The Fourth Guardian

Defying the Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin held the compass in his hands, tilting it side-to-side in awe. Glancing at him, Jongdae smiled, holding the map in his hand and writing with one of the pencils Jongin had on the back (he was sure by now the boy had a never-ending supply in his pocket). Luhan whistled a tune to a song, shaking his shoulders along with the beat.

“What’s that?” Jiyoung asked.

“Oh, they’re just some sentences to practice writing,” he replied back.

Jongin leaned over. “T-t-the m-man – ugh, it’s too hard. How do you even be writing that?”

Smiling, Jongdae looked down. “Practice. Reminds me, we need to work more on your reading skills.”

Luhan called out, “Guys!” They looked over. His smirk widened. “Welcome to the north!”

A large gate stood there, the words “Sector three” on the top. Jongdae almost cursed though when he saw a line of people and guards at the front. He walked to Luhan, hissing, “There are guards here.”

Jongin asked, “What’re we gonna do?”

“I’ll use my magic to-“

“No, no,” Luhan said, cutting off Jiyoung. The man pointed. “No need. I got a plan.”

That’s how Jongdae found himself in a dress, a wig, hose, sparly pink flats and makeup. Luhan walked over and grabbed onto his chest. “Ya s are lopsided.” He whacked the man’s hands away, covering his chest and glaring at him. Luhan had practically forced him into it, talking about how it was the only way they’d get in undiscovered. And it was also how he found himself sitting in a carriage, surrounded by women in much more provocative clothing. He gulped, squeezing his legs together and hoping they wouldn’t find out that he was, well, a he!

The women talked amongst each other and were discussing about random things that Jongdae didn’t care to hear. Luhan and Jongin were sitting beside him and he watched how the former easily got into character, speaking in a higher tone. It was then he noticed that if he hadn’t met either males before he would have no idea that they were men. They looked scarily female. His jaw fell agape as he wondered if they actually thought he was one too.

“Hello?”

A hand waved in front of his face, and he backed up, staring wide-eyed at the woman across from him.

“Huh?” he absentmindedly let out, grunting when Luhan sneakily elbowed his side. He cleared his throat, remembering he was supposed to be a woman.

“Your name, honey?” the woman asked, a soft smile on her lips.

“Oh, uh,” he stammered, feeling the rock and uncomfortable padding in his bra. “Jiyoung. My name is Jiyoung.”

The sorceress snorted at that.

“Oh, Jiyoung, Luhana and Luna. How old are you girls? You look quite young.”

Jongin replied with an overly high pitched voice, “I be fifteen miss.”

The women all sighed sadly. One lady saying, “They get younger and younger every year.”

Confused, Jongdae opened his mouth about to ask what she meant but the carriage came to a stop, the back opening and revealing two guards there. He sat up straight, mentally sighing in relief when each of the women did the same. One of the guards walked down the aisle, observing each and every one of their faces with great scrutiny.

Oh God, this is it. They’re going to find me out and I’m going to be sent for execution. The man’s face appeared right in front of his, and he nervously grinned at him, sweating bullets as he walked past with a hum. He continued to do that and once he was finished, walked back out, nodding his head before the door closed again, the carriage moving.

Jongdae groaned, sitting back in his seat and forgetting all about the current situation, spreading his legs.

“Oh dear, you poor girls. That must’ve been harsh to deal with on your first day,” one of the girls commented. “Those guards really don’t care at all and get all up in our face like we’re test subjects.”

 Jongdae sat up, nodding his head. “Y-yes,” he said, “a-and that nasty man’s breath was all up in my face! I swear, those men have no respect for us women. They treat us like animals. Not to mention that guard’s breath – it reeked of onions! He first gets up in my face, and then ruins my nose afterwards. Disgusting!”

He saw Luhan holding back a smile in the corner of his eyes, Jongin practically leaning over, trying to hold in his guffaws at his side; Jiyoung letting out an “oh my God” while giggling, as he smiled sheepishly. Then, there was applause. He looked around, confused, as they cheered for him.

“That’s what I’ve been wanting to say for years now!”

“Jiyoung, you’re so tough!”

“She’s so brave!”

Jongdae grinned. “Oh, uh, thank you ladies! I was just saying what was on my mind.”

The lady in front of him replied, “They get more confident the younger they get.” Then her grin turned into a frown. “I’m so sorry you have to go through this, darling. A girl as bright as you should be in a school getting your education, not being sold for your body.”

He almost choked. SOLD FOR MY BODY! They were es? His jaw opened and closed, but he wasn’t able to say anything before the back door opened again and they were being escorted out by the guards. That’s when he really got a look of the carriage and the one connected to it by a chain (it held the women’s clothes, wigs, shoes and makeup, which was how they were able to get all dolled up), and he began to pale as he realized he had seen these carts before. In his sector. Everyone was told they held cargo, but he didn’t know the cargo was women.

A hand grabbed his and he turned to see Jongin sending him a reassuring smile. They continued to follow Luhan, who was walking along in the line, and through a crowd. Luhan grabbed Jongdae’s arm and sneakily mixed in the crowd, getting away from the line. He grunted as he was shoved around, gripping tighter onto Jongin’s hand.

Once they were out of the crowd, Luhan let go and chuckled at Jongin and Jongdae’s freaked out expressions. The latter leaned forward, asking, “Were those es?”

Nodding, Luhan sighed, looking at the floor with a somewhat dejected frown. “I know I speak o’ women like they’re nothin’ but hot things to look at sometimes, but I’ll let ya know right now that those girls don’t deserve anythin’ they get. They’re forced to be there – to be used over and over again.” He stared off with a longing expression.

“Do you love one of those girls, Luhan?” Jiyoung quizzed.

Luhan shook his head. “Nope. But I was friends with one. Real depressin’.”

“Oh my gosh, he’s so handsome! And did you see how he just lifted that chair up with his mind? So awesome!”

“Exactly! Totally worth the twenty slips.”

When he heard that, it was like something clicked.

Jongin said, “The next guardian.”

Luhan’s shoulder’s shook as he laughed. “Lifted with his mind? Really? I can’t wait to meet this guy.”

Jiyoung snorted. “I’m surprised you’re not pissed off that someone’s parading around pretending to have your power.”

“I think it’s in’ hilarious.”

They went to where the woman had come from, coming across a small building that had a sign that said “Kris Wu, the Great”. Jiyoung busted out laughing when she saw it, saying that it was cheesy. Jongdae chuckled a bit too.

Heading inside, the first thing Jongdae saw was a very tall man with grey hair, circle framed glasses, a suit and a top hat. He was surrounded by a crowd of people and Luhan pushed through, tapping on the two people in front on their shoulders so they’d turn away, giving them the chance to slip through.

Once they got to the front, Jongdae could see the man clearer now. He held a microphone, knocking his finger on it and Jongdae winced when a weird noise sounded throughout the room. It was loud. Then the man began speaking, “Testing, one, two, one, two. You guys hear me in here?”

Everyone screamed. Jongin and Jongdae both covered their ears, trying to block out the harsh noises.

“Alright, alright settle down guys,” the man said. “As most of you know, my name is Kris Wu, and I have the ability to move things around with my mind. To show you guys what I’m capable of – “ he took a pen out of the inside of his jacket –“ I’m first going to lift this pen. You all see it, right? There’s no way I can trick you guys. Here. Look.” The pen dropped to the floor and he picked it back up. “But wait. Sir, please hold this for me?” He walked up to one of the men in the crowd. The man inspected it.

The guy holding the pen uttered something but Kris held the mic to his lips, asking for him to repeat it. “It’s just a pen.”

“See that guys. The man said it was just a pen. Now,” he said, walking to the middle of the room, “watch as the pen – “ he held his hand out, the object lifting high up in the air and spinning around the room as the people cheered –“ moves.” Then it landed back in his palm. “Now that’s impressive, I know, but what if I show you something even better than that.” He placed a hand on the chair beside him. “I’m going to make this chair go up in the air, and if one of you are brave enough then I ask you to be my helper and sit on it.”

People’s hands raised in the air and Jongdae saw Luhan smirking, raising his up. Jongdae poked his side. “What are you doing?” he hissed.

Luhan continued to watch the man, and Jongdae stared shocked when Kris came up to the former, grabbing his raised hand and kissing it. “What’s your name, dear?”

“Luhana,” the man said, fluttering his lashes.

“Well, Luhana, I’m happy to say that you’ll be my assistant for today. Everyone say hello to the gorgeous Luhana!”

Cheering erupted again and Luhan leant forward, mumbling in Jongdae’s ear, “I’m showin’ him who the one with the telekinetic powers really is.”

As Luhan walked over, Jongdae shuddered as men actually whistled and catcalled at him. The man played along with it too, curtsying and twirling the hair from his wig.

“Please sit here, Luhana.”

Soon Luhan was sitting on the chair, and Kris bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter