All I Want For Krismas Is You

Exo Christmas

Just one more day until christmas eve and Kris will be home, Tao thought excitedly. His boyfriend had been in Canada for 2 weeks and he was coming home tomorrow. He wanted to stay in bed and dream about their amazing reunion but he knew he couldn’t as he had to find a christmas present for Kris. He finally got himself up and of his bed. He quickly combed his hair as he hated bed hair and started walking into the kitchen to make breakfast. His phone started ringing on his bed. He ran into his room as fast as he could and leapt onto the bed picking it up.

“Hello~” he answered knowing already who was on the other end.

“Hey sweetie” Kris’s voice came through.

“I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Are you at the airport now?” he asked.

“I actually rang because i have some bad news”

“Bad news?”

“They want me to stay and work overtime”

“Well thats ok. You’ll still be home in time for Christmas, right?” 

“I’m sorry. I won’t be home for Christmas this year” Kris told him. Tao’s smile fell.

“I know your disappointed but-”

“I’m not disappointed. I’m fine...i will be fine.” He cut Kris off and tried to sound positive even though he was screaming inside. 

“I love you Tao” Kris said, sounding defeated.

“I love you too Kris.” And they ended the call. Christmas is doomed, Tao thought. He didn’t understand why he had to work on Christmas of all days. It was unfair and now he had to spend Christmas alone and devastated.

 

Tao straightened himself up.

“No. I will not be devastated. I demand myself not to be upset on Christmas” he commanded.

“Besides i still have to get a present for kris” he said to himself. He got up, went to the kitchen and threw a piece of bread in the toaster. While it was toasting he got dressed in warm clothes and brushed his teeth which he regretted since he would have to brush them again after breakfast.

 

Once he got out the door and went into town he felt a little better feeling the christmas spirit all around. His eyes lit up as everything looked so festive and pretty. All the shops were expectedly packed with mad-looking shoppers rushing around, pushing and shoving each other. Tao tried to stay out of their way as much as possible.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Kris was down-hearted that he couldn’t be with his boyfriend on christmas. Why would they make someone work on Christmas, Kris thought. He figured they must be a bah humbug. he put his phone back in his pocket and walked back into the room, joining the meeting that he wasn’t even paying attention to. He was thinking of what he could possibly get Tao to make up for his stupid work.

 

No. Nothing could make up for missing christmas and making him spend it alone. He pulled away from his thoughts and tried to focus on the meeting but all could hear coming from his boss’s mouth was ‘blah blah blah’. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair miserably. I would do anything to be with Tao right now, Kris thought. 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Tao looked in every store and still couldn’t find a christmas present worthy for Kris. His eyes suddenly lit up, his cheeks became rosy and a smile grew on his face. GUCCI! He ran inside the store quickly. Everything looked so amazing. Every rack was filled with beautiful clothes. He walked over to the rack with all the christmas specials. As he was searching through he stopped at a red and white knitted sweater.

Suhp

It would look perfect on Kris. He looked at the tag to check if it was Kris’s size when he noticed the price. “Oh my god!” Tao said loudly. He looked around to see everyone staring at him. 

“Sorry...sorry” he apologized and everyone went back to shopping. 

“Why are you so expensive” he whined to the sweater. It would of looked so good on him too, Tao frowned. He looked at the sweater some more and noticed the stitch work in the designs. I can easily knit this, he thought.

“All i need is red and white wool and a pair of knitting needles” he listed.

“I can do this” he smiled and sneakily took a picture of the sweater.

 

After looking around for an hour at the sewing and knitting shop, he finally found the right colours for wool and got the knitting needles he needed. Once he bought them, he walked into the Starbucks next door and felt excited just looking at their christmas menu. Their was so many delicious sounding drinks but he went with the eggnog latte. 

 

He was half way through his latte and looking at the picture he took of the sweater. Looking at the fine detail of the patterns. He took another sip and put his phone down. He looked outside as snow started to fall. The music in the coffee shop made him feel excited about christmas. All the decorations everywhere made it all the more joyful. But as he looked around he started to notice all the couples. Snuggling together and drinking warm coffees. Holding hands and kissing. There was barely any single people around. He was surrounded by couples. He frowned and his shoulders slumped, feeling miserable. He took one last gulp of his eggnog latte, picked up his phone and shopping bags and left.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Christmas Eve’s morning came around. Kris stepped out of the coffee shop as he had just ordered a gingerbread latte. He and Tao always went to Starbucks on christmas eve together. It was usually packed with other couples too. He imagined Tao sitting at Starbucks all alone surrounded by other couples and looking completely hopeless and upset. No, he couldn’t think about Tao being upset anymore, he had more important things to think about. Like what to get Tao for christmas. Just as he was thinking of ideas, he saw a giant stuffed panda in a toy store window. His face brightened up as it reminded him of his adorable boyfriend.

 

He walked over to the window to get a closer look before walking into the store. Children were running around and playing with toys. He noticed some were on the floor chucking tantrums as their parents refused to buy them the toys they wanted. There was a Santa Claus at the back of the store with a long line of eager children waiting to sit on his knee and tell him what they wanted for christmas.

 

Kris turned and saw a row of the giant pandas on a shelf. He smiled and grabbed its paw.

“Your coming with me” he let out a small chuckle and picked it up. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and saw the Tao was trying to call him. He ignored it.

“Just wait a little longer.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Tao tried to call him again but Kris didn’t pick up. I wonder why he isn’t answering his phone. Maybe he’s in a meeting, he thought. He put his phone done and the television. He got up the lounge he pulled out the eggnog he made last night. He threw a straw in the jug and sat back on the lounge. He knew christmas movies would be playing all day. He started drinking. It didn’t taste as good as it did last year when he made it with Kris. He put the jug filled with eggnog down before grabbing the bag of wool. Lucky Grandma taught me how to stitch properly, he smiled and grabbed the needles and started knitting.

 

Hours went by. He stopped when he finished half the sweater. He grabbed the jar of eggnog and saw that there was none left. He sighed and picked up his phone. he dialed Kris’s number and let it ring. Again he didn’t answer. Why won’t he pick up, he frowned before starting to stitch again. Drowning the noise of the television out and completely focusing on finishing the sweater for Kris.

 

A knock on the door woke Tao up. The sweater was wrapped up and sitting under the tree. The TV was still on and was showing ‘It’s a wonderful life’. He lookup to his clock. The hands were striking at 12:03. Christmas had started 3 minutes ago. There was another knock at the door. Who the hell is knocking on my door at this time of night, he frowned feeling annoyed. 

 

He opened the door and was greeted by a giant toy panda. Tao looked confusedly at the panda. Kris’s headed appeared at the side, behind the panda’s head. He gave Tao a smile before giving him the panda.

“Merry Christmas!” Kris cheered.

Tao stumbled back a little. He put it down to the side before jumping into Kris arms and hugging him tightly.

“How are you here? I thought you were working and why didn’t you answer my calls?” Tao asked as he held Kris’s hands.

“Yesterday morning my boss called everyone up and told us to go home and be with our families and partners for christmas. His wife's didn’t take the news of him working during the holidays too well. And i didn’t answer because i wanted to surprise you” he smiled. Tao returned the smile and gave him a passionate kiss.

“You definitely surprised me” he said. Kris closed the front door and looked behind Tao. 

“Looks like we’re going to have to make more eggnog” he laughed. Taos cheeks shaded pink.

“And ‘It’s a wonderful life’ just started”

 

Tao remembered Kris’s gift and walked over the christmas tree before handing to him. Kris ripped the wrapping off and pulled the sweater out. He smiled and threw off his jacket and replaced it with the sweater.

“How do i look?” Kris asked pulled his most charming smile.

“Absolutely perfect” Tao laughed. Kris pulled Tao in close and gave him a light kiss on the forehead.

“Merry Christmas Kris” he whispered happily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner. I have been so busy preparing for Christmas and have been sick. But i hope you like this Taoris fic.

taoris kris taoFEELS!!