Soldier

TAEMIN & NAEUN ; our journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Goodnight sweetheart" he whispered

Naeun sat up and took a final look at him, he sat up slowly and anticipated what she would say or do next but instead she just looked at him. They stared at each other until realization hit him.. his eyes slowly widened.......although the room was dark, the reflection of light from the street was on her

"Naeun-ah" he whispered as his eyes traveled down her body, he hasn't noticed what she was wearing until that moment...suddenly his eyes stopped traveling and focused elsewhere as he turned away.

She had forgotten to put on her robe before dashing out of her room after the nightmare, all that she had on was her sheer beige nightgown one that anyone could see through from a mile away and to add to her woes, she had only her pant on.

"um..uh..I'm sorry" she muttered not sure whether to stay or leave.

He expected her to leave while his back was turned to her but she didn't....screw it  he thought..he wouldn't see her for 2 years anyway. He removed his jacket and gave it to her to cover up, then slowly turned to face her, keeping his eyes strictly on her face.

He smiled at her embarrassed expression, they stared at each other without words.  he bit his lip slightly

"go to bed Naeun" ............ she nodded in response. 

He stood up first, pulling her up with him and into his arms..not minding as his jacket fell off her. She let go of her embarrassment and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Tears stung her eyes but she was determined not to let them fall, she wanted to say goodbye while smiling.

They broke the hug and held hands as they walked to her door.

"goodnight" she said, smiling.

"goodnight" he replied as she entered into her room and closed the door, slowly. 

He continued standing by her door not knowing where to go or how to leave. 

Naeun leaned her back on the door as it closed, the tears she had been hiding from him poured out endlessly as she tried not to make any sound but her heart was too heavy, it felt like it was going to rip out of her chest ....she let it out, crying as her shoulders shook.

she didn't know when he opened the door and  took her in him arms, the only place she wanted to be...she cried as she held onto him, tightly. 

"I can't do this....I can't" she sobbed into his shoulders. 

He held until her sobs subsided gradually..."are you okay?" he lifted her chin but she resisted, keeping her face down.

He cupped her face in his palms and placed a soft but brief kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry Naeun-ah..."his voiced cracked with emotion as his eyes searched hers. "I love you" he whispered. She sniffed and nodded as she let go of him.

He watched her as she walked to her bed and laid down, covering her whole body with her blanket before leaving her room.

He closed her door soundlessly and went back to his  sleeping area, he sat down slowly leaning his back against the sofa. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep that night as he listened to the sound of her sobs from her room..a warm tear rolled down his cheek, then another, and another..until it was uncontrollable.

Finally, he laid down and closed his heavy eyes, her sobs had grown weaker and weaker until he could no longer hear them.

_______________________________________________________________

"Are you up munchkin?" Nana yelled from the living room

"Taemin left very early this morning, he said he had a busy day...I thought you were going to wake up to at least say goodbye..well I wanted to wake you but he said to leave you alone" she continued

 Naeun rolled in bed as Nana's voice penetrated through her door. Her head was heavy as she rolled in bed,

she didn't know when she fell asleep. She felt like staying in bed all day, she knew that once she stepped out he

wouldn't be there.

"Morning Nana" she said as she walked out of her room into the living room, she wrapped her arms around her

grandmother immediately she saw her. thank you so much Nana,   she thought as tears welled up in her eyes. She knew

that they wouldn't have gotten back together if Nana hadn't made him stay.

"what's wrong munchkin?" Nana asked smiling knowingly as she returned her grand daughter's hug.

"nothing...just ..just good morning" Naeun replied as she held back her tears.

"so did everything get settled? when next is he visiting?" she continued

Naeun slowly broke the hug....."yes...but" she took a deep breath.

"but what?" Nana replied.

"how..how?" Naeun was puzzled

"how did I know?" she laughed"wasn't it obvious?..that you guys had a misunderstanding yesterday?. ..well you

guys settled it right?" she looked at Naeun's fingers and her eyes lit up at the sight of the ring.

"annndddd I guess it night ended up with this?" she teased, holding up Naeun's hand, smiling brightly.

"or is there something wrong again?..look at your eyes"

"yea...we settled." Naeun smiled sadly " he will be back in 2 years due to his contract " 

"so you cried all night?" Naeun nodded, looking away.

"well sweetie, the only thing we can do now is to wait" Nana replied.

"you will be fine. I'm sure he'll be back..he's a good man " she said as she wrapped her arms around her granddaughter.

***************************************************************************************************

2 YEARS LATER

"Nana!"

"Yes darling" she answered as she rushed out to the living room. "Hye Kyung-ah! is that you my daughter?"

"Yes Nana" the girl replied as she stood by the door holding on to a medium sized plastic container. "The door was opened" she said as Nana approached her 

"come on in.... come on in sweetie" Nana ushered her in. "oh you didn't have to" she continued, staring at the container in her hands.

"oh no it's nothing, my mom made extra radish kimchi and we know you love it, so I brought you some" Hye Kyung said smiling.

She walked over to the kitchen while Nana followed her "here honey, you can put it on the counter table" Nana helped her put down the container.

"Thank you so much sweetie, and thank your mom for me" Nana entered the little room in the kitchen, it was her own little food storage while Hye Kyung waited in the kitchen

"Here..let me give you some lotus roots, to give to your mom" she said from the food storage

"here sweetie" Nana held out the lotus roots "oh let me wrap them in plastic" she reached into the drawer and grabbed a piece of plastic.

"Thank you so much Nana" Hye Kyung said. 

"you're welcome sweetie" Nana said.  "sweetie I think you should hurry up now so you won't be late for work"

"okay Nana, I will come by later" she rushed out of the kitchen

"oh!.... Nana!" she yelled from the living room "where is Naeun?"

"My dear that lazy one is still in bed...she is so fired today" Nana replied. "you go on sweetie, go prepare for work..see you later" she yelled from the kitchen.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Kamsahabnida!"

The boys chorused as they bowed.

They stood on the stage and waved to the crowd as they waited for them to calm down. 

"Thank you!!" "Thank you everyone!" the boys yelled 

It was the final day of their final tour before they pursue their personal goals.

Onew cleared his throat and addressed their fans

" Thank you so much for supporting us till this moment, you have stayed with us from the beginning and here you are, still by our side. It's like watching a kid grow...but just how much would we have grown without you?" the room erupted in cheers.

"And as we are moving forward to pursuing personal goals, we want you to know even as we go that we are still SHINee"  the fans cheered again while Onew nodded, smiling.

"Minho, Jonghyun and I are enlisting into the army, Key will still continue in the entertainment scene while Taemin will rest and prepare for a solo comeback"

"awww" the fans chorused.

"We will be back in two years, please remember to support Taemin's solo comeback and Key's variety career, Thanks" Onew concluded

"Thank you" the boys chorused again as they bowed. 

"Taemin oppa, how do you feel now that you're going on a 2-year hiatus" a female fan asked in the crowd

"I'm not entirely happy because I love making music but I will take this opportunity to rest and come back stronger, I hope you all support me and SHINee, thank you" 

The room erupted in a loud "aww and fighting!!" as he finished speaking.

"Our fan meeting has come to an end everyone, we thank you for coming to support  SHINee" SHINee's manager addressed the fans.

"We will miss you oppa!!..Onew oppa!...Key!!! ... Minho oppa!!..Taemin-ah!! SHINee saranghe!... Jonghyun oppa!!.. Taemin oppa!!.. SHINee fighting!!..come back safely...and stronger!!"The fans yelled while the boys bowed continuously.

Soon SHINee and their manager  headed out of the conference room amidst fan cheers. His manager gave him a firm pat on his back as they exchanged glances, his own way of saying you've worked hard , Taemin nodded in response.

"What are you guys doing tonight?" their manager asked as they walked to SHINee's waiting room. "we should go for a drink...what do you think?"

"sure, yeah, I'm down" the boys replied at once.

"I thought we were going out hyung" Onew asked their manager.

"Well I thought so too but shouldn't we have a quiet time in the recreation room, I won't be seeing you guys in two years...be nice" he laughed.

As they walked to the company's recreation room, everyone chatted away but Taemin was too tired, or maybe he was just glad the fan meeting was over, glad to take a break although sorry for lying to his fans but he convinced himself that it was for a good cause..if he had said he was going on hiatus because of Naeun then they would be in hot water. They were going to be in hot water when people find out anyway, he sighed but he'd rather be in hot water than go another year without seeing her.

He was going to miss SHINee together as a group but she was at the top of his list. They had contacted each other through the 2 years but not regularly, they had both been busy - he had been busy- his mind wouldn't be at peace until he sees her. He checked her picture on his phone, stared at it and smiled as he imagined their reunion. He was in love with her even more than he had been before, he wondered if she still felt the same way...maybe she does but is she ready to see him again?

"Hey! aren't you having a drink?" Minho interrupted his thoughts

"Yea I will, soon" He replied

___________________________________________________________

"Naeun-ah wake up!!"

Nana called out from the kitchen.

"you are definitely getting fired today!!" she yelled again

Naeun rolled in bed with one eye opened as her right arm wandered everywhere in search of her phone. She yawned as she finally found it, slowly bringing it to her face so she could see the time.

"Sh*t" she yelled as she jumped out of bed. It was 7:30am, school resumed at 9:00am, she had an hour minutes to bath, eat, walk to school how in the hell?  she thought

"sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t" s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter