(o) 11. A VIRTUOUS SELFISHNESS

I'm A Woman Too

"Finding me?" Minah repeated dubiously, "what for?"

Taehyung breathed out before smiling at last, "to report on what happened, of course."

 

 

"You look worn out. Are you alright?" Minah asked as soon as they settled down on a bench out at the hospital yard. She was planning to see Seungyoon but Taehyung assured her that Seungyoon was alright, and he asked to borrow a little of her time to let her know what he claimed to be important to her and to Seungyoon.

Taehyung gave her a chuckle before pointing out, "says the woman who's having her head wrapped with fifty rounds of gauze."

It was the last thing she thought she would be able to do until then, but a soft chuckle escaped . "I'm fine."

"Yeah, luckily you are. Both you and Seungyoon-ssi." Taehyung commented, "I was worried to death when I had to leave you and him to drag that crazy old bastard to the police station."

"So the pen- the thing you gave me, you got a signal from it?" She asked, as it was the only credible reason why Taehyung was able to find her. She felt her cheeks blushing, shy about the fact that Taehyung knew she still kept it with her till this date.

"That's how I could track your location. Well, not just me, I brought a whole squad, including Yoongi-hyung." Taehyung revealed, his lips curled up to a good-natured lopsided grin. Minah swore his smiles were the most infectious in the world, because she kept copying him.

"Sorry that I disturbed your friend's graduation date." Minah apologized, "I owe everyone."

Taehyung only shook his head.

"Now to the main topic, we dragged the guy straight to the police. Turns out he was a wanted criminal. He was charged with drug smuggling, and now attempted homicide and violence. I don't know how he managed to surpass your family's background check, but he did and he used the disguise of a chauffeur to try and... kill Seungyoon-ssi." He shivered at his own word choice. "The guy was ridiculous. He told the officers that your mother-in-law, the person who hired him, was his accomplice. I think she'll have to turn up soon because of that. But really, no one believed him. His made-up excuses were pathetic."

She cleared at his comments. "But would that mean he won't be able to get out any time soon?"

"For sure." Taehyung nodded, "Jungkook told me his sentence might be somewhere between ten to twenty years in prison, depending on how his trials go."

The great news was slowly sinking in. He probably wanted to kill Seungyoon so he could get the latter's fortune to flee to another country as soon as possible.

Somehow, the incident was beneficial to Mrs. Kang and Minah herself. It turned out well, even though it still did not make Mrs. Kang's actions any less inappropriate. If it weren't for Taehyung and his friends, Seungyoon could have been in danger.

"You must be worried about Seungyoon-ssi, I'll walk you to his ward." Taehyung said, interrupting Minah's stream of thoughts.

 

 

"I thought he handed me my medicines." Seungyoon said, "who would have thought those were sedatives."

"We should be more careful now when hiring people." Minah commented as she sat herself down next to Seungyoon's bed in his ward, "that guy was a criminal who was after money."

"So he was subject to keep me hostage for bribery?"

"Probably." Minah concurred. She concluded during her walk with Taehyung, that she was to keep everything a secret from Seungyoon. There were no benefits in him knowing, and his life was already hard as it was.

"Right. Congratulations on your graduation, noona." Seungyoon smiled ear to ear, "sorry I didn't make it."

"There's nothing to apologize for." Minah said. If anything, she was the one who had to apologize.

"Yes, there is. You risked your safety trying to save me and you got your head injured because of it." Seungyoon pointed out seriously, glancing at her bandaged head.

"I could walk around right after I woke up. It's nothing." Minah assured, patting her head to prove that she was totally okay.

"Then why was Taehyung-ssi holding your shoulder all the way here?" Seungyoon asked and he burst out a chuckle when Minah blushed, looking away. "Look who's still head over heels for Kim Taehyung."

"Did I look that obvious?" Minah breathed out, facepalming herself to hide her heated face.

"Do you even have to ask?" He laughed heartily. "By the way, how did he end up here?"

"It was a coincidence." Minah lied, hating herself for hiding so much from her friend. However, she was too tired to explain everything to him. All that information, he really didn't have to know.

"Oh." Seungyoon nodded, surveying Minah's gaze. He didn't ask further as she did not seem to care to explain further.

"Seungyoon..." Minah said, inhaling before speaking out with difficulty, "I would like a divorce."

"Okay?" Seungyoon asked calmly, though Minah did not dare to check his reaction.

"I want to get back with Taehyung. There was a misunderstanding. He never had a girlfriend."

"What a relief." Seungyoon said, much to Minah's surprise. She looked up at him, waiting for his next sentence, "I'm rooting for you."

She had no idea if he still liked her or he already got over her. But she knew the grin he displayed was genuine. And that was all she needed.

"Thank you, Seungyoon." Minah said, leaning forward to hug him. "The time I spent in the Kangs was pleasant all thanks to you."

"Don't forget me, alright?" Seungyoon hugged her back, his head resting comfortably on her shoulder. A tear escaped his eye but he was quick to wipe it away.

She could never forget him. "I'll visit often."

 

 

She did visit Seungyoon twice to three times every week. She was thankful that her visiting times never collapsed with Seungyoon's step-mother, as one would visit during the day when it was her most leisure time, and the other at night after her work schedules. She learned from Seungyoon that Mrs. Kang was unaffected after the chauffeur's accusations. He was locked in prison for the next two decades as Jungkook had guessed. She would not know if he would be able to get out sooner and if he would target the Kangs after he got out, but that's none of her business to care further.

After she was no longer tied with the Kangs, she found an apartment to live in, starting anew. She enjoyed her solitary stay at her new place before meeting with Taehyung again and telling him everything that happened to her, letting him know that she was in love with him, and hoping he would return her feelings. To her relief, he did like her back.

He didn't hesitate to hug her upon hearing her story. And it was the most comforting hug she had ever received in a long time. He let her cry on his shoulder, and that was the longest cry she had ever had in a long time.

"Noona... How did you know I like you again?" Taehyung pulled back from their hug, but his hands reached for hers in a tight hold.

"Joohyun-ssi told me so." Minah answered, searching his eyes for the reason he suddenly asked her such a question.

"What if you never met her?"

"I would have no idea you like me." Minah said, her face grimacing at the statement. She broke into a smile after, "speaking of, I'm glad I got to meet her. I should have been more grateful."

"See, this is your problem." Taehyung sighed, pulling her closer to him, "you should have been angry."

"I was." Minah claimed, "but then I wasn't. I still got you in the end."

"You could have never approached me again."

"That's right." Minah said, looking up to think about that possibility. "Just thinking about it is making me uncomfortable."

"And even though you followed your mother's plan out of kindness towards her and Seungyoon-ssi, you had every right to stop."

"I know. But-"

"You are too selfless, noona. You are too kind."

"Do you dislike that about me?" Minah slightly pouted, down-casting her eyes.

"I like you too much for that but I hate seeing you get hurt because of it, noona." Taehyung said, cupping her face with his hands to lift her head up to face him. "Your life is more important than anyone else's. You should never put others before you."

She could only nod, because she felt like screaming out of joy once she opened . Taehyung just confessed to her, and even though she appreciated Taehyung's little lecture, the bliss she felt at that moment was all that mattered to her.

"You look like a fool right now with that grin, noona." Taehyung pointed out, chuckling at Minah. "What's in your mind again?"

"I was just thinking, maybe you would come to me anyway."

"Of course." He deadpanned.

"Then it doesn't really matter whether I meet Joohyun-ssi or not." She concluded.

"That doesn't make what I said to you any less valid." He countered.

"Can we just drop this conversation for today?" She sighed, though her smile was still on her face.

"This is an imp-" Whatever came next from his mouth was muffled as Minah put her lips on his for a brief peck. He was stunned and started blushing.

"Where did you learn this?" Taehyung asked between his flustered hearty laughs, "I forgot what I wanted to say already."

"I saw it in a drama." Minah answered, laughing alongside him.

"Okay let's spend the rest of the night watching it and let me learn from it too." He said, already pulling his laptop over with a playful grin on his face.

The silly, spontaneous random things they were doing at that moment were what actually felt right to Minah. She finally found a person she could comfortably be around.

She found another reason to make her life worth it. And she planned to protect it, to value it selfishly, rightfully.


A/N: omg so that was the end!! chapter is short because all issues (I believe?) have been taken care of and there's no need to make it lengthier than how it should be methinks ~~

it was really a long journey for me personally to finally finish this story. as you can see it was published in Dec 2015, a lot of replanning and plotting were put into this because this story gained a lot of attention back then (well looking at the subs you can tell ^^'). but all of those I realize weren't good enough as the reviews I requested were all negative. I only really realized how bad my writing was (not that it's good now lmao but it's at least a little less cringey) 6 years later.

I know the BTS fanfic community isn't really alive anymore and because of that, I believe most if not all of the original 251 subscribers before this story got updated in 2021 are no longer active, so feedbacks are out of the question lol. but if there's any new reader who have come across and managed to read all the way through this chapter, please do fill out this form/ or leave a comment to let me know that you exist! you have no idea how great it feels to me to have my story read by someone from start to finish T-T

Have a good day/ night everyone! I hope this story was worth your time/ you were entertained by it ~~