Epilogue

TAEMIN & NAEUN ; our journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 MONTHS LATER

"Good morning sunshine!!"

Naeun woke up to Eunji's voice. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and cinnamon met her nose as she sat up in bed. Her face lit up as Eunji approached her bed with a breakfast tray, followed by Hayoung, Bomi, Namjoo and Chorong. 

"How's the bride-to-be doing?" Chorong teased as they all sat in her bed.

Naeun smiled ear to ear, her eyes filled with so much love for her friends as they drifted from them to her breakfast tray on her lap. Although Apink was no more they had formed a close-knit bond that would never be broken.

She had chosen all of them and her sister Sae-eun as her bridesmaids.  This was a dream come true, she was surrounded by family and close friends, marrying the man of her dreams in the beautiful Jeju Island.

She looked outside the room, the  compound was surrounded by trees that have changed to their fall colours, each complimenting the other. She carefully slid open the window to let fresh air in  and was greeted with the crisp fall breeze. She was ever grateful to Chorong for hosting her. Although Jeju island was Taemin's hometown, it was a taboo for a bride to be seen by her husband-to-be before the wedding ceremony.  

"Naeun-ah eat up before it gets cold" Eunji's voice brought her back 

"Unnie, I can't" she replied, holding her stomach as she smiled. 

"Butterflies?" Hayoung asked and Naeun nodded burying her head in embarrassment. The room erupted in high-pitched girly screams.

she was really getting married....today...to him

The butterflies in her stomach quadrupled. 

______________________________________________________________________

Taemin sleeked his brown hair down at the left side as he brushed the right side up for a more polished look. He looked at the mirror and smiled at what he saw.

"If you do one more hair sleeking ..I swear" 

Kai said and turned to Suho who laughed at the comment.

"We have to leave Taemin-ah" Suho said as he stood up and adjusted his tie.

"I'm ready...all done....wait" he took a quick look at the mirror again. "How do I look?"

"You have never looked any better...now off we go!!" Kai replied impatiently.

The three guys headed for the door, walking briskly...then Kai stopped the other two stopped in anticipation.

"Hey man, congratulations". He patted Taemin's back.

"Thanks bruh" Taemin smiled.

_____________________________________________________________________

St Mary's Catholic Church stood in the middle of the little Jeju Island.

It was Taemin's childhood church, memories came flooding in as they parked their black Volkswagen. Who would have thought he'd get married here? 

He felt a little nauseous as the memories and butterflies hit him. As much as he had looked forward to 'this' day, he couldn't wait for it to be over so he could be alone with her.

His childhood church had transformed into a wedding wonderland.The trees creating the path leading to the church ranged from the colours red to burgundy to yellow to orange, together creating a beautiful scenery. It looked like they were painted on purpose for the wedding, now he knew why Naeun wanted a fall wedding. As if that wasn't enough, potted yellow tulips were placed on every staircase, falling in line with the stair rails.

 Taemin stopped at the church entrance and adjusted his bow tie nervously. Ravi, Lay, Minho and Key were already waiting for him, all dressed in their tuxedos. He laughed nervously and said hi to them.

"Ready Man?" Minho asked

"Yup" he took a deep breath before finally entering with his groomsmen.

He bowed half-heartedly to the guests as he walked to the altar. The butterflies wouldn't let him think straight, suddenly he started worrying about her would she be okay?...I hope she gets here safely. He was lost in thought and didn't notice the old Priest. He bowed as soon as he saw him.

Priest Kim Chan Jib had been the parish priest since Taemin was a little boy, the once vibrant, energetic priest had changed so much through the years, all his hair had become white, he was slightly crouched forward, the rim of his glasses large enough to cover his eyes and cheeks.

"Hey, calm down...your hands are shaking" Kai whispered in his ears

"is it that obvious?" Taemin whispered asked

"duh" Kai replied "don't worry your bride is fine" he smiled

"I've never done this before" he replied

"well you could have rehearsed it" They both muffled their laughter.

_____________________________________________________________________

Only a little part of the church was filled with Taemin and Naeun's family and friends. Their parents and siblings, SHINee, Apink, Exo and a few of their non-celebrity friends. Taemin was standing at the altar with Kai and Suho his groomsmen,  in black tuxedos. Everyone chatted away with whoever was by their side, whispering, some admiring the beautifully decorated church. The chatting came to a halt when the bridal theme started playing and immediately everyone's face turned to the entrance..

Naeun held onto her dad's hands and stared at the path she was about to walk and to the man...her man at the end of the path then at her dad. She smiled, heart racing, stomach fluttering, happy, sad....sad? why was she sad all of a sudden? she looked at her dad's face, dad..yes dad!! . He had been the happiest person the day before and although he was still happy, there was something behind that sad smile.

Her dad looked at her and his smile widened, he was careful not to let her see his sadness..or was it too late? Naeun was their first daughter although raised by her Nana, she had a special place in his heart or maybe it was the old saying 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'.  Today, he was giving his precious daughter away after all the troubles she had gone through both in life and in her  relationship. Left to him, he would have never let his little baby join the entertainment world but if it was her wish, he would support her with everything he had. Finally, his little baby had become an adult, not a little baby anymore. 

A tear made its way out of his eye, then the other.

"Oh daddy" she said as she wiped his tears.

"I'm fine, I'm fine sweetie" he said as he regained his composure and took the first step forward

Tears welled up in her eyes thinking about her journey, her parents, Apink.... him.

All eyes were on her but the only person who had her attention was him. She had never seen him in a tux that fits perfectly, it clung to him in the right places and was free in the right places highlighting his tall chiseled frame...he..he is beautiful she thought, his smile was the widest and warmest of all. she wanted to run right out of her dad's arm into his arm.

She locked eyes with him all the way from the entrance to the altar not minding the guests.

Taemin couldn't take his eyes off her...

Her beauty was indescribable, he knew she was beautiful but this..this is  different, the simple, white, lacy gown aligned to her  body from her slim waist to the curve of her hips to her long legs. The sweetheart neckline of her dress showed off her long neck  and necklace..his gift. she had lost a few pounds during the wedding preparation and although he didn't like it, he couldn't stop staring at her beautiful collar bone.  Her hair was slicked into a neat mid-bun on which her tiara and her veil rested. Her make-up was almost natural with only mascara and a glossy pink lippy. A little slit showed off her ankle and her white high-heeled shoes. She held the bouquet of yellow tulips in one hand and linked the other with her dad. If he had his way, she would never get out of that dress.

"Gorgeous"

He whispered into her ear as soon as she was by his side.

"Thanks" she replied, unable to meet his eyes.

His butterflies disappeared, her beauty, presence cleared them all. He carefully linked arms with her and pulled her closer, forcing her to make eye contact with him. She got lost in his grey eyes, she didn't notice his smile, all she wanted was to be with him, right there and then..any additional second would kill her.

"Ehm!! ehm!" Kai coughed and the bridesmaids giggled. Their teal dresses, all the same style with a sweetheart neckline and free from the waist down, almost a ball gown but the lower part wasn't as big as one. Everyone had agreed to the colour since it 'went' well with yellow according to Naeun.

Taemin and Naeun turned to the priest who was waiting for them. He smiled when they were finally ready and then raised his right arm...

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together today to witness the Holy Matrimony of Lee Taemin and Son Naeun......"

They said their prayers and the ceremony continued, Taemin and Naeun were inseparable, holding hands all through, Kai and the girls cringing and giggling occasionally. Soon it was the part everyone was waiting for, the exchanging of vows.

"Do you take this man as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Yes" she replied shyly 

"Do you take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes"

"Let us now read the vows. The couple has prepared their own vows, they will now say it to each other" The priest said

The church went silent...

Taemin cleared his throat and took Naeun's hands softly turning to her, a smiled crept to his lips as their eyes met. He raised an eyebrow as if asking if she wanted to go first but she shook her head. He nodded then took a step closer to her, his eyes on her. He bit his lower lip as he began

"Naeun-ah, ever since I met you, you've been my everything. The reason why I chose to spend the rest of my life with you was simple, I just couldn't see myself without you. I want to cherish you for as long as I'm alive..." his voice became softer, speaking as if they were the only ones in the room, he stepped closer to her, their faces so close, she could feel his breath on her face.  "I'm going to treat each day like it's my last with you, wherever life's journey takes us, just know that it's the both of us, I will celebrate with you, cry with you, love you. If  I have to do this again I will choose you over and over again...You are me and I am You, my love, my life, today and always" 

The guests clapped and cheered.

Naeun choked up but she was determined not to cry, it was her wedding day.

"The bride will now say her vows" The Priest said

All eyes were on her, it was safe to say that everyone was waiting in anticipation as they had never heard Naeun openly speak about Taemin. She had always been the shy one who recently started breaking out of her shell..all thanks to him.

She braced herself, she had spent the whole night memorizing the vows she had carefully composed. Her butterflies returned in a hundred fold...looking straight into his eyes and confessing her love to him was something she has never done- well maybe once but it was dark, that night that she ended things senselessly with him- she took a deep breath as she stared into his waiting eyes.

"You...you bring out the best in me"

"You complete me"

"You keep me loving you everyday"

"and..and thats why I don't want to spend even one second apart from you" her gaze dropped to their feet, she couldn't stand the intensity of his gaze, she felt like his eyes would rip her open....she had so much more to say but words alone couldn't express her love for him and she wasn't one with many words...thankfully, he understood

He gently lifted her chin, not taking his eyes off her  for a moment. He was so close, the cheers from the audience had stopped as they were listening with rapt attention.

He knew she wasn't going to say any other thing, she wasn't one who would go on and on but one thing he was sure of was her love for him, he watched as her eyes close and her lips part, ready for him...he took advantage of it, kissing her ever softly and deeply..she shivered at his touch and he pulled her even closer, deepening the kiss.

She smiled when they finally separated,  not letting go of his arm.

"The order of things got a bit messed up....that which just happened was supposed to be after I pronounce you husband and wife" The priest said and the room exploded in laughter.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you Husband and Wife"

Everyone cheered as they exchanged rings.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Soon the wedding was over, it was a short church service only lasting about forty-f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter