The Second Guardian

Defying the Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                               

 

The masked Guardian put his hands in the air, sighing as he set down the bag he held in one hand and the box of food that was in the other on the table he was sitting on. He jumped off, saying, “You caught me.”

Jongdae looked at the box of food and gulped as his stomach growled at the sight. Though he couldn’t see what it was he could honestly eat anything at the moment. “It seems like I have.”

Robin Hood was taller than Jongdae (Jongdae is average height, don't mistake other’s abnormal tall height as the usual.) and his head tilted down as he looked at the latter. “You ain’t a officer?”

“No,” Jongdae replied, staring at his mask. “I’m but a poor man like you.”

Robin snapped his fingers and pointed in his direction. “Well slap me silly, and call me Jack. You're Kim Jongdae! You’re the guy who killed all them people in Sector two.” Jongdae winced at that accusation. “Man, can’t believe I’m in the same room as the guy who killed his own family.”

Jongdae clenched his fists, biting his tongue to keep in all of the insults that were trying to come out. “You act like you haven’t committed any crimes yourself. You’re a thief, so don’t act so innocent.”

Jongdae felt Robin’s aura beginning to seep with anger from the comment.  “I ain’t a thief,” Robin told him, trying to keep a steady voice. “And I sure as hell can tell you that I ain’t a murderer.”

“I’ll kill you!” Jongdae shouted, almost lunging at him before a sensation calmed down his anger. He nodded towards Jiyoung’s direction, signaling he was fine. He took in a deep breath to calm himself.

Robin noticed the exchange and observed the orb of light. “Wait, you using magic? I got this… this weird feeling right now.”

“Not as weird as when I punch you in the fa-“

“Let’s get to the point already,” Jiyoung intervened. “You’re a magic wielder.”

Robin scoffed. “No I ain’t.”

“The fact that you can see and hear me is enough proof.” Jongdae could feel the smirk that would be present (if she had a face). “Look. We don’t want any trouble.”

Jongdae raised a brow as Robin stiffened. The latter nervously stammered, “I think y’all need to be in the loony bin.” He stepped closer to the table behind him.

Jongdae narrowed his eyes. “Not now. Maybe in a few months, depending on if I can stay sane until that point.”

Robin nodded before in a flash he was on the table, turning around to go through an open window (most likely the way he was able to enter the building). Jongdae rushed forward and grabbed his long-sleeved shirt from behind before pulling him off the table. Robin swung a punch in his direction, but Jongdae managed to duck in time, shoving the man to the floor and straddling him before raising a fist in the air.

“Hold it! Hold it ladies.” Jiyoung’s orb of aura floated to their direction, stopping the men from doing any more damage. “Seriously, what’s with men and their love for fighting?” she murmured to herself. “Now how about you get off of him and we talk it out like civilized people, okay?”

Jongdae pursed his lips and got off the other man’s body, holding his hand out once he was up. The latter took it and stood up, bowing his head as a thank you.

“Now apologize,” Jiyoung demanded.

Jongdae and Robin looked in opposite directions, scoffing, as they crossed their arms across their chests in defiance.

“Now!” she yelled, which made them both jump from the sudden outburst.

“Sorry.” They looked away, embarrassed.

“Good.” Jiyoung’s tone lightened and the orb of light floated in their direction. “Now that we’re done with the nonsense let’s start with the introductions.” She cleared . “My name is Jiyoung and this is Kim Jongdae.”

The masked man bowed his head again. “N-nice to meet you, ma’am.”

Jongdae would’ve made fun of the guy for being scared of Jiyoung – who didn’t even have a physical body – if she didn’t also intimidate him a bit.

“And now. Let’s talk business.”

Jongdae scoffed. “You make it sound like we came to mug the guy or something.”

“Well, considering how things played out before that’s exactly what it did look like.”

Robin huffed. “All right, what do ya guys want?”

Jongdae turned to Jiyoung’s direction, bowing his head in a mocking gesture. “Why don’t you explain it to him, m’lady,” he sarcastically remarked.

“Was already planning on it, peasant. And quit with the bravado, it doesn’t suit you,” she shot back and snorted when Jongdae glared at her.

She cleared . “Well to put it simply, Robin, I am a sorceress from over a century ago, the world you both are familiar with was once called Exoplanet but then a group called The Red Force took over and changed the world to how it is now, a prophecy was made that twelve men would put the world back to the way it initially was and I was put into a coma, eventually being awoken by the named Jongdae. The end.”

Jongdae wished he was in possession of Jiyoung’s rock form, so he could throw her out of the window, but he was stuck with only her annoying voice.

Robin feigned dizziness. “Whoa. Okay, well, I understood half of what you was saying. The rest is gibberish.” He froze for a moment, tilting his head to the door before taking out a device from his pocket. “C’mon, we need to leave now.”

Jongdae leaned over and stared at the screen of the technology, which displayed numerous hallways – one of them showing a group of officers heading in one direction with their knives in hand. “What’s this?”

Robin shrugged. “Dunno. Stole it from a guy – probably one of them officers. But you should know they’re heading straight for us now.”

“It’s a camera,” Jiyoung declared. “And don’t worry, I’ll make a spell real quick-“

“No time,” Jongdae interrupted while jumping on the table to go through the window. “We need to escape. Now.”

Robin grabbed the back of Jongdae’s shirt, just as the latter had done to him before, and wrapped an arm around his torso when he stumbled off of the table. “I swore I wouldn’t do this again, but I trust you guys.”

“What are you doing?” Jongdae exclaimed.

Robin turned to Jiyoung in a hurry. “What ‘bout you?”

“I’ll be right with you, don’t worry!”

People started kicking on the door, and Jongdae yelped as black smoke surrounded their bodies. 

The other male took his mask off, revealing a teen that looked around the same age as him; a wide grin was spread across his face. “Might wanna hold on."

The familiar feeling of being contorted into different directions made Jongdae thrash around in the younger male’s arms. And before the black smoke completely blocked his vision, he heard Robin let out a childish laugh.

“The name’s Jongin, by the way!”

Then Jongdae screamed as he was warped through time and space, meanwhile blinded by the darkness. He was terrified. And he started to feel nauseous. Even if he had been through a similar experience when Jiyoung managed to send him to his home (before it was destroyed) when they had first met, it didn’t make him feel any better. In fact, this time it was worse.

Robin, on the other hand, seemed to be fully enjoying everything, as he was whooping and laughing all the while clutching tightly to Jongdae – who was more or less holding onto him with dear life.

Finally the torture ended, but clearly Jongdae missed the memo because he was still kicking around and screaming.

“Jongdae, it’s over!” Jiyoung shouted, making the teenager stop and open his sealed eyes.

“Oh.” He grinned sheepishly and looked up at Jongin before gesturing to the arms wrapped around his waist. “You mind…?”

Jongin beamed back and set the elder boy on the ground. “Sorry. You get used to it after a while.”

Jongdae felt his skin warming up as he suffered from mild embarrassment. He cleared his throat and looked around the fairly small bedroom that had two beds. It was similar to the one he stayed in with his mother, and he took a deep breath to gather his thoughts.

“Where are we?” he asked Jongin, who was currently shoving his mask under a few clothes in the bottom drawer of the nightstand.

Jongin grabbed an outfit and quickly took his shirt off before answering, “My home. Mom and Dad ain’t here yet. Sister ain’t either.”

Jongdae nodded, observing how Jongin quickly changed into his outfit (similar to Jongdae’s - a tank top and shorts, both very tattered and dirty, which was a large difference to Jongin’s outfit before: black skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. He even wore black gloves and shoes to go with it. Wonder who he stole those from…) and shoved his previous clothing on the bottom of the drawer with his mask.

Jiyoung flew forward. “You know, the last time I saw a guy shirtless was my last boy toy. Oh man, his abs were so defined, and God, his eyes were the most gorgeous shade of brown. And I can’t forget the way he moa-“

“Okay!” Jongdae shrieked while sprinting to Jongin and covering his ears. “Do you have a filter?”

“No. But I do know a good body when I see it, and you sir, have a fantastic one.” Jongdae looked at Jiyoung’s aura with disgust as Jongin looked to the floor with a blush.

“That’s disgusting! You're like a thousand years older than him,” Jongdae spat.

Jiyoung giggled. “A hundred, actually. And you’re just jealous because I think he’s hot and you’re not.”

“Why I oughta- “

The front door to the small house slammed shut, startling the three of them. “Jongin?” a soft voice called out.

“Coming, mom!” Jongin ruffled his hair and beckoned the other two to follow him as he walked out.

A middle-aged woman put a basket on the table; she most likely just came back from grocery shopping. She smiled when she saw her son, and raised a brow at Jongdae.

“You didn’t tell me you were going to bring a friend over.” Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter