[ VI. ]

frost patterns on the window

6. taking dog for a walk in the snow


 

He really had named it . 

Hakyeon laughed too hard when he heard about it, clinging with one hand to Wonshik's shoulder and the other wiping faux tears. If Wonshik really thought his was underappreciated, he only had to ask for compliments - Hakyeon had plenty about it. Wonshik insisted, though, with an endearingly naive look, one day he just knew the name of his pug would be , and it had stuck, adhered too strongly for him to even entertain the possibility of another choice. 

He was obedient and gentle, save for the few times he managed to climb into the bed and roll just beside them and they both blushed as if caught in the act by one of their mothers. It was highly embarrassing and they didn't even know why, but Hakyeon whined and kicked at Wonshik's shoulder and the ultimate solution was drifting to the bathroom and jolting the door closed. 

Hakyeon had gotten him for their sixth month anniversary, after having listening to Wonshik rambling about how cute pugs were and after having been shown countless and countless pictures of pudgy, wrinkly and adorable puppies stored in his phone. It was a pleasure to see Wonshik's eyes light up. Deed done well. 

People's surprise and fluster were entertaining, and Wonshik's very mild embarrassment was also to be enjoyed. They had gotten attached to him pretty quickly, and Wonshik got used to coming home to Hakyeon petting the puppy on his lap, on the brink of sleep. He cherished it, a smile tugging at his lips at the lovely display. 

"My toes are freezing." Wonshik complained, sliding the bag off his shoulder and shedding his coat. Hakyeon put the sleeping puppy aside after a few more loving . He urged Wonshik to lay close to him and brought his feet in his lap, fingers cupping his toes playfully, a mischievous smile gracing his lips. But then he rubbed over his socks softly and Wonshik could feel his feet warm up slowly; he sighed. 

"It's late December, why didn't you get thicker socks? Maybe you should loose this pair of boots, and get the other one, Wonshikkie." Hakyeon gathered him close to press a kiss to his temple, then one on each of the frost kissed cheeks. He was warm and lithe and comfortable and Wonshik pulled him closer with a whine. 

"I know, I know, they aren't as fashionable, but still." Hakyeon insisted with a soft grumble and Wonshik refused to bargain with him, instead chose to slide closer and burrow his face in Hakyeon's neck, slip his hand under his shirt and caress a plat of warm skin. Hakyeon gasped. 

"You're freezing." He let Wonshik steal the warmth from him, leaning into him with a soft sigh, slanting his head to kiss him.

 

Wonshik scrunched his eyes up when he looked out the window that next morning - everything was obscenely white, garish and dazzling, making his eyes hurt. And Hakyeon was too damn giddy, nowhere near matching his sluggishness, apathy practically rolling off him. 

"We gotta take our darling outside, c'mon, Wonshikkie. He whimpered and scratched at the door all morning." Wonshik groaned, a sound that startled the puppy and Hakyeon was quick to smack over his shoulder in reprimand. He clicked his tongue. "Scaring our baby like that.. "

Wonshik didn't argue, simply because he didn't have the energy to do so. sprinted outside happily and it triggered his chuckle, and Hakyeon's, who stepped closer to lace arms with him. In spite of his initial scowls and unwillingness, he was glad they went for a stroll, even though the ice cold weather kind of paralyzed his smile. He scooted closer to Hakyeon and adjusted his scarf, over his nose and his lips that caught a hint of bluish hue. 

"Your is cute, Wonshik." Hakyeon said serenely, arm dropping so he could meld their fingers, a tight grip. 

"He's the cutest." Wonshik agreed as he fondly watched the baby pug roll around in the snow. He noticed the grasp on his fingers slackened and yelped softly when Hakyeon grabbed at his rear, blithely correcting him.

"I meant, your is very nice, baby."

Wonshik countered with a smack on his boyfriend's rump.

"I don't think it beats yours, babe." 

Hakyeon laughingly chased after him afterwards, puppy trailing behind him and he rejoiced when they caught him, both slumping on him with a muffled thud.