Chapter 5

Roommate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyunjung woke up, not knowing if she should feel nervous or excited first. It’s the day of Kirin Arts School’s Monthly Evaluation. She immediately rose from her bed and readied the clothes and accessories she needs before running to the bathroom. While taking a shower, she started humming the song that she will perform with Yoojin, practicing it till perfection. After a long, refreshing bath, her tense muscles loosened, making her more relaxed. She passed by Baekhyun’s room, contemplating if she’ll wake him up or not.

“But, he’ll probably be bored there if he goes with me right now, since I have to be there an hour before the show starts. I’ll just let him get his sleep and place a note at the fridge.”

With that in mind, she immediately cooked herself a heavy but fast breakfast consisting of eggs, sausage and bacons, typical american breakfast. She hurriedly brushed her teeth and picked up a sticky note and pen, writing a note for her roommate before gathering her things and going to Kirin.

The moment she entered the theater where the monthly evaluation will be held, people immediately horded her, giving her instructions almost simultaneously, to which she tried her really best to understand each. The director, seeing her distress, nagged at the organizers hording her, comically spanking them with his newspaper.

“So, Rian ssi, as one of the threats, I assume you prepared something worthy of your title?” He asked.

Hyunjung smiled brightly at him “Ne~ Yoojin and I opted for a collaboration stage, he said it was your idea, though, I don’t know why…” She wondered.

The director snickered “Because, Rian-ah, Jin Yoojin and you are both threats of the school, and you’re best friends, but we haven’t seen you perform together, not once. So we, the faculty, thought, what kind of performance will those two give if they perform as one?”

Hyunjung nodded dumbly, seemingly shocked at the fact that she didn’t realize that she never really performed together with Yoojin.

Their conversation was cut short when the theater was bombarded with a loud voice owned by none other than ‘Super Idol’ Jin Yoojin. He immediately spotted Hyunjung and fast walked to her side, wrapping his arm on her shoulder, giving her a side hug.

“Sooo , what’s happening?” Yoojin asked

Hyunjung shrugged “Nothing much. Come on,” she pulled on his arm “Let’s go practice for our performance.” And with that Hyunjung spent most of the hour practicing,

In Hyunjung’s apartment, Baekhyun woke up just a few minutes after Hyunjung left. Trudging to the bathroom, he walked with sleep still evident on his face, hoping a warm shower will wake him up. After showering and picking what to wear, he called out for Hyunjung, only to receive silence. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, ‘Where is she?’ he thought. He went to the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge.

Good morning Baekhyun-ah~ I didn’t wake you up earlier because it’s still early, and I know you need sleep hehehe. I cooked breakfast, but since I cooked it early, sorry if it’s cold now huhu. I’m anticipating you, Pulip, Chandoo, and Bonggoo later, okay? –Hyunjung

Baekhyun smiled lightly at the not. Silly girl.

After getting ready, he safely locked at the apartment, going to Kirin after getting replies from his friends that they’re on their way too.

Pulip, Chandoo, Bonggoo

Please log in to read the full chapter