first love......the fluttering

TAEMIN & NAEUN ; our journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Disclaimer: All the places mentioned in this fanfic are places I got to know by watching k-dramas and listening to KPOP. I've never been there...I don't work for KBS, MBC, SBS, not in anyway affiliated with music bank and definitely not SM or ACUBE. In other words I'm just a shawol and pinkpanda somewhere in North America and this fanfic is for PURE entertainment.  

This is a sequel to "AFTER WE GOT MARRIED" you might want to check that out before reading ...

 

 

They held each other, wanting to stay that way , forever

each building up courage in their hearts to reveal their love to the world

even though they were unsure about the future

 

"Wow!! we should have checked the weather channel before we left!!!" eunji yelled as she mentally prepared herself to run through the rain .

The girls stood in front of the building, watching as the rain poured. The rain was so heavy, a drop felt like a bucket

"oooh" eunji's voice was shaky, she leaned back as the wind blew the rain towards their direction " I mean I don't hate the rain but i'm talking about you who seem to have a phobia for perfect rainy days su...." she turned to look at naeun.. "Naeun-ah?"

"where is Naeun? she asked no one in particular. Her eyes searching everywhere, frantically

"Naeunnie?"  manager Jung's voice could be heard through the rain as he yelled. He dashed back into the building without a second thought...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Naeun-ah" he said almost in a whisper as they separated, his face still close to hers. He chuckled softly as he noticed her eyes wandering the room, focusing on everything else, except him.

she was shy, just like their first meeting.

"It's pretty chaotic in here right" he said confirming her thoughts.

" I know" naeun replied smiling, still not looking at him. Her eyes widened at the mess.

They were barely fitting in between two costume racks, clothes were lying on the floor, a couple of dusty chairs and a table abandoned in a corner. The chairs had heaps of old costumes on them as well. a few make -up items, combs covered in cobwebs and dust on the table made her....

"Naeun-ah", he brought her attention back to him. Their hands still interwoven.

"I think we should head back" he bit his lower lip. He cursed himself for bringing that up as he watched her smile fade gradually.

"What's wrong?" his face searched hers for answers, answers he already knew. Her face fell.

"I'm scared" her gaze still fixed on the floor, she kept busy by kicking the piece of costume she was standing on.

"I know" his voice was soft and warm, " that's why we have to keep this a secret for now" he tightened his grip on her hands as he  continued.

"from everyone? even the members?" she finally found the courage to look at him, blinking desperately as she fought her tears.

"Yes, everyone....for now" he answered flatly as he pulled her in for another hug. This time patting her back reassuringly.

" well I guess we have to exchange numbers now" he said as they separated.

"you changed your phone again?" naeun was shaking her head at him " you lost your other phone didn't you?" she hit his arm lightly. He laughed in response to her fake anger " you know me " he said making a peace sign " the magic hand" they both laughed as they exchange numbers.

 "I'll call you" taemin's eyes were fixed on her as they both walked to the door, his eyes smiled as well as his lips, this was not goodbye unlike their last meeting. He smiled as he reached for the door handle to open the door, he hesitated, turned to her, she was standing right by him, her brow raised in question as to why he was hesitating  to open the door and with one swift motion, he swept her into his arms and kissed her on the cheek...."goodnight" he whispered softly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naeun ran through the hallway thinking of a suitable excuse, she realised how much trouble she was in, running while desperately thinking of an excuse wasn't the brigthest idea either..."ouch!! Ah!!" ....both her race and desperate thoughts came to a halt.

"oppa!!" her eyes widened at the sight of her manager.

"ummm...ah...mian..he oppa?" her voice was slightly highpitched as she struggled not to stutter.

she nervously fumbled with her sleeves, avoiding his questioning eyes. Manager Jung's black coat was dripping wet from the rain, he was wet from head to toe, his hair had fallen to his face forming fake bangs. The hallway was dimly lit, Naeun was grateful that no one passed by ------oh the humiliation. she thought.

"YA!!" . he yelled wiping his face and clearing his hair away for better vision.

"You scared me...well everyone!!!" his gaze went from cold to worried in a split second. " are you okay?...is everything okay? are you hurt anywhere? is there something you ...

"oppa" Naeun cut in " I'm fine.....my mom called and oh I thought the girls were still saying their greetings.." her voice became normal...... not highpitched,.....not stuttering, she lied!!! she lied comfortably!!!.. most of all she WAS able to maintain eye contact------ good job girrrrrrlll!!!.  she mentally commended herself.

"okay, if everything is alright then lets go.. the girls are worried " Manager jung's voice was calm as he led her out of the building. It was still raining outside but she couldn't care less as she walked to the car. It was the first time she wasn't running in the rain, it was a good day. Taemin oppa confessed to her...it was a VERY good day.

"You know you almost gave me a heart attack today right" Eunji's worried-angry-frustrated-relieved voice greeted Naeun as she hopped into the van. "I mean one minute you were right beside me, the next I was talking to myself" Eunji continued, her eyes fixed on Naeun... the van erupted in complaints as Naeun made her way to the back seat.

"I'M SORRY EVERYONE, my mom called" she threw her hands up and yelled as she made herself comfortable in her seat..." honestly I thought you guys were still saying your greetings"she continued, praying silently for no additional questions. Thankfully, there was none...... they believed her. She smiled at her rare success.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naeun looked at her wet outfit with disgust, "ooh " she shivered as she reached for the pink blanket next to her. The LUV comeback outfit has been her favourite, she loved the way it made her look and feel. The white shirt had ruffles around the neck and as sleeves, the black pants made her legs look longer. She loved the matured look.....not when wet though, she sighed and leaned back until her head was leaning on the head rest.

The ride home was long but worth it as she had time to think about him and what -in the world- just happened in the crews room. It felt too good to be true. SHINee's Taemin had just confessed her and ki-ki-ki-ssed her, she snorted loudly , hurriedly covering with her hand and bending her head to hide...too late as namjoo who was sitting in front of her looked back "unnie is everything okay?" giving her that you're-wierd look. "uh ..nothing I was just looking through my phone" Naeun said feigning a serious look, but as soon as namjoo's head turned forward, her lips erupted in a big smile. A smile that felt and looked different, one that she hasn't had for a while.

He became manlier though- she thought...the way he held her, the way he whispered into her ear, the way he kissed her.........a rush of warmth surged through her core and made her shiver, instead of doing the opposite. she quickly covered herself with her blanket, shutting off from the bickering girls and into her own world.......................

"we're here" bomi called out to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin had taken a taxi and good thing he always had an extra surgical mask and a hat. The mask hid his identity and this time his SMILE. His cheeks hurt from smiling.

Naeun loves him, the impenetrable girl loves him. He couldn't stop smiling-all the way home.

He knew had to get it together before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter