last time, let him enjoys this precious moment. 

The sound of the door being shut closed wakes Jihyo up. She can feel a jolt of pain on her neck and her stiff shoulder as soon as she straightens her body up. She stares at the empty bed in front of her. That man, Cho Kyuhyun, he laid sickly on that bed last night. And herself was patiently waited for him. Why did she even care to do that for him? Jihyo leans herself on the chair and releases her small sigh. She remembers how she cried bcause of him yesterday. He never opened his eyes nor responded to her. That made her feel scared, scared if something happened to him. She even rushed to the hospital just to make sure that he will be okay. She waited by the bedside and didnt even realize when did she fell asleep. And the first thing that she sees in the morning is that empty bed. He is nowhere to be seen. Maybe it is better this way. She shouldnt be stuck in the past anymore. Jihyo takes her bag and searches for her phone. Again, she lets out her sigh. Her phone battery is dying. Stealing a glance at her watch, Jihyo then rushes to the door. "Aish, Im late for school! And for sure that Im going to be eaten by that cocky jerk!" But her step comes to a halt when the door is being open from the outside. "Are you, le

Please log in to read the full chapter