When I'm with you

Jaysica: What were the words you said to me, that still make me feel so special now?

The warmth from Jaybum's hand encouraged her to follow his lead as they entered the ice cream shop. The cafe had baby blue painted walls and with many white flower pots everywhere.It was small with limited furnitures. Every round tables were accompanied by two little inviting sofas and a vintage lamp that hung from the walls. The whole shop was a little dim and she noticed that the rain had began to fall just as they came in. The overall feel of the place was comfortable and cozy. She loved how the decorations were simple and soothing. Because afterall that's happened, it felt like she needed a peaceful place like this to calm her down.

The rain was pelting down heavier by the minute and the raindrops began forming a sad rhythm as they dropped. The windows were now fogged up with the occasion raindrops that looked like tears sliding down the glasses. Jaybum turned around to meet her face and gave her an encouraging smile as he led her to the counter. The dim lights reflected a certain glow on his face that made her smile a little inside. For that few second that their eyes met, she finally could take her minds off the events that happened before and felt the corner of her lips moving to form a soft genuine smile. Why haven't she noticed this before? That pair of gentle eyes that ceased into straight lines when he smiled, that perfectly sculptured nose, that red lips and his flawless face. She would be lying if she said he wasn't attractive. 

" I used to come here all the time when I was upset " Jaybum said as he watched Jessica eat. She seemed to have registered that because she looked up in reply and nodded her head softly.

" It's a really nice place " She said. The pain in her eyes have slowly disappeared now and there was a hint of liveliness in her voice as she spoke. 

" Yeah, ice cream always cheers me up. I know it sounds silly, but it really works you know? " He looked down in slight embarassement and chuckled. Much to his surprise, Jessica replied with a soft laugh.

" Nah it's not silly, I love eating ice cream when I'm upset too ", she said and smiled. Good. You're smiling now. Jaybum caught himself staring at her small pretty face as he thought to himself. His heart soften a little more as Jessica looked up with her doe-eyes and said " thank you, i feel better now" in her angelic voice.  

There was something in the way she said it that made him weak, or perhaps it was just everything about her that makes him fall even deeper for her each time. For jessica, the endless rain outside was now forming soothing sound and the dim but warm lights were perfect. It seemed like her heart could beat again and there were gonna be answers for everything. She wanted to stay here forever. With the warmth inside here and Jaybum beside her.

Minutes passed and she could slowly relaxed her mind.

Hours passed, she was enjoying everything Jaybum was saying.

When the rain was gone and the night came, she found herself laughing at the jokes Jaybum was telling her. She was glad she could finally take a big step forward with him holding her hands.

Please don't let go of me yet Jaybum, please stay longer than just today like I've asked. I might need you more than I know. 

Jessica prayed he could hear what she wouldn't dare say out loud. Because she felt quite certain that he was the one she wanted to hold on to from now. 

Jaybum wondered if he could take her hands again. He wasn't sure if she wanted him to but he did anyway. As her hands rested in perfect fit in his palm, he began leading her down the street and smiled.

" Where are we going? " she asked.