Mother | Chapter Seven

Set Up | Hoshi

  

~Please read author's note at the end of the chapter~
 Kim So-Eun 

I wake up to a light, but constant poking of my cheek. I let out a yawn as I open my eyes to see someone in front of me, I let out a scream as my vision clears to see Hoshi smirking.

"Wake up sleepy head" he laughs and pokes my cheek again. I quickly grab my pillow and start to hit him over and over again causing him to groan in pain.

"What the hell?!" I sit up to be met with a smirk once again, once Hoshi gets a look at my nightwear.

I was wearing a thin crop top and pair of shorts, it was hot in my appertment so I didn't want to wear something to heavy.

I roll my eyes and get up, pushing him off of my bed and out of my room. I slam the door shut when he's out and let out a sigh. I go over to my wardrobe and pull out a pair of navy blue jeans and a baby pink crop top. I throw on a pair of black boots and grab my phone before stuffing it in my pocket.

I exit my bedroom and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, once I've done that I put on some light make-up before going into the living room.

In the living room sat not only Hoshi, but little Pinkette too.

"Hey Pinkette, you're here too" I let out a fake smile and turn to Hoshi with a glare. "I don't appreciate you breaking into my apartment, again!" I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"It's not breaking in if you have a key" He says holding up my spear key in his right hand. My mouth drops and I look at him to the key and back again.

"How?"

"You told me where it was remember?" I face palm and let out a sigh.

"right"

"Anyways, I was thinking we could spend the day together since I heard you had the day off" I raise an eyebrow and tilt my head slightly

"and how did you hear that?"

"I have my sources" he once again shows his infamous smirk and I roll my eyes. "Anyways, I was thinking you could bring your friend too"

"which one? I have more than one you know"

"The one Woozi here has a crush on" he says and Pinkette let's out a groan.

"I don't have a crush on her"

"Keep saying that mate, we all know you do" He says not even turning around to face him, but keeping his gaze on me. I let out a giggle ready to .

"Awhh! Little Pinkette has a little crush" I go over and pinch his cheek and he swats my hand away.

"I don't have a crush!" He moans, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'll text Kat now" I giggle and pull out my phone before opening the text app.

Me-
Sent- 10:25am
Do you want to go out somewhere with Hoshi and I? X

Kat-
Sent- 10:26am
I'd rather not be a third wheel, but thanks for the offer x

Me-
Sent- 10:26am
Woozi will be there;)x

Kat-
Sent- 10:27am
Maybe I could be convinced... X

Me-
Sent- 10:27am
I'll buy you fooooodddd~ x

Kat-
Sent- 10:28am
Sold at food!!! x

Me- 
Sent- 10:28am
Okay, meet you in 10 at the park x

Kat-
Sent- 10:29am
Okayyyy! X

I put my phone back in my pocket and smile at my victory.

"Kat is joining us, I told her we'd meet her at the park in 10" I see Hoshi smirk to Woozi and slab his back.

"Come on Wooz, you get to see Kat~" He teases and Woozi rolls his eyes and stands up.

"Let's go!" Hoshi then says, grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

I feel like this is da ja voo

Woozi follows behind, also closing the door to my apartment behind us.

☀ 

We got to the park and saw Kat lying on the bench upside down, so her legs were over the top, with her headphones on. I let out a laugh, rushing over to her and tapping her on her chin.

"Just because your name is Kat doesn't mean you have to act like one" I laugh as she takes off her headphones.

"Hey, I am a cat, what more can I say?" she also laughs and sits up, her legs still over the back.

She puts her hands out for me to grab and smiles.

"Help please"

I roll my eyes and laugh again, pulling her up and she pouts slightly.

"ouch, that hurt"

"say that that every time" she just shrugs and makes a 'meh' face before giggling and hugging me.

By this time, Hoshi and Woozi had walked over and joined us. Kat and Woozi looked at each other before quickly looking away.

"Hey"

"Hi"

I hear Hoshi let out a chuckle and smirk when I look over at him. He goes to tease them when I grab his hand to stop him. I roll my eyes and tug on his hand.

"come on, let's go"

We start to walk away, with Woozi and Kat following behind us. After walking for about 10 minutes I felt a tap on my shoulder. I stopped walking and turned around to see Woozi, but no Kat. Woozi looked confused, as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Kat has wondered off"

I let out a laugh and pull out my phone.

"What ar-..." i cut him off mid-sentence.

"Just wait"

Me- 
Sent- 10:45am
We have fooooodddd! x

"Where?!" Kat says suddenly popping up behind us out of nowhere. Hoshi let's out a scream, before grabbing onto my arm and I let out a laugh.

Kat pouts when she sees there's no food.

"You said you had food"

Hoshi then let's go of my arm and starts to act like he didn't just scream and I turn to him.

"We all know you just screamed, don't act like you didn't" I smirk and raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah Hoshi, that wasn't very manly, you screamed like a little girl" Woozi laughs as Kat starts to skip away.

"What she said" He says before following after her.

Hoshi pouts slightly and let's out a sigh. I roll my eyes again and laugh as I grab one of his hands.

"Let's go" I smile and we start to follow behind them this time.

Kat stopped suddenly and caused Woozi to walk into her. She was about to fall when Woozi wrapped his arms around her waist, stopping her. A blush appeared on her cheeks and she stood up properly with his help.

"Thanks" she mumbles sperating from him and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You're welcome" he mumbles back with a fake cough, as they try not to face each other.

"Anyways, were are we going?" Kat asks, her blush fading slightly.

"How about the Movies?" Hoshi suggest and I shake my head.

"Nah, seems boring"

Kat spins in a circle as she hums to herself,before looking up and suggesting

"What about the mall?"

"I dont mind" Woozi says and looks over to us. I nod and look to SoonYoung.

"You okay with it?" I ask and he nods, I smile and grab his hand once again and turn to Kat and Woozi.

"Let's go"

We had arrived at the mall soon after that.

The first thing Kat did was grab my hand and pull me into a music shop. Once we entered the music shop, she ran off and disappeared into one of the Isles.

I let out a laugh and start to follow her, the guys trailing behind me.

"Seulpeohajima no no no honjaga anya no no no
Eonjenanana naege hangsang bichi dwae jun geudae
Nae soneul jabayo ije jigeum dagawa gidae
Eonjena himi dwae julge

Gajang naege himi dwae jueotdeon
Nareul eonjena mideojudeon geudae
Dadeul geumanhae rago malhal ttae
Majimak niga barabol sarang ijen naega dwae julge"

I laugh as NoNoNo by APink started playing and a squeak comes from an isle, making me know instantly where Kat was, this was one of her favourite songs not matter how old it was pretty how old she would be. I walk to the isle she was in and hip bump into her causing her to laugh. Once the chorus comes back around she does the hand movements and I follow suit. We giggle together as the song starts to come to and end and Kat notices something in the magazine rack.

She grabs my hand quickly before pulling me over to the magazines.

"You okay?" I ask and she nods, not letting go off my hand, she picks up a magazine and shows it to me.

The cover showed SoonYoung and I, when we went to the Amusement Park a few weeks ago.

'New Couple? Hottie + Rookie?'

I let out a cough and grab it out of her hand and put it back on the shelve before SoonYoung comes over. I put my finger to my lip to show Kat not to talk about it and she raises an eyebrow, but nods anyways.

"What you girls on about?" SoonYoung asks and I cough.

"Nothing" he raises an eyebrow looks over to Kat, she was looking at another magazine.

"Ooo" she picks up the magazine and smiles. "it's about GOT7's comeback" I let out a laugh and turn to SoonYoung.

"One of her favourites" SoonYoung opens his mouth and nods, in an understanding way.

"BamBam is still cute~" Kat giggles and Woozi coughs from beside her.

"He's not that cute" He states and Kat rolls her eyes and let's out a laugh.

"Yes he is, have you seen him?" I share a look with SoonYoung and he nods agreeing with what I was thinking; someone's jealous.

"No he isn't, there are more people cuter than him" he says and discreetly wraps an arm around her shoulder, she lets out another laugh and turns to face him slightly.

"Oh really? Who?" She asks and Woozi fakes a cough, motioning to himself, but obviously Kat doesn't notice this, she rolls her eyes and walks away from him, letting his arm drop from her shoulders. Woozi lets out a sigh and face palms as he shakes his head, SoonYoung laughs before going and patting his back.

"Better luck next time"

I let out a giggle and walks off, following in the direction Kat went. Once I catch up to her, I link my arm with hers.

"You know he was trying to motion to himself right" I say and Kat giggles and nods.

"I know" I stop suddenly and she turns to me.

"You knew?" She lets out another laugh and nods her head.

"I know I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid" she says, before linking my arm with hers again. "Anyways, it's funny seeing him trying to get my attention"

This time I'm the one to laugh and I pat her head.

"I don't give you enough credit"

With this we both laugh and hear the boys run up behind us, trying to catch up. Kat looks at me and puts her finger up to her lips, exactly like what I did early, I nod and smile and we laugh again.

"Hey wait up" SoonYoung calls and wraps his arms around my shoulder when he catches up.

"Well come on then slow pokes"

We wondering around the mall for a while, occasionally going into some shops.

"We should get something for Min-Ji whilst we're here" Kat says hugging my arm and I nod.

"Yeah we should"

"Why do you need to get her something?" Woozi asks, making Kat beam.

"Because it's almost her birthday!"

"When's her birthday?" SoonYoung asks and I answer this time.

"December 30th"

"Oh, the same as Joshua's" SoonYoung says and I look at him confused, he notices this and he chuckles. "Someone in my group" I nod understanding.

"It's almost Christmas too" Woozi says wrapping an arm -again, trying to be discreet- and we nod before Kat turns to me.

"Are we doing the whole gift giving thing this year?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, we do it every year" I see Kat make a face and bite her lip. I let out a half laugh and shake my head "You forgot didn't you"

"pftt- No! I don't know what you're on about" She lies and grabs Woozi's hand before pulling him off somewhere.

"You're going to need money" I call out and she walks back, with her head ducked down and stops in front of me

"Yeah, I need money" she mumbles and I laugh handing her some money. "Thank you" she mumbles again, before walking back over to Woozi.

"Don't get lost, call if you need anything" I call over to her

"KK" she calls back, dragging Woozi away somewhere.

I let out a laugh and turn to SoonYoung.

"I'm a mother at 18 to a girl who's 16, but acts like she's 5" SoonYoung laughs and holds his hand in mine.

"You do a good job" He says and I blush slightly, letting out a laugh and I kiss his cheek.

"Thank you," I look over to the direction Kat left and smile "I do, don't I" I say before looking back at him, to see him smiling at me. He puts some of my hair behind my ear and nods.

"You do"

SoonYoung and I were walking around a clothes shop hand in hand, looking for something I could get Min-ji.

"What about a top?" SoonYoung suggests, holding up a pink and black stripped top and I shake my head.

"She wouldn't wear that, but thanks for the idea" I smile and he puts the top back on the rack.

"What does she like?" He asks and I sigh.

"That's a hard one, she either loves something or hates it, no inbetween"

I pick up some plain black tops and buy them, before we start walking around the mall again.

"So how come you're so mother like to Kat?" SoonYoung asks as he wraps his arm around me, pulling me close.

"Well Kat is basically a child so we're all mothering her, but it's mostly because of her mum"

"What about her mum?"

"Basically, since she doesn't live in Korea, She trusts us girls with looking after Kat. Honestly Kat's step-dad's family is loaded, they can afford anything, that's how she can afford to stay here" SoonYoung looks confused.

"Then how come she doesn't have money on her?"

"Her mum doesn't trust her with money" I say and glance at him and he again looks confused.

"Why?"

"Because you know what Kat's like, it's not that she'll spend it all, it's just that she'll get lost and something will happen" I see SoonYoung nod from the corner of my eyes and he looks at me.

"I get what you mean"

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Woozi comes walking up to us now because Kat has wondered off again without him noticing" I predict and and speak of the devil, Woozi appears in front of us. SoonYoung turns to me and raises an eyebrow.

"How did you do that?" He asks and I let out a laugh.

"It's natural" I say before turning to Woozi.

Woozi awkwardly rubs the back of his neck and lets out a sigh.

"She's wondered off again"

"Where did you see her last?"

"I'm not sure"

I let out a sigh and pull my phone out from my pocket, I go onto speed dial and click her number. After two rings Kat picks up.

"Hello?" Kat says and I smile a bit thankful she actually picked up the phone.

"Where are you?" I ask and Kat sniffs.

"I don't know" she mumbles and I bite my lip quickly before realising it.

"Okay, what do you see?"

"A fountain" I nod my head to myself and smile.

"Okay, I'll be there now"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye"

I hang up the phone and turn to SoonYoung, he smiles causing me to smile back.

"I'll go get her, I'll meet you somewhere later"

"You don't want me to come with you?" He asks and I shake me head.

"No it's okay, I'll message you later"

"Okay, be safe" I smile at this and kiss his cheek.

"I will" I look over at Woozi and he frowns, looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry" he says and I giggle, causing him to look at me confused.

"It's fine,there's nothing you could of done, Kat will wonder off no matter who she's with" I say and he nods. I look back at SoonYoung and smile.

"I'll see you later" he nods, and pulls me into a hug, I wrap my arms around his neck and take a deep breath before releasing it.

"Promise to stay safe" he whispers in my ear and I nod slightly.

"I promise" I whisper back and let go of the hugs.

"Bye" I wave slightly walking backwards a couple of steps before turning around and walking in the direction Kat could be found.

I arrive at the fountain and I feel a pair if arms around me waist making me jump.

"i'm sorry for wondering off again" Kat mumbles hugging me.

"It's fine, just be more careful next time" I say hugging her back and she snifs a cry.

"i'm sorry for getting lost all the time"

"Shh, it's fine" I feel some tears sink into my shirt as she starts to sob. "Shh, don't cry it's fine" I her hair, trying to calm down her crying. I pull away from the hug slightly and smile at her.

"Let's get you cleaned up and go for some food, I promised you didn't I?" Kat sniffs out a giggle and nods.

"Yeah" I smile and grab her hand and lead her towards to bathroom.

"come on"

☀ 

Once we had finished in the bathroom, we made our way to the canteen. When we did get there, after a ten minute walk, we ordered our food and sat down at a table next to a window

Our food came quite quickly after we ordered and we started eating.

"So what's with you and Woozi?" I ask and Kat shrugs

"there's nothing between us like that" she says as she quietly eats her pizza.

"Can I ask you a question?" Kat asks looking up at me.

"Yeah"

"when we first joined and got signed, we had to sign a contract saying we couldn't date"

"Yeah?" I ask, confused at what's she's getting at.

"Yeah?"

"then how come you and Hoshi are dating?" She asks and I eat a chip.

"Well, we're not really dating, just hanging out, if you get what I mean" She nods and I continue "It's also a sense of I know him, but I don't know him"

"Well he obviously likes you, you can tell" Kat giggles, smiling lightly looking up at me.

"Now that isn't true"

"Yes it is, he looks like he's head over heels for you"

"Stop lying" I cant help, but smiling a bit and shake my head.

"I know the look, it's the same look my step-dad gives my mum"Kat smiles to me and rests her hands on her hands "you just haven't realised it yet~"

I shake my head and eat another one of my chips.

"Lets finishing eating so we can go home" I say and Kat nods, changing to her fun self rather than her heartfelt self.

"Okay Unnie"


Hoshi -
Sent - 5:06pm
You got home okay? X

Me-
Sent- 5:06pm
Yeah, home safe and sound:)x

Hoshi-
Sent- 5:07pm
Good, Kat okay? X

Me-
Sent- 5:07pm
She's fine, sorry I left earlier. Wanna do something to make up for it another time? X

Hoshi- 
Sent- 5:08pm
Are you Miss Kim asking me on a date? X

Me-
Sent- 5:08pm
No. Just suggesting we spend some time together.

Hoshi-
Sent - 5:09pm
Well, Miss Kim, I expect this date request ;) xxxx

Me-
Sent- 5:09pm
IT NOT A DATE!!

Hoshi -
Sent - 5:10pm
Whatever you want to believe, but we both know it's a date;) xxx

I scoff and roll my eyes, locking my phone and putting it on my bedside table.

"It's not a date" I mumble to myself and cross my arms over my chest. I scoff to myself, and shake my head.

"No way is it a date" I shake my head and get up off of my bed start to walk to my kitchen for a drink to clear my mind.

"It's not like I'd want it to be a date anyways" I shrug and fill a glass up with water.

He is kinda cute though.

I spit out the water in my mouth and start to choke. Yes, the classic and cliché spit take scene.

"I did not just think that!" I yell to myself and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I put my arms on the kitchen counter and put my head in my hands.

"What did you just think?" A voice says from beside me causing me to scream. I look and see SoonYoung, I lean my head against his chest try and catch my breath. I can feel his chest vibrate as he laughs.

I pull my head away from his chest and proceed to hit him a few times.

"You need to stop sneaking in!" I state and he laughs again.

"but then that be no fun" he fakes a pout and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

"Well it kinda scares me that you can come in whenever"

"Why would it scare you?"

"I'm not sure, it's just I've lived on my own for ages, so it's weird someone being able to randomly walk in"

"Well you trust me right?" He asks and I nod

"Yeah, I do" He smiles at me and uses one hand to tuck some of my hair behind my ear before looking back into my eyes

"good"

"very good" I giggle, looking at him and he chuckles. We stand like that for a few moments before SoonYoung starts to slowly lean in. I notice this and for some reason nothing but lean in also. our eyes flutter shut and we're so close I can feel him breathing. Right as the gasp was about to close the cliché happened.

My phone rang.

We jump apart and i quickly answer my phone as my cheeks start to flush bright red.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me, have you seen the new issue of   K-Wow?" Kirsten asks and I sigh.

"Briefly yeah, why?"

"Well they say some pretty interesting stuff" I let out a sigh and run my free hand through my hair

Crap.

"great, can we talk about this tomorrow?" I ask and Kirsten hums.

"Yeahyou okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, ill talk to you tomorrow"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye" I say and hang up the phone before putting it back in my pocket. I turn back around to face Hoshi and I frown seeing he isnt there.

"Hoshi?" I call out and walking my living room to see my house empty.

I let out another sigh and look down at my feet.

Great, just great.

I walk back to my room and get into bed and I start to hug the toy Hoshi won me when we went to the Amusement Park.

"It's not like i wanted to kiss him anyways" I mumble and let out a breath and bite my lip

"stupid hoshi, making me think weird"

I turn off my lamp and quickly check my phone seeing nothing, not even a text from Hoshi saying why he left. I roll over and stare at my wall, hugging my teddy even tighter.

Stupid Hoshi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So sorry for the long wait on this chapter, I like to do this thing were I update once I have the next chapter after the one I'm posting is finished, but I'm having massive writers block so I haven't really been able to write chapter eight, and I've been trying since New Years. So please bare with me for a while until the next update.

Also, this is late, but did you have a good New Years?

Oh, by the way I'm sorry if there any mistakes in this chapter, I have t really had time to go through and edit it.

This is the longest chapter yet, over 4000 words! Go me! :"")

Please vote, comment and share this with your friends!

Until next time,
-Kat