Chapter 2

Roommate
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was late night when Baekhyun finished all his classes. Feeling exhausted, he opened the door to their house to see his halmeoni setting many foods on the table.

“Halmeoni, what’s the occasion? Why are there so many foods?” He asked

“I’ll tell you during dinner, for the meantime, go wash up while I finish preparing the food okay?”

With a smile, Baekhyun replied “Ne, halmeoni.”

After washing up, Baekhyun sees his grandmother already sitting by the table.

“Ah, you’re finished. Come now and eat, Baekhyun-ah, before the food gets cold.” His grandmother motioned.

After a few minutes of eating in silence, his grandma suddenly spoke.

“Baekhyun-ah, I prepared many food tonight because I’ll be leaving for my hometown tomorrow. I’ll be staying there permanently.”

Baekhyun was shocked “N-ne, halmeoni? But, why so sudden?”

“I’ve already thought about it many times. Don’t worry about me, we have relative there and they said that the house we lived in before is still under their care. As for the reason why, I’m sorry but I don’t think the life in the city is for this body, I’d rather be off to the countryside. I’m sorry for leaving you Baekhyun-ah, but your education is in here. I’m really sorry my grandson.”

The grandson could only smile at his grandmother’s sincere voice “It’s okay halmeoni, being in the medicine field, I definitely know that the city is not suitable for your body, and I don’t want to have you operated again. I understand halmeoni, though it will get lonely sometimes.”

“Aigoo, don’t say that my child. You have friends that can come over. And that girl, what’s her name again? The one that always follow you around? Was it Na Hyunjoo? Or Hyojoo?

“It’s Na Hyunjung. And she’s not following me around anymore. She said do herself.”

The elderly woman could only laugh “Really? What has gotten into her? What do you think Baekhyun-ah? What is wrong with her? She likes you when you were still the rebellious ‘good-for-nothing’ Baekhyun, and now that you have matured into a new and improved Hwang Baekhyun, she has stopped liking you? Ah, girls fall in love with the wrong personalities these days.”

“Ah, it’s not like that halmeoni. Hyunjung actually talked to me about a little piece of herself.”

~Flashback~

Baekhyun was walking home from a grocery store one night when he passed by a park. He saw a familiar figure by the swing set and decided to know who it was. It was Na Hyunjung, the one who proclaimed to have fallen-out-of-love with him.

“Na Hyunjung, it’s getting late, why are you here? It’s getting dangerous during nighttime in the alleyways.”

Hyunjung offered him a small smile “Annyeong, Baekhyun-ah. I was just finishing an assignment for our songwriting class. I'm doing the finishing touches for my song.”

“Oh? So, it’s finish by now? Can I hear it?” Baekhyun asked

“Hm, okay” Hyunjung agreed. Hyunjung closed her eyes, as if she can release her emotions on her voice more if she closes her eyes. Then she sang.

'Rolling, tears are flowing,

rolling, rolling

Like the silent pain hasn’t won

Trembling, fingertips are trembling,

trembling, trembling

I must be thinking about the happy, warm times

They say if you love, you become prettier

They say if you love, you change a little

What do I have to do to make the

love inside me prettier?

When I think about it, tears come

When tears come, what comes to mind is

It’s a relief that I have a person like that by my side

Gently, my eyes are closing,

gently, gently

I must have wanted to dream about

the scent of that smile

Rolling, love is flowing,

rolling, rolling

Please log in to read the full chapter