The Perfect Tree

Exo Christmas

Jongin and Kyungsoo were making snow angels while their parents chatted to each other.

“Kyungsoo, why don’t you and Jongin go find a christmas tree while Jongins mother and i go christmas shopping” Kyungsoo’s mum said. Kyungsoo sat up and looked to Jongin who nodded and smiled. Kyungsoo grabbed Jongins hand and started running as he wanted to get to the market before all the good trees were taken.

 

It’s up to us to find the absolute perfect tree for christmas! Kyungsoo thought as they reached the market. They were having a huge sale on all pine trees. They looked at tree after tree but Kyungsoo and Jongin couldn’t find the perfect one. 

“This tree’s too short” 

“This tree’s too tall”

“That ones too green, but this ones not green enough... is it dead?”

“You can’t even smell christmasness on this one”

“That tree doesn’t have hardly any leaves on it”

“This tree is too leafy” Kyungsoo critisized. Jongin sighed as no tree seemed to be good enough for Kyungsoo.

“How can a tree be too leafy?” Jongin asked as he tilted his head to the side.

“It just is..” he trailed off.

“This tree is bent”

“Is that one too straight?” Jongin asked smiling.

“Don’t be silly, its got no point at the top” he replied.

 

It was afternoon and they still hadn’t found the right tree. They came to the last stall and finally Kyungsoo eyes lit up like christmas lights.

“We’ve found it” Kyungsoo said giddily. He walked over to inspect the tree.

“It’s not too short and it’s not too tall” he said checking the height.

“It’s not too green and it’s not dead. It’s just green enough” 

“It’s smells like christmas!” he sniffed before his lips pulled up into the biggest smile ever.

“It seems to have just the right amount of leaves on it” Jongin joined in on the inspection.

“I know!”

“And it’s not bent or too straight and it’s-”

“It’s full!” Kyungsoo said excitedly, cutting off Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo tugged on the salesmans shirt to get his attention. He turned around and smiled at the 2 tiny kids looking up at him.

“Sir, i want this tree right here” Kyungsoo told him. The man looked up before scratching the back of his head.

“I’m sorry kid, but this tree has already been paid for. We’re about to send it off to the new owners” he told kyungsoo, feeling bad for him. Kyungsoo frowned with tears brimmed in his eyes.

“B-but i brought the m-money” his voice shook as he held out 2 ten dollar notes.

“There’s plenty of other good trees” the man tried to smile but knew it was no use. Kyungsoo had his head down and was slouched as he started walking away. Jongin stayed behing for a few minutes before running after Kyungsoo.

 

They got back to Kyungsoo’s house in silence. They opened the door and Kyungsoo turned giddy. He jumped up and down clapping his hands happily. His perfect tree from earlier today was sitting in his lounge room.

 

“My perfect christmas tree!” he smiled.

“But the man told us someone already bought it. Did you bought it mummy?” he asked.

“No, it wasn’t me sweetie. It was Jongin” she told him. Kyungsoo turned to Jongin with a huge smile and gave him the biggest hug and kissed him on the cheek. Jongins cheeks flushed red.

 

“Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou so much Jongie!” Jongin smiled at the nickname Kyungsoo gave him.

“But how did you get it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“My parents were the ones who bought it but you wanted it so bad, so i told him to send it to your house instead” he explained.

“But now you won’t have a perfect christmas tree” Kyungsoo frowned.

“Actually, Jongins parents just called and asked if you two could go down town again and look for a tree tomorrow” Kyungsoo’s mother told them.

“I will definitely find you the most perfect christmas tree ever!” Kyungsoo promised. They both smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this Kaisoo fic! I'll update again soon ^^

i love you KaiSoo