Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Exo Christmas

Jongdae was sitting in front of the tv and bored out of his mind when he sniffed the air and smelt something amazing. He followed the scent all the way to the kitchen. His eyes lit up when he saw fresh cookies in the shape of reindeers sitting on a red and green coloured plate. He his lips before reaching up to grab one. A light slap on the hand from his mum stopped him. 

 

“But i’m hungry and i want one~” he whined, his bottom lip quivered. 

“They’re still hot. You have to wait for them to cool down” his mother told him.

“That will take forever. I want one now!” he frowned.

“Why don’t you go and play with Minseok while they’re cooling down. You can even ask him if he wants to come over and have some” she gave him a gentle smile. Jongdae returned it with a cheerful smile of his own. He pulled on his big oversized coat before running out the door, excited to play with his bestfriend.

 

“Hello Jongdae. Come in. Minseok just finished eating breakfast and is watching tv. He’s so bored but maybe you can cheer him up” she said letting him into the house. Jongdae’s smile became huge once he seen his friend. 

“Minnie~!” he called. Minseok turned around and smiled once he seen who it was.

“Jong!”

 

“Do you wanna play with me today?” Jongdae asked with a slight shade of pink in his cheeks.

“Ok. What do you want to do?” Minseok asked. 

“Do you wanna come over to my place and drink eggnog and eat reindeer cookies. My mum just made them” he said with a sense of pride in his voice.

“Nah. I just ated some” Minseok said. Jongdae frowned. He looked over towards the window and saw Minseoks christmas tree and couldn’t help but noticed it wasn’t decorated yet.

“Do you wanna decorate your tree?” He pointed towards it. Minseoks followed to where he was pointed.

“Nah, i’m doing that tomorrow” he told his bestfriend. Jongdae frowned once again. He brightened up not long after with a new idea.

“I heard the other kids are having a snow ball fight. Do you wanna join them?” he smiled. Minseok thought about this idea for a while before shaking his head.

“Nah. I don’t feel like getting hit in the face with snow today” he said. Jongdae sighed, out of ideas. He sat down and looked at the tv.

“Then, what do you wanna do?” he asked. Minseok looked around thinking of something to do. His gaze stopped on his playstation.

“Do you wanna play the console?”

“Nah. We’ve played all of them a million times.” Minseok tried to think of something else.

 

“Minseok, your father and i are going out to the store. Do you and Jongdae want to come? You can play in the toy store while we shop” she asked. Minseok turned to Jongdae who shook his head.

“Me and my mum are going this afternoon. She was going to ask if your parents wanted to go then too” Jongdae told Minseok mother. Minseok turned back to his mother. His mother turned to his father.

“Maybe we should wait until this afternoon then” Minseoks father said and his mother nodded in agreement happily.

“Then, we should go over and confirm it with them” she smiled. With that Minseok parents walked out of the house and over to Jongdae’s place.

“I already writted my letter but if you want we can do your one and we can send them to Santa this afternoon” Minseok suggested.

“I wrote my letter last night. I can’t wait to send it to him” he jolted in excitment.

 

They both sat in silence for a while watching the television and thinking of something to do instead of staying bored and inside all day. They both brightened and turned to eachother not being able to hide their joy.

“Do you wanna build a snowman?” They asked in unison. They both laughed and grabbed their oversized coats before running outside into the snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mindae/ JongSeok XiuChen