First Date II

TAEMIN & NAEUN ; our journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"why are you so anxious?..I'll tell you very soon.." with that they fastened their seatbelts and left the han river.

 

____________________________________________________________________

Taesun twirled his fingers around the edges of  the white cup in his hand as he nodded and sang along to IU's friday playing softly in the background. It was time to clean up for the day and go home but he was reluctant to even lift a finger. The atmosphere in the cafe was thick with the beautiful aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans and vanilla and he loved it, infact it was one of the reasons be became a barista...the smile on people's faces when they finally get their hand crafted, creative cappuccino or latte.. and not forgetting the ladies who think baristas are hot..He smiled  checking himself out in his fitting white shirt stylishly folded at the elbows, black jeans and black apron tied around his waist, his hair tied loosely in a low bun with little strands falling on his face. He took a sip of his caffe mocha, savouring every taste as he closed his eyes..

"Oppa, I'm just going to clean up and we can close for the day"

Yuju said as she stood in front of him watching him go into what seemed like a trance after sipping his mocha "you're weird..but its late so lets clean up!!!" she yelled

He opened his eyes and sighed  "you know you don't have to do this right?" He gulped the remaining content of the cup and got up and walked to the kitchen, the empty cup in one hand,his phone in the other "yuju-ya " he found her washing the dishes and approached her dropping his phone and cup on the counter table. He  removed the plates she was washing  from her hands,  placed both hands on her shoulders turning her to face him. "Go home, its late..I'll clean up"

she wiped her hands on her apron, then used them to remove his from her shoulders smiling "oppa..is it wrong for me to help you out?..if you keep doing this I will only be here longer because I'm not leaving until I finish cleaning"

He backed off...it was the yuju he knew, yuju who would never back down even when smiling.

Shin Yuju, their childhood friend or to be more specific, Taemin's childhood friend who only got closer to him after Taemin left home to be  part of SHINee. He remembered their first meeting. Yuju, her mom and younger sister Soo-ah had moved to their neighbourhood at the age of 6 after her father passed away in an accident. Taemin was a sensitive and kind child who made friends easily, he had noticed the little girl's sad expression one day in the playground while she sat by herself and was too shy to talk to anyone. He walked over to her and looked at her for a bit before stretching out his right arm "My name is Lee Taemin what's yours?....and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship between the two. He remembered how she cried and refused to eat for a week when taemin left for SHINee's dorm. He sighed...well thanks to that, he also gained an amazing friend. She had even offered to volunteer at his cafe even though he insisted on her getting paid she refused and worked only when she was on break.

"I'm leaving..its all done" she cut into his stream of thought.

"oh oh..wow ..thanks" he couldn't believe he did nothing but stare while she cleaned. "are sure you're okay to drive?"

"yea I'm good" she stepped out of the kitchen to the locker room to change her clothes " oppa I'll head out through the back door after changing..bye, I'll see you in the morning" she yelled

"yea thanks for today Yuju-ya, say hi to Soo-ah and mom"

_____________________________________________________________

"sowoneul marhaebwa; I'M GENIE FOR YOUR WISH"

"sowoneul marhaebwa ; I'M GENIE FOR YOUR DREAM"

"sowoneul marhaebwa; I'M GENIE FOR YOUR WORLD!!"

Naeun half sang half yelled along to Girl's generation's genie as it played on the radio while taemin nodded occaisionally giving her surprised glances  as she sang. soon the song was over and she turned to face him ...

 

"where are we going?"

she asked for the hundredth time. He just smiled and ignored her while he focused on the road

"oppaaaaa"

"were you always this whiny?" he said looking at her briefly before focusing on the road.

"oh....oh!!" she pointed to the street "..I know this area, its chungdam" her eyes darting from his face to the street

"you do?"

He made a sharp turn and then pulled over to a small but elegant drive-way.

 

"Cafe Bene"

she read out the name of the small but elegant cafe, her hands immediately went to , covering it as her eyes widened in surprise.

"why?" he said as he undid his seatbelt.

"what does that face mean?...do you like it or not?"

"are you kidding?..I love it!!" she replied looking outside

"you know cafe bene?" he asked as he turned off the radio

"yea, they have the best desserts...I have always wanted to come here" she zipped up her jacket-his jacket and put her purse on her lap. "so we are eating here today?"she asked,smiling from ear to ear as she put her phone in her purse.

"remember the weird condition my brother gave me?..well..this is it" he stretched his hands towards the cafe

"I don't understand" she said impatiently, she couldn't wait to go into the cafe.."oh wait..they should be closed at this time of the night plus its almost christmas" she continued

"are you done?" he asked quietly staring at her. she laughed then he joined.

"okay let me explain" he said amidst laughs " he cleared his throat, his eyes shifted uncomfortably

"well my older brother is a big fan of you..." his tilted his head to the right, waiting for a reaction from her

she laughed "really?"

"yes..and I told him about us when I wanted to borrow his car" he shifted in his seat " ..and he said to bring you over to his cafe if we are really dating...I'm so sorry Naeun-ah"

Naeun didn't know how to react..to think that she was going to meet his family  on their first date..."so he owns cafe bene?" she asked pushing aside the real issue

He could see that she was making a decision but he didnt know what she would say

"yes...and if this is burdensome we can just go back..I'll tell him..this was ridiculous anyway"

"no its okay...I'm just worried about.." she looked at her legs although the jacket covered them he knew what she meant.

they both laughed. "are you sure you're comfortable with this...its kind of burdensome isn't it?..taking you to meet my brother and all.." he asked one last time as they prepared to step out of the car.

"oh!" she stopped, he looked at her and then at what she was looking at .. " why are the lights going out"

"I don't know" he said as they both walked faster.

____________________________________________________

Taesun came out of the cafe and the door locked automatically after him. He was walking to his car when his eyes caught two people approaching. He couldn't recognize them as they had their hoods on but he waited for them.

"Hyung!!"

Taemin called out as he and Naeun stood in front on Taesun

Without saying anything he quickly led them into the cafe after pressing some buttons on the lock. Naeun stood-almost hid at taemin's back as they entered, both of them standing at the entrance

"come on in guys" Taesun's stretched out both arms ushering them in "yah taemin-ah!! are you a stranger" he said harshly but smiling as he looked into his little brother's face, a face he hasn't seen in since April.

They walked to a table and removed their jackets. Taesun couldn't believe his eyes as Naeun took off her jacket and mask.

"annyeonghasseyo!!" he bowed slightly, his mouth and eyes opened widely. It was his  first time seeing  Son Naeun  upclose, she was more beautiful in real life, her dark long hair although tousled by the wind laid beautifully on her shoulders and past.

"annyeonghasseyo" Naeun did a 90 degree bow in return, smiling shyly.

Taemin just stood and watched the both of them, holding his jacket. "well..." he his lips "hyung....this is Naeun"

"Sit down please Naeun-ssi." Taesun pulled out a chair for her still not taking his eyes off her  "make yourself comfortable" Only Naeun was sitting, the two brothers stood, one star-struck and the other mocking the star-strucked one.

"Naeun-ssi if you don't mind, can I speak with Taemin for a moment?" Taesun said as he pulled taemin

"Oh that's fine" Naeun replied placing  her jacket on her lap. she shook slightly but she wasnt sure if it was because of the cold or the fact that she was meeting his brother -family  for the first time....she felt like she was looking at two taemins only that one was taller and had long hair.

With the brothers gone  her eyes traveled around the famous cafe in awe .It was warm and quiet with the only source of light being from the bar. She looked up to admire the  crystal chandelier that complemented the high ceiling. the mid section of the cafe had black and white tables and  chairs each table had  a transparent flower vase with yellow tulips at the centre. The section by the two windows had a couple of black sofas and glass coffee tables arranged just like a living room. A guitar was hung on the wall also by the window on the right . A large christmas tree decorated with white lights was by  each window, the same white lights were also used to decorate each window.

She got up and walked to the bar where there were two shelves. As she approached she noticed that one had pastries and the other one had coffee beans. The one with pastries was a glass shelf... it was the  most pastries she had ever seen, containing and not limited to  crosissants, pies, different types of cakes, donuts, cookies. she remembered that those were just model pastries, for people to chose from, real ones were made during the day according to customers' orders...the other shelf was wooden, it contained a large variety of coffee beans, though wooden  she could see the different kinds of beans in different compartments because of its glass door..."wow" she whispered. This is definitely the first cafe bene, she has heard people say that its branches are not as beautiful as the original one and that is true. "wow" she whispered again as she went back to her seat

_________________________________________________________

Taesun pulled Taemin into the kitchen and closed the door behind them. " You brought her for real?" he looked into taemin's face with his star-strucked eyes

"you said to bring her...wasn't that why you let me use your car?"taemin said with an  are-you-kidding-me expression

Taesun scratched his hair " did you check your messages after the call?"

"No..why?" Taemin's facial expression wasn't changing  as he still couldn't undrstand his brother's attitude

"I sent you a message afterwards...THAT I WAS KIDDING!!!...why would I want to interrupt your first date?"

"Oh My God! you did?" Taemin went thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter