Love that was too painful was not love? II

TAEMIN & NAEUN ; our journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Yuju ran up the stairs, grabbed her jacket and purse hurriedly ..her eyes searched around for her sister and when she couldn't find her she ran to Taemin's room, opened the door and peeped..she found Taesun and her sister there, talking.."Shin Soo-Ah!!..we are out of here!!.... right now!!" she screamed as she did the last button on her jacket, breathing heavily

"Unnie!! but why?"

*************************************************

"why are we leaving?" Soo-ah asked impatiently as she zipped her jacket. She ran after Yuju with a confused expression but Yuju was too far ahead to ask any more questions as they both dashed out of the house into the cold  night.

_________________________________________

"will you please slow down a bit?" Soo-ah shifted uncomfortably in the passenger's seat  "we're out of the house now" she continued.

Soo-ah's words fell on deaf ears as Yuju sped up, without saying a word to her sister.

"Unnie!!!! you're going to get us killed" Soo-ah yelled, forcing Yuju to suddenly pull over at the side of the road. She just stared blankly into the night  leaving her hands on the steering wheel. Soo-ah undid her seatbelt and slowly leaned closer  "what's going on?..why are you acting like this?". Yuju just stared without turning or answering her sister's desperate questions.

"is there something going on with Taemin Oppa?"

At the mention of his name, Yuju burst into tears, burying her face in her palms as her shoulders shook with sobbing. "I didn't do it!! why would he not believe me?" she said amidst sobs.

"why would he blame you for something you didn't do?" Soo-ah said as she comforted her sister

 "...the picture was from taesun oppa's phone.." Soo -ah whispered

"oh, the picture is from Taesun oppa's phone? but how did it get online?" Yuju asked wiping her tears

she relaxed in the driver's seat and cried even more......but suddenly she stopped crying, her eyes widened as she slowly processed  Soo-ah's statement. She wiped her tears quickly, sitting upright as she shot her sister a questioning look.

"Shin Soo-ah" Yuju whispered her body fully turned to her sister "I didn't tell you about what happened between Taemin and I......I didn't talk about any picture" Soo-ah leaned back, avoiding her sister's gaze but Yuju moved closer. "How did you know about the picture?" 

"well the picture is posted online isn't it?" Soo-ah argued "and..and everyone has seen it..... so what happened with taemin oppa?"

"Don't change the topic Shin Soo-ah" Yuju's voice was louder than before "how did you know about the picture on Taesun oppa's phone and how does it even relate to the picture posted online?" she rambled without stopping

"are you blind? ..the picture on taesun oppa's phone is the picture posted online, just without taesun oppa!!!!" Soo-ah yelled back.

"Soo-ah -yah, how do you know all these things you're saying?" Yuju replied in a shaky voice and Soo-ah looked away realizing the weight of what she had just spilled

"No, you didn't Shin soo-ah...you didn't" Yuju said through clenched teeth.

The car suddenly felt stuffy, the tightness in and chest wouldn't subside, she quickly reached for the door and hopped  into the cold night without checking for oncoming cars.

"Unnie!!" Soo-ah ran after her as she walked away briskly. "where are you going?..we need to at least get home!" she continued as she finally caught up with her sister. "Unnie, it's late. we need to get back ..or  talk in the car?"

"I have no desire to be in close proximity with you" Yuju replied

"I know..I know but can you go back to the car? ....I'll take the bus home" Soo-ah trembled at the sight of the moving cars on the busy street. "Unnie!!"

"why did you do it?" Yuju interrupted but there was no reply. She folded her arms and looked straight at her sister, they both trembled as the cold wind blew but Yuju wasn't ready to move an inch from where she was standing.

"why did you do it?!!" she yelled

"stop yelling at me, it was for your own good!!" Soo-ah screamed

Yuju's eyes widened at her sister's reply then smiled, raising an eyebrow before exploding. she slowly walked towards soo-ah as she spoke.

"I need an explanation!..right now!!.. before I lose my !!" she screamed

"you have no right to yell at me Shin Yuju!!" Soo-ah  yelled in defiance not minding the onlookers, backing away as Yuju came closer

"you came home crying every time you met him, you confessed to him but he rejected you .."  they both stopped walking and were standing, facing each other....soo ah could feel the pain in her sister's stare but she wasn't done...not yet..."was I supposed to pretend not to see you cry every time? even so you still had a chance, I thought he would grow to return your feelings but that ended when he started dating...." Yuju couldn't hold back her tears anymore and Soo-ah's eyes stung from holding them back but she continued, ignoring the pain in her words..." I was tired of seeing you cry so I decided to investigate" 

"So...so  this is the outcome of your investigation?" Yuju said with her last strength

"you're so ungrateful!! thanks to me you still have a chance" Soo-ah's reply left her Yuju's mouth hanging open

"Shin soo-ah..." Yuju whispered  " You're so stupid " she moved closer  "do you know what you just ruined? my friendship with Taemin!!!! you have always done that, always ruined everything you meddle into..or wait, were you jealous all these while?.."

Yuju laughed hysterically throwing her hands in the air 

" yes, you were jealous, you wanted him to yourself ..so what better way to do it than to set me up? she dropped into a squat and her tears flowed freely 

Soo-ah dropped beside her "unnie" she said placing her arms on her sister's shoulders, Yuju immediately yanking herself away from her sister's touch got up and walked back to the car, Soo-ah walked slowly behind her.

**************************************************

"Where are we going, mom?"

Naeun asked as she watched her mom turn to the highway that leads out of Seoul. 

"To Nana's" her mom replied "since you're home to rest for a while I know you'll be more comfortable at her place rather than at home" she continued.

"Okay"

Naeun replied quietly before sticking her earphones back in her ears.

She was more than relieved at her mom's choice, her grandmother had raised her since she was three up until she became a trainee in middle school. Nana's house was home to her than her parent's house. Memories of her childhood poured into her brain as she listened to music on her phone. It was a traditional house with a persimmon tree in the front yard. She remembered how she and Nana would plant different colors of tulips in the spring and as a silly seven-year-old she would wait by the tulips to watch them bloom and would cry when they don't. She smiled to herself.

After about forty-five minutes on the highway, they finally arrived at her grandmother's house.

"Mom, we're here" Naeun's mom called out

" already? you didn't come alone did you? did you bring my little munchkin?" the little old lady replied as she walked to the balcony.  Her white hair pulled in a loose ponytail, she relied on her cane with her left hand while her right hand held her gray and white casual hanbok to keep it from flowing. 

"Mom don't come out she'll come meet you" Naeun's mom yelled from the gate.

Naeun walked into the compound with her luggage, the compound  she hasn't been in for more than six years...nostalgia swept over her as she blinked back tears.

"Nana!!!" she called out dropping her luggage  as she ran to her grandmother. The hug was from the bottom of her heart as her tears flowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter