Chapter 3

Roommate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn’t have any classes that day so he decided to accompany his grandma who is going back to her hometown.

“Halmeoni, will you be really okay travelling alone? What if you suddenly feel faint?” Baekhyun worriedly asked

His grandma only laughed “Aigoo, Baekhyun-ah, this is not the first time I’m travelling alone, and even if I feel faint, there are also many passengers on the bus. They can take care of me.”

“But still…”

The elderly patted her only son’s back gently “Quit your worrying, young boy. Do you want your face to age early because of many stresses? You’re already burdened by your studies, don’t worry yourself for small matters like this. I will visit you often, and will call you, arasseo? *Passengers of bus number 41, kindly proceed to the bus as it will depart in 10 minutes. Passengers of bus 41, kindly proceed to the bus as it will depart in 10 minutes.* That is my bus. My grandson, I will go now. Remember everything that I have said. Focus on your studies but also take care of yourself, okay?” With that, Baekhyun’s halmeoni went to her designated bus.

Feeling kind of in a gloomy mood, Baekhyun walked back to his house to rest a little. He passed by the park where he and Hyunjung had a talk a few nights ago.

“…..even though you don’t like me the way I like you, at least I can still be your friend, I can still stay by your side, and that alone is enough for me.”

” Maybe that’s the reason I fell in love with you, because of your smile.”

He sat on the swing set and began to think.

“Na Hyunjung, maybe it’s for the better that we remain friends, right? I didn’t show it, but I always envied Chandoo and Bonggoo, because I would also like to know how it feels to be your friend, not your seobang. I know that I probably broke your heart, and I expected you to be angry at me for that, but you forgave me, and even want to be friends with me despite everything that happened between us. ” Baekhyun said to no one in particular. “When you’re with Chandoo, or Bonggo, I can see your cheerful and free side. When you’re with me, you’re still cheerful, but it’s lesser and I feel like you’re restraining yourself. I feel like you’re not fully free when you’re with me. Is it because you want to impress me?”

“Hwang Baekhyun, what are you doing there, talking by yourself?” A voice came from behind him. He looked at the intruder in shock.

“Hong Chandoo? What are you doing here? Did you hear everything I said?” He asked

“I was just walking by when I saw you here, mumbling to yourself. What are you even saying?” The dancer asked

“Uh, I was just, you know… preparing for my exam next week. I was just reciting some lessons. Yeah” Baekhyun lied.

“Sure…” Chandoo seemed unconvinced but decided to brush it off. He had always thought of Baekhyun as weird anyways

“So,” Baekhyun started “Where are you going anyways?”

“Oh yeah” Chandoo held up a basket of cookies in one hand and a bag full of cleaning materials on the other. “I called Hyunjung to hang out but she said she was busy redecorating the studio she had at her apartment, I have nothing to do anyways, so I decided to come and help. And bring some cookies to snack on earlier. Wanna come?” Chandoo invited him

“I would like to, but I also need to clean up my house a bit. You see, halmeoni went to her hometown to stay there permanently, so I’m going to have to do things by myself from now.”

“Oh, our Baekhyun’s all grown up. Now you’ll feel the real taste of adulthood.” Chandoo teased “I have to go now. See you sometime, Baekhyun-ah” Chandoo waved and ran to the fancy looking apartment across. Baekhyun also went home to clean the hpuse and study.

The next day, Baekhyun also didn’t have any classes, so he went to spend some time outside his house. He went to Bonggoo’s restaurant to chat with him for a bit.

“Wel

Please log in to read the full chapter