6: Screwed

Scalpel

The ride home was extremely quiet. Mark wasn't sure what went wrong, but was sure it was Jaebum's ill doings. 
Mark fiddled with his seat belt as he bit his lips, scared of the cold atmosphere.

"N-Nyoungie, what's wrong?" Mark asked, naively digging his own grave. Jinyoung kept quiet as he continued focusing on the road, his grip tightening on the steering wheel as he breathed heavily to calm himself down.

Mark and Jinyoung reached home, but Jinyoung was terrifyingly quiet. He gave off an extremely cold aura which made Mark uncomfortable.

Did something happen at work?

As soon as Mark and Jinyoung walked into the doors of their house, Jinyoung casually threw his bag on the sofa before turning to Mark with a stern look on his face.

Mark only felt panic and fear, not able to comprehend how he felt himself.

"Mark Tuan Yi En."

Mark felt his heart tighten when Jinyoung called him by his birthname. Jinyoung only does that when he's extremely pissed.

Jinyoung put out his hand, as if asking Mark for something.
Mark only raised his eyebrows in confusion while his hands tightened it's grip on his bag strap.

Jinyoung sighed coldly before he walked towards Mark, attempting to snatch his bag but failed when Mark pulled his bag back.

Jinyoung squinted his eyes when he heard the sound of pills in Mark's bag.

Jaebum's right.

Jinyoung clenched his fist before reaching for Mark's bag in the speed of light, which was successful.

"Give it back to me!" Mark tried reaching for his bag, but he was too late. Jinyoung already poured out all the contents in his bag.

Mark's hand quickly reached for his bottle of pills, but unexpectedly, Jinyoung's hands were faster.

Mark's breathing became heavy before he looked down, biting his lips, trying to think of a quick excuse but nothing came to mind.

"Is this what Jaebum has been talking to me about?"

Mark could almost hear his heart break into a million pieces when he heard Jaebum's name coming out of Jinyoung's mouth like that. Jinyoung only found out because of Jaebum, and he believed Jaebum straight away instead of believing his own husband that Jaebum would do something to them.
Why was Jinyoung so blind? Why couldn't he tell that this was all part of Jaebum's plan? Why did Jinyoung defend Jaebum the day before, and now believe Jaebum so easily?

"Is this what he has been talking to me about? Is this why you lose focus? Is this why Jackson told me to take care of you well and is this why Yugyeom and Bam Bam were talking about sleeping pills?" Jinyoung's voice only grew angrier as each word escaped his mouth.

Mark stood rooted to the ground, fists turning into a ball and he continued biting on his bottom lip.

The whole world betrayed him. Even Yugyeom whom he trusted the most told Bam Bam.

"Mark Tuan, speak up!" Mark only felt as if thousands of knives pierced through his already broken heart.

Jinyoung was raising his voice at him again.

"I-I..."

"You what?! Don't you know what these can do to you? Did you forget how you got immuned to these a few years back and you nearly got an overdosage?! Don't you remember? Do you want to lie on the hospital bed again? You're a cardiologist for god's sake! Why're you taking these?! What are you worried about?! Do you-"

"Shut up, Jinyoung! Stop it! You don't know why I'm worried, you don't get why I'm having insomnia! All you do is listen to whatever Jaebum says, but not trust your own husband! Why are you so blind? Since University I was the one warning you about Jaebum, and my warning was right! Why can't you trust me on this?! Can't you see Jaebum is already trying to break us apart and-"

"For the last time I'm saying this, he isn't trying to break us up so stop overreacting!" Jinyoung clenched his free hand into a tight fist, his breathing becoming unstable.

He was pissed.

Mark felt his heart drop. His husband wouldn't even trust him in the simplest ways. How could Mark tell Jinyoung about the pills? Jinyoung would've reacted like this, that's why Mark never said anything.

"I'm the only one trying to save this goddamn marriage and now I'm overreacting?! Why can't you trust me on this?! All I need is you to trust what I say, is it-"

"How do you expect me to trust you when you've been consuming such things without me knowing?! Why do you even take such things?!" Jinyoung slammed the white bottle onto the table, shooting daggers at Mark.

Mark felt his eyes get wet as his vision started to be blurred by tears. He clenched his fists, biting his lips before he let out a shaky breath.

"Because of you. Because you wouldn't listen. Because you won't let me be reassured that you won't let Jaebum get in the way. And because I knew... that this right now, would happen." Mark's voice was soft, shaky, and cracked. He tried his best to hold his tears back but he failed. It was useless holding them in.

Jinyoung felt guilt build up in him, but more than anything, he still felt more anger.

"So now you're saying it's my fault that you're taking these... these horrible pills!? I never told you to take them, you chose to. And neither did I tell you to worry so much! You are the one who refused to reassure yourself! Jaebum never tried doing anything. You overreact too much and you keep letting your thoughts dig into you! How is that my fault?! Tell me!"

"Then Park Jinyoung, tell me why this is happening now! If it wasn't because of Jaebum's comeback, would I take those pills? No! If it wasn't for his smirks, his actions, do you think I'll think about it?! I saw things you couldn't see... If it wasn't for Jaebum, if it wasn't for you refusing to listen to me, do you think I'll drown myself in my own worries and thoughts? Why are you so naive? Up till today! Why, Jinyoung ah, why?"

"Why is this happening? Why? Because of you! You're taking those pills, you're risking your goddamn life again! You're risking lives of patients even! How many mistakes have you made in the operation room over a span of 2 months already? Uncountable! Do you think you're so lucky all the time that Yugyeom or Bam Bam would notice your mistakes quickly? Luck will run out, Mark. You-"

"So you only care about risking my patients' lives? You don't even care about how I feel, about my words of warnings and yet... you choose to worry for my patients, and listen to Jaebum? You choose to let Jaebum ruin our marriage and-" Mark's soft and hurt voice was only cut off by Jinyoung's cold, stern voice.

"The only one trying to ruin something here is you. You're trying to ruin my friendship with Jaebum."

Mark's eyes widened before he crossed his eyebrows, not being able to believe what he just heard.

He was accused.

All he was trying to do all this while was to save their marriage from being broken by Jaebum, but turns out Jinyoung sees it the other way around.

Mark clenched his fists before he gave Jinyoung a piercing slap.

Mark then took a few heavy steps back before he ran up the stairs, wiping away his tears as he headed to their shared room.

Jinyoung sighed heavily as he held in his own tears that threatened to fall.

He knew he made a mistake.

Mark suddenly came out of the shared room with his pillow and bolster, running up to the fourth level's guest room with Coco following him behind.

Jinyoung felt his heart break when he realised what kind of damage he caused Mark.

Mark ran back down and took the bottle of pills from the coffee table, that was when Jinyoung stopped him.

"Don't eat them again. Hand it over." Jinyoung only received a glare from Mark, one which spoke a thoudand words of hurt.

"Don't eat them. Give it to me now." Jinyoung's tone became stern before he tried to snatch the bottle back, but Mark managed to dodge quick enough. Mark let out a cold mocking chuckle before he coldly mentioned,

"It's not like you ever listened to me. Taste your own medicine."

Mark then ran up to the fourth level, slamming the guest room's door shut.

Jinyoung clenched his jaw before he felt his own tears slide down his cheeks. He bit his bottom lips tightly, stiffling the sobs that threatened to escape his lips.

He made a mistake. A huge one.

Mark sat on the prince sized bed, staring into blank space as he let his tears fall. It was the first time Jinyoung accused him for something, and it was the first time Mark ever slapped Jinyoung.

Mark's thoughts were running wild. He wasn't thinking straight. Things were working out the way Jaebum wanted, and that was what Mark feared from the start.

Mark looked down, closing his eyes as he clutched onto his pants tightly, unable to stop the overwhelming pain in his heart. All he could think of was the accusation that Jinyoung made. It kept replaying in his mind.

'The only one trying to ruin something here is you.'

'You're trying to ruin my friendship with Jaebum.'

He couldn't believe that Jinyoung would see him as such a person, a person who would try to wreck friendships, but not see Jaebum that way at all.

Mark got distracted when Coco his arm, probably trying to cheer him up. Mark got tired after crying too much and he decided to sleep. He pulled the blanket over till his neck, and Coco snuggled beside him in a comfortable position.

He thought feeling tired meant he would fall asleep, but he was so wrong. He sat up and took two pills, hoping for them to take effect in the basic 15 minutes span. He rolled around the bed, waiting and waiting to only realise that it wasn't working.

He popped in another pill, and another pill. He took in 4 pills in one night, which made him finally sleep— but he was supposed to only take 2 pills.

—————

Mark woke up at 7.30am in the morning when Coco his face and barked. He woke up later than usual.

He panicked when he saw the clock. He has a major surgery in the afternoon and he has to prepare early. He quickly stood up, only to feel extremely drowsy. He sat back on his back, rubbing his temples until he felt better. 
He sighed as he stood back up, trying to hold up his balance properly. He quickly brushed his teeth, changed and walked down to the living room only to see Jinyoung already eating breakfast.

Mark looked away and walked right past Jinyoung, walking to their shoe cabinet to wear his shoes.

"I'll send you to work." He heard Jinyoung tell him warmly, as if nothing happened last night. Mark was still hurt. Too hurt to even put up a front to look like he was fine. So hurt that he didn't want to spare any second pretending to be nice.

"There's a thing in this world called a cab." Mark bluntly and coldly replied before he slid his feet into his shoes, then walking right out of the house without listening to what Jinyoung had to say next.

Jinyoung screwed up real bad.
—————

"Good morning, Mark hyung." Yugyeom and Bam Bam greeted him when Mark stepped into the meeting room to discuss about the major surgery.

"Morning." Mark displayed a small, obviously fake smile which didn't go unnoticed to Yugyeom. Usually, Jinyoung would send Mark to the meeting room before leaving, but that day was exceptional.

"Mark hyung, where's Jinyoung hyung?" Bam Bam asked, only to be nudged by Yugyeom.

Mark only gave Bam Bam a tired, cold, emotionless look and chose not to answer.

"Where's Yubin and Jackson?" Mark asked when he looked at the clock which displayed 9a.m.

"They're currently preparing the tools required for the surgery later. I think Jackson is getting the bags of blood from the head quaters."

"Okay."

The meeting started when the team arrived at the meeting room, but while Yugyeom spoke, Mark started to become distracted by nothing at all. His mind wandered elsewhere, his eyes kept going in and out of focus. Words were naturally blocked out somehow.

Yugyeom passed the next segment to Mark, but Mark totally lost his train of thoughts and he couldn't seem to comprehend what he was saying.

That was when Yugyeom knew that something definitely went wrong. Mark excused himself and he stumbled as he walked towards the door.

Yugyeom crossed his eyebrows, as he quickly pulled Bam Bam and Jackson along with him to follow Mark out.

Mark started to lose his balance and he walked very unstably. His head started spinning, his vision started to blur before it became pitch black.

Yugyeom saw how Mark was about to fall, and he quickly caught Mark, only to realise Mark fainted.

"Hyung!"

"Mark hyung!"

"Mark!"

"Hyung, wake up!" Yugyeom slightly shook Mark who was in his hands, but to no avail.

Jackson quickly called the rest of the team out and they sent him to a private ward while Bam Bam called Jinyoung.

"Hello? Jinyoung hyung? Mark fainted. We're sending him to private ward A-23."

"What? Mark fainted?"

"Yes. Hurry." Bam Bam hung up, quickly helping the team out.
 

—————

Jinyoung was casually flipping through his appointment list for the day, until Jaebum came into his office to give him a cup of Iced Americano.

"Thanks." Jinyoung smiled mildly.

"So, you-"

Jinyoung's phone started ringing, and Jaebum urged him to pick it up quickly.
Jinyoung lightly tapped on the green button on his screen, putting his phone next to his years.

"Bam Bam?"

"Hello? Jinyoung hyung? Mark fainted. We're sending him to private ward A-23."

Jinyoung crossed his eyebrows, worry rising and building up.

"What? Mark fainted?"

Jaebum's head snapped to look at Jinyoung, raising an eyebrow before he turned to look out of Jinyoung's office and started thinking. 
Jaebum smirked to himself when he thought of something. He kept quiet and waited for Jinyoung to end the call.

"Mark fainted?" Jaebum asked 'worriedly' once Jinyoung put down the phone.

"Yes. I'm going to look for him now."

Jinyoung stood up, about to leave the office, but Jaebum looked at the clock before he stopped Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung ah, you have an appointment in 5 minutes. I'll go and tell them you have an appointment."

Jinyoung sighed in frustration when he realised what Jaebum said was true. He sat back down and hit the table with his fist.

Jaebum turned and smirked before leaving the office. He ran towards the said ward, only to see Yugyeom talking to Bam Bam and Jackson with Mark lying unconscious.

"Hey, Jinyoung hyung has an appointment in  a few minutes, so he can't make it."

Yugyeom clenched his fists and shouted out of worry,

"Is a patient more important than his husband?!"

"Yugyeom ah, calm down. Jinyoung has to be professional anyway. He can't just leave a patient waiting, you know?" Jackson patted Yugyeom's back, while Bam Bam stood there and judged Jaebum. He didn't have a good feeling about this Jaebum guy.

"Hyung, what are we going to do now? The surgery is starting in 30 minutes. Do we pass it to Jinyoung hyung's team or Dr.Yenny's?" Bam Bam asked Jackson, who only disagreed with both choices.

"What about Dr.Jae's?"

"Dr. Jae is currently in the operation room operating on someone else. Pass it to Jinyoung. We'll handle it." Jaebum voiced out, only to be rejected.

"Jinyoung hyung has an appointment now and you won't know when he'll be done." Yugyeom retaliated, but Jaebum reasoned out.

"It is a major surgery. It was called for the best team in this hospital, but Mark is now unconscious, so it should only call for the second best. Jinyoung's appointment won't take long. I will inform him."

The three boys only sighed in defeat before Yugyeom received a text. It was from the head quaters. The head quaters called for the team to brief Jinyoung's team later, and they called the team to settle some paper work before handing the surgery over to Jinyoung's team.

"We have to get going. Jaebum sshi, the HQ will inform Jinyoung hyung."

Jaebum smiled mildly, and he looked at the three boys walk away. He turned to pretend to walk off as well just in case they would turn their heads. Jaebum looked back to see that they already entered the lift, and so he walked back to Mark's ward.

Jaebum looked around the ward for Mark's bag, and he found it in the cupboard. It was only normal for them to bring his stuff down from his office.

Jaebum opened Mark's bag, he started to carefully search for Mark's sleeping pills.

Found it.

Jaebum smirked to himself when he received a phone call from Jinyoung, informing him that his appointment ended and that he'll head to the meeting room for the briefing first.

Once they hung up, Jaebum quietly put Mark's bag back into the cupboard, taking the pills with him, he left for Jinyoung's office.

He opened the office doors casually, knowing that Jinyoung wouldn't be in. He took Jinyoung's bag and he stuffed Mark's pills inside.

That should be enough to cause a stir between them.

Jaebum smiled to himself in content before he ran down to the meeting room, pretending as if nothing has happened.
 

——— A/N ———

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELY PEEPZ <3

I hope I didn't bash any of your hearts today 
XD SO THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY ITS GONNA STAB UR HEARTS HAHAHH (I hope it really did cuz if it didn't then I failed very very badly).

This story might end soon!! Probably in.. 2 or 3 more chapters? Yes yes its short, but im sorry :(( cuz the plot doesnt drag on for too long. I dont have all the drags in plan y'know. But if you guys are still interested in my stories, I MIGHT be posting a new story when this story ends. It is most likely called 'Gangster In Distress'. It's also Markjin XD  I'll tell you guys more about it in a chapter when I have the plot done up and if I confirm it! ^^

Sorry this story has to be so short, but it might have an alternate ending! Cuz i think most of you dont want a sad ending, so I'll try making alternate endings for u guys ;)

Thank you for all your support so far, beautiful people! I really appreciate your comments <3 It really keeps me going.

Remember to follow me on insta and twitter if you wanna know more about me!

Insta: @jung.cl
Insta spam: @_its.cl_
Twitter: @starlight_CL

remember to mention who u are so I'll know ^^ love y'allz