Chapter 4

Roommate
Please log in to read the full chapter

For two days Baekhyun had been searching for a new apartment. He tried searching at different newspaper advertisements, but every time he got to the location, the owner would say that it is already sold. He looked for cheap apartments even in the downtown , the worst part of the town, where every news of rime happened. But he had no choice, hadn’t he? He was decent at fighting, so it would be no problem, and he can heal his his bruises if he acquired one, he is after all, a doctor in training. But even the worst part of town cannot accept him, all apartments are full.

On the third day, he opted for his last option, his friends. He decided to call them and tell them about his housing problem.

They met again at Bonggoo’s restaurant. The others were confused. Baekhyun never once initiated a get together between the five of them. Why was he doing it now?

Bonggoo, who obviously lives there, went to greet Baekhyun when the latter walked in.

“Hi, Baekhyun-ah. What went to your mind to suddenly invite all of us? Is there any problem?”

Baekhyun smiled slightly “I’ll tell you when the others are here.”

A few minutes later, they were complete, and staring at Baekhyun with curious gazes

“So… what brings you here? Are you going to announce something?” Chandoo asked

And so Baekhyun told them his problem. How the landlord unintentionally kicked him out of his house, and how not one single apartment is available for him to live in.

"Really sorry, Baekhyun-ah. As much as I want to, my father won't even sustain me and the money I earn from my part-time job is only enough for one person." Hong Chandoo says.

"Me too, I can't. I'm still living with my parents, and we don't have any spare rooms either. You know our restaurant and house is connected, and the other rooms became storage rooms for meat and vegetables." Oh Bonggoo chimed in

"I can't, either. My mother just returned home after many months. I kind of want to spend more time with her. Sorry." Gil Pulip added

Seeing that only one has not rejected, all heads turned to Na Hyunjung, who is happily grilling and eating the meat. Sensing the silent and weird atmosphere, she turned her head to see that all of her friends- except Baekhyun- are looking at her expectantly. With meat still hanging from , she asked,

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Pulip suddenly transformed into aegyo mode.

"Hyunjung-ah~~ my friend~ you'll help us right?"

Hyunjung, looking at Pulip with still full of beef, was confused.

"Huh? Help you with what?" She asked

Chandoo snickered "Yah, Na Hyunjung, do you really love meat that much that you didn't hear anything?"

The allegedly 'meat-lover' gaped "YAH HONG CHANDOO! What's wrong with loving meat?" She looks at Bonggoo "Right, Bonggoo?" She pouts cutely, which the others thought as cute. "Anyways" Hyunjung continued, "what do I need to help with? Do you need a painting or something? I can make you one."

Chandoo suddenly became excited by this "Really?! Then can you make a portrait of me doing a headstand? Or maybe a back flip with me at the air?"

Pulip smacked the dancer's arm "Chandoo-ya! We're not here to talk about that" She then looks at Hyunjung and smiles nervously, "You see, Hyunjung-ah, our Baekhyun here was kicked out (Baekhyun:Ouch) of his old apartment. Halmeoni is staying at her hometown and she will permanently stay there. The problem is, Baekhyun doesn't have a place to stay. The three of us want to help, but because of different reasons, he can't stay at our houses...."

Hyunjung stared at Pulip "........And?"

Aish this girl, naive as always Pulip can only sigh "What I'm saying is....... canyouletBaekhyunstaywithforthetimebeinguntilhefindsanewhome?"

"What?"

Pulip sighs for the nth time that day "Hyunjung-ah~~ can you let Baekhyun stay with you for the time being until he finds a new home? Pretty please Na Hyunjung~~"

They all look at Hyunjung who is eating while listening to Pulip. She then stared at Pulip for a long time, and then turned her stare to Baekhyun. She kept staring at him with a blank look at her face, making everyone at the table anxiously. Everyone knew of Hyunjung's undying love for her seobang. But they also knew how Hyunjung announced to them a few weeks ago that she sees Baekhyun as a friend only and will continue loving him like how she loves her friends. If this was the old Hyunjung, she would say yes in a heartbeat. But with the new Hyunjung, they were unsure. To their surprise, Hyunjung smiled cheekily. "Okay." She said.

Baekhyun gaped at her "So, you mean, I stay at your house for the mean time?" He dumbfoundedly asked.

"Sure, I don't mind the company. The house feels lonely anyways.”

Baekhyun smiled sincerely at his friend “Thanks. Hyunjung-ah”

 

The fourth day, Baekhyun was prepearing his things with the help of his friends. He didn’t have much, just clothes, a few toiletries. his books,  and some pictures, but his friends still insisted on helping him because: Their appliences will be shipped to his halmeoni so she can still use it there, and they also want to have some bonding time at Hyunjung’s house.

After boarding the last appliance on the bus, they set off to the bus station.

“Ah, I wonder if the studio there is still okay.” Chandoo mused loudly

“Studio? What studio?” Pulip asked

“Hyunjung has a studio in her apartment, well, beside her apartment that is. The owner of the apartment room moved out, so Hyunjung purchased it and redecorated it to be a studio. I actually helped her redecorate it.” Chandoo explained.

“Why would she need a studio?” Bonggoo aksed

“Because, Bonggoo, our Hyunjung is an artist. Maybe she needs more room for her paintings and other artworks.” Pulip said.

“You know how to go to Hyunjung’s apartment right? Chandoo? Pulip?” Baekhyun asked to which the two nodded. “Let’s go.” And so they set off to Hyunjung’s apartment, where Hyunjung is tidying up.

No more than 15 minutes, the four had reached the apartment. They rang the doorbell, then Hyunjung’s voiced popped out from the intercom speaker.

“You’re already here? Wait a minute; I’ll just finish Baekhyun’s room.” After a few more minutes, Hyunjung opened the door and stepped aside to give others space to enter.

“Wahhh, Hyunjung-ah, your house is really nice!” Bonggoo exclaimed

“Thanks Bonggoo-yah, I worked really really hard to clean this. After Baekhyun fixes his things on his room, do you want to see my art studio?”

“Can we?” Pulip excitedly asked “Then, Baekhyun-ah! Quickly! Fix your things already, ao we can go to Hyunjung’s art studio!”

“Okay, okay. Geez, no need to shout.” Baekhyun grumbled while moving his things to his new room.

After Baekhyun finished fixing his room, putting his clothes in

Please log in to read the full chapter