It Takes Two to Tango

Temporarily Yes

I keep my head down not knowing when the timing would be best to look up when I suddently feel a tap on my shoulder. OMG. Is it him? Did he see me? I keep myself busy, pretending to be lost in search for...something. 

"Jugiyo(Excuse me)~" A soft sweet voice whispers by my ear and I freeze. Can that deep Dr. Love voice get like this? 

"I just want to sit until they call my name. Can you look up? I'll help you search if you need"

"Ah...Mianhae" I look up and those cat eyes greet me. I guess wrinkles aren't all bad. I stand up, so he can get in and he immediately sits with his head bent looking with me.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" he whispers casually into my ears again. Why is he so friendly? ><

"Uh...I lost my pen."

"Must be a very important pen if you're so distraught about it-- Hm...Maybe it rolled off?" he says as he scans the floor. 

"Umm... Actually not really. I---uh I didn't want to lose it since I just got it today."

"Ah~ Well, lucky you! I have an extra so here! Take mine~"

"Ani--Aniyo! I don't even know you. I don't want to just take your pen..."

"It's okay. Really." I look at his eyes and they smile. Smile as sweet as they greeted Junhong. So, I bow my head and take the pen he amiably offers even though I have 3 in my bag...T_T

"Are Seoul people always like this?"

"Seoul people?"

"Oh..." he chuckles lightly ears turning red. "You got me! What gave it away?"

"Well besides that statement, your accent came up earlier"

"Ahh yeah. I'm still working on it-"

"It's okay~ Like Dr. Khun says we're all equals here. So, no Seoul natives superiority or whatever."

"Yeah, I guess your right. I'm Jung Daehyun by the way."

"Yoon Soo Hae" we shake hands. His hand warm and big, but nothing compared to Junhong's.

"Today must be a good day. I meet two new friends! And you guys seem close--" Jung Daehyun points at Junhong hunch over the table signing papers and then at me. I nod and he gives me a thumbs up. 

"That's cute. Especially with the way you walked up to his rescuse despite your...oh, you know--" 

"My what?" I look at him with furrowed brows.

"Your chibiness! it was really cute~" he smiles and I think of my sister's cat, Cat(yes, he seriously named her Cat) when I see his eyes. Cute? ...Why?

"Jung Daehyun!"

"Here!" Daehyun yells out not hiding his satoori as he politely turns to me and waves goodbye before I can question him.

"Pediatrics. please make your way to Nurse Jia" Daehyun glides over there and I don't miss the nod he gives to Junhong as he passes by him. What a friendly guy/cat.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Okay, guys. This ends the tour. We will now split up into our wards and assign your schedules-"

"Noona, why do you keep dodging around?" Junhong swears he's whispering to me, but he forgets he's 6'2 and everyone can hear him. I lay my head low and fake grin my way out of the crowd. I drag Junhong with me since this is the only way to end this embarrassing moment caused by none other than my own best friend... -.-' We stay a few feet from the masses of eager volunteers and I scan the vicinity for shirtless man. Where'd he---

"Hey, excuse me...Do you guys know what's going on?" deep vibratto fills the space around us and it feels like it's been stored in the bottom of the sea only to be unleashed once in a blue moon.

"Oh, the tour is basically done and we're just going off to our wards to get our schedules" Junhong replies and makes nice with half man. Our telepathy needs some work. 

I look up out of my trance and move back at the proximity between me and half man. Just the one I wanted to avoid. I take a few more steps back not exactly comfortable being right under him. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you." He apologizes and smiles lightly gums peeking out. I nod with my fake grin out and look to the ahead like I'm listening to the nurses. But in all honesty, all I can hear are my heart beats turning into a loud timer counting down the seconds until he leaves. He nods awkwardly after a while and says his thank yous before approaching the masses. I sigh in relief when he fails to notice me and Junhong side eyes me again.

"I honestly forgot why we're here in the first place and I'm sure it has plenty to do with why you're acting so weird, but damn that guy's voice is so deep! Maybe he doesn't talk much?" I strain my neck to look at Junhong.

"What?"

"I don't know. It's just when I don't talk much my voice gets raspy and airy and it makes it harder to start speaking again..." He explains and I look at him some more.

"Is it just me?"

Silence. 

"Fine. Maybe it's just me." He resigns and begins walking away from me and approaching the crowd. I laugh to myself and catch up with him.

"You might be right Junhong!" His face scrunches up and his eyes just glare at me.

"Is this pay back for laughing at you earlier?"

"No. This is just for fun!" I tease and he taps my head and pinches my cheeks. -_-' 

"Veterinarians come this way!" Nurse Min yells out.

"C'mon Slytherin!"

"Shuddup Hufflepuff!"

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Omg Junhong I can't believe this! Ugh!!" 

"Why didn't you listen to me?" he whines next to me feeling betrayed.

"I was listening! It was just that minx is always trying to keep me away from you! Like girl bye. You're not winning anyone over with your super coquettish and needy attitude! And now we won't be shift buddies! Junhong don't leave me! Especially with that dragon!" I cling onto his arm and lean on it for dear life. T_T Why can't she find someone else to thirst for?

"At least it's only for one shift..." he tries and I sigh louder.

"I'm gonna need a drink every time!"

"Good idea! Let's go!" I tug on his arm and he raises my chin up, so I can see him. 

"You said you needed to drink every time right? So, why not start now?" He winks at me and I shake my head.

"Pabo! But sure why the hell not" We cross the street as the traffic light turns red and walk to the bustling streets of Itaewon. Bright neon signs and banners everywhere tugging at our curiosity and the boisterous laughter locking us in from every bar and club around. 

"Where should we go?" I ask a little skeptical about all the young wild and free drunkards around. 

"Definitely not there!" Junhong points to the girls in short skirts spilling their drinks on the floor, laughing off beat with each other plus the robotic dancing.

"Oh my god..." We continue to walk down the street and avoid all the crazies turning up too hard.

"Just somewhere not too--"

"Girl I'm in love with you~ But this ain't no honeymoon past the infatuation phase~" Well shieeeeeeeeeet.

"Right in the thick of love at times we get sick of love it seems like we argue everyday~" Junhong and I look at each other with mouths wide open nodding dumbly as a consensus that we have found our place. Junhong drags me to the jazzy voice awakening every nerve in my body. The sound gets louder as we speed walk to a large window underneath a grey staircase leading to a wooden restaurant. I can feel the goosebumps fill my body as we stand frozen infront of the window. These voices are magical. Are they even real? 

"And though love sometimes hurts I still put you first and we'll make this thing work but I think we should take it slow~~~"

"Woahhhh!" Junhong yells next to me jumping a little. We smile at each other and I read the sign above the wooden window "No Egg." That's weird. Junhong signals for me to follow him inside and a cute bubbly girl with blonde hair and a peachy aura greets us.

"Hello I'm Yoon Bora and welcome to No Egg~" Okay that's really the name. "How many people?"

"Huh? sorry. Um just us two" Junhong apologizes still stunned by the angelic vocals. The girl laughs and brings us inside. 

"It's okay. I work here and I still get chills myself. I'll get you guys a closer seat. Follow me~" We follow her through another small set of stairs and down the wooden floor. The place is filled with candle lights and flowers in every table along with a dancefloor to the left of the stage. She leads us to a small table near the stage, so we can actually see the faces of the singers behind the starry night backdrop. 

"I'll take it slow oh oh ohhh This time we'll take it slow~~" the harmony of the two voices melt so well together like chocolate and marshmallows above the camp fire. I close my eyes not wanting for it to end as hands smoothly glide across the piano keys. 

"Noona, Isn't that the guy from earlier?" I look up alarmed, firstly because I wasn't done appreciating the music and second, because the audiences' response is pretty wild. I open my eyes and they travel to the handsome piano player in front of us. His eyes are stern, hair dark and coiffed and skin glowing. Then, to the tall black haired man in the middle of the stage with his cheeks a little pink, eyes lost in the audience and lips rosy. And finally I look at the familiar cat like smile bowing at the audience friendly as ever. 

"Thank you very much! We are honored that you guys enjoyed our performance and hope you stay for our next song, All I do by Stevie Wonder. Once again, we are Seoulist and please feel free to dance with us~" The handsome piano man says as his voice is drowned out by rhythmic guitar riffs and a bright pink haired man shines with his defined jaw and Groovy vocals. 

"I didn't know he was a singer!"

"I'm just as shocked as you!" A waiter comes by to take our orders and gives us free shots.

"Is it really on the house?" Junhong asks the question brewing between the two of us.

"Yes sir, Enjoy!" I look back at the stage and see Daehyun flash us a small wink before belting out the song.

"I guess he noticed us, too."

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

The singing just gets better especially with pink haired man around and the surprise rapping of Mr. Piano man. His voice is deeper than I imagined and made the back drop and candlelight even more romantic. I can hear some girls squealing, but what really hit the spot was the 3 way harmony between cat eyes--Daehyun, rosy lips, and pink haired man. It is soulful and so groovy that we totally forgot about our mandoo and fries. 

"Thank you very very much for being such a good audience! We never imagined such a great turn out~" Rosy lips serenades the crowd.

"We will be back again next monday night with another set list, so please come by again~" Daehyun invites the audience and they nod eagerly along with him.

"Keep dancing and have a good night~" Pink haired man chimes in and they all bow their heads as the curtains fall and Zion T's Eat plays on the radio.

"And you keep saying today is a bad day!" Junhong teases showing off his endearing optimism. 

"Okay okay. I admit I don't even care about dragon lady anymore! She's so 2014." I remark as we make a toast and drink our third shots of watermelon soju. Junhong hates alcohol. It's too bitter for him and he's a sweets maniac, so we always have to get fruity drinks. 

The original fervor finally turns down a notch and people get back to their food and enjoy the refreshing atmosphere of this place. Many of the younger girls with hearts in their eyes have left and the place is just surrounded by friends, co-workers, and lovers lost in each other's smiles.

"Hey guys, mind if we join you?" Junhong stands up and bows and I follow suit, while cat eyes shakes his head and laughs with his eye whiskers appearing. 

"Yes of course!" I say as he and his groupmates grabs neighboring chairs and we make a circle around the table. 

"What'd you guys think?" Daehyun asks as we all settle in.

"I think we're still reeling in from the shock" I reply reminiscing the goosebumps.

"Yeah you guys even abandoned your mandoo..." Piano man remarks and Rosy lips elbows him.

"What? They're made well here---" Piano man mumbles and Junhong and I laugh. How cute. Piano man's cheeks turn pinkish and he ignores our gazes, embarrased.

"No, go ahead! We love mandoo, we just couldn't focus on the food" Junhong admits. 

"Really? Okay. You said it!" Piano man takes the chopsticks from the small metal bucket and helps himself. He feeds some to pink haired man and Daehyun and hesistantly feeds Rosy Lips. 

"Thank you~ We didn't have time to eat earlier!" Rosy lips bows and smiles at us. 

"Yes as Mr. Yoo said thank you very much~" Piano man says wiping his lips with his napkin.

"Well you didn't say anything, so I had to say something" Rosy lips butts in and Piano man turns his attention to him.

"Ex-cuse me. I was going to declare my gratitude after I ate because that would be rude and disgusting to chew and talk at the same time" he says accompanied by an eye roll and setting his napkin back down his lap. Sasssssssssss.

"Saying it beforehand has its merits and----"

"Oookay. Since that's happening. Hi I'm Moon Jongup" Pink haired man extends his right hand and both Junhong and I take turns to take it with confused and hesistant smiles.

"I'm glad you liked our performance" Daehyun chimes in probably trying to take our attention away from the other two bickering infront of us.

"Don't mind them. They're always fighting like two old ladies..." Jongup says loud enough for the two of them to hear and they both turn their attention on him.

"Yah! Don't be rude to your hyungs!" Rosy lips warns and Piano man crosses his arms.

"Guys~ These are my first friends in the University! Can we not scare them away?" Daehyun pleads and the divas mumble under their breath at Jongup before smiling at us.

"Sorry you had to see that, we're not always like this." Rosy lips bows.

"Oh, don't lie. It's rude. And hello my name is Kim Himchan" Piano man says as he sticks his right hand up as a way to wave hello. "And that one is Yoo Youngjae" he moves his head to the right to point at Rosy Lips. 

"Hi I'm Soo Hae. Yoon Soo Hae" I nod lightly to them and nudge Junhong.

"Umm.. Hello nice to meet you guys" Junhong says still trying to catch up to the conversation and forgetting to mention his name.

"Oooooh~ You're cute! What's your name cutie?" Himchan says and flips his bangs out of his eyes. Junhong is just a South Korean-wide attraction.

"Huh? oh, I'm sorry. I'm Choi Junhong" Junhong blushes in embarrassment and I just watch it all go down not really knowing what to do.

"Well hello~ Junhongie! How does Daehyunnie have the pleasure of knowing you guys?"

"Hyung stop flirting..." Youngjae calls out.

"Yeah don't you have a boyfriend, hyung?" Daehyun adds and the atmosphere gets a little tense.

Awkward...

"Ex-cuse you Youngjae Pabo and Jung Daebutt, I am just being polite and engaging your friends in a conversation! And Besides Junhong also seems to be taken by this lovely lady, Soo Hae, so who is really the rude one here butting in on their date by inviting yourself and dragging your friends to ruin the romantic aroma between them? Hmmm?" Himchan places his elbow on the table, rest his head on the palm of his hand and awaits Daehyun's reply.

"Oh no! We're not dating" I in and everyone glares at me like they're the why the you lying guy. I'm sure some of them are humming the song in their heads.

"You're not?" Daehyun asks still not convinced.

"No way!" Junhong speaks up 

"We're just friends--" I add after elbowing Junhong at his very quick response.

"But you were so willing to save Junhong earlier. It was like straight out of a romcom!" Daehyun insist still slightly suspicious.

"Well I know he'd do the same for me..." I try to elaborate the functionality of our friendship, but they still seem unconvinced...well mostly Daehyun.

"We've known each other since forever... I guess it just comes naturally for us" Junhong cuts in and everyone shrugs it off.

"Well honey, if I were in your position, I would've climbed that tree a long time ago! But we can't help what musn't be~" Himchan confesses with a wink most likely for Junhong.

Silence...

"I'm sorry. My friends are very...um. proud. I understand if you guys are uncomfortable and wouldn't want to associate yourself with me..." Daehyun adds signaling his friends to get up and leave with a defiant Himchan feigning ignorance.

"What? No. It's okay. We're just not used to this---"

"Oh Honey it's 2015 for Humanity's sake. Gay marriage is even legalized in 20 countries" Himchan says a matter of factly reminding me of a certain righteous know-it-all minus the wand and bushy hair, whom I adored in books and movies.

"Oh, no. we don't have a problem with people and the uality they choose!" Junhong explains on my behalf.

"We meant being around such a lively crowd..." I add to get rid of the misunderstanding.

"Aren't all group of friends something like this?" Jongup admits and although he was joking earlier you can sense the deep bond between these strange group of friends.

"I would hope so! But it always has been me and Junhong, so you can say we don't really go out much or meet a lot of people---"

"Well if you don't take into account noona's family..." Junhong interjects.

"OhMyGod. It is like being at home!"

"Oh perfect! So we'll be good friends then?" Daehyun asks with a smile and they all look at us awaiting our reply. I can't help, but smile along with them. No one really makes an effort to be our friend. Well, we probably intimidated everyone that wanted to try because of how close we are, but they don't seem to care about that...How nice.

Himchan smiles for the first time without his usual attitude, while Youngjae nods and Jongup makes faces telling us to leave while we still can. 

BOYS GET MONEY~ BOYS GET MONEY~ BOYS GET MONEY~ MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY~ 

"Hello?... Hyung~~~~ Ne. We just finished babe... You're gonna pick me up?!... Wait. So you're not gonna pick me up? I'm confused... Oh...So no movie night?... Okay...I know I know... Just call me later. Alright. I love you. Bye..." Himchan says obviously sulking with his eyes falling to the floor and lips curving into a huge frown. 

"What happened?" Daehyun asks for all of us and Himchan looks up at him then looks at the table and sighs.

"Oh. Just the usual. He feels like babying his grown brother who arguably acts more mature than him, so I don't know who he's trying to fool... Probably just another ploy to not make his brother suspicious of us, but it's honestly tiring sometimes. Like I understand that you're scared to tell your family you like men. I get it. I was there years ago and that ain't pretty, but continuously denying who you are and hiding like you're some kind of criminal is just too much! Is it so wrong to play on the other team?" Himchan rants so fast I swear he's not breathing in between. They pat his back and share this knowing look that makes me feel like this isn't the first time he's been going through something like this.

"And it doesn't help that it's our first year anniversary, which I slowly planned since our six month but it gets cancelled! Again!...Ugh! I need some air!" Himchan says getting up and smiling at us despite the pain in his eyes before he goes out of the restaurant. Daehyun makes a move to follow him, but Youngjae stops him midway and follows Himchan out. The sound of the door closing echoes and our eyes follow them by the window until they disappear into the streets. Junhong looks at me concerned and I lean on his shoulder again not really knowing what to do.

"Will he be alright?" I ask and Daehyun and Jongup look at each other for a long time before looking back at me.

"Not everyone is comfortable with who they are, but Himchan hyung is very patient and he's in love so what can you do...you know?" Jongup says shrugging his shoulders. I sigh with him and let my eyes wander around until they land on Daehyun who's staring off. At first, I think he's looking at me, but as I look at him longer it's obvious he's staring at Junhong next to me. Junhong, who's staring at the table does not notice at all. Probably used to being stared at... But why is Daehyun---

"Dae--Yah Jung Daehyun!"  Youngjae calls out slightly panicked and jumpy.

"Hm? What's up? What's going on?" Daehyun gets up startled and looks at me before focusing his eyes on Youngjae who looks really antsy.

"Himchan hyung is gone!" Youngjae says as he picks up his phone and makes a call probably to Himchan.

"What do you mean he's gone?" Daehyun asks standing next to Youngjae and Jongup following him.

"I mean he said he was going to the next street to pick up a call privately, but never came back and I walked to all the next streets around, but I never found him type of gone. What are we gonna do?!" Youngjae presses furiously at the keypads of his phone clearly frustrated by the whole situation and his inability to stop Himchan from running off.

"Ohmygod. Okay. No need to panic." Daehyun says most likely trying to keep himself calm as he thinks of what to do.

"Jongup, call Yongnam-hyung and tell him what happened. Maybe he knows where Himchan would run off too. And we'll all split up to find him okay?" Daehyun says as both Youngjae and Jongup make calls.

"Can we help too?" Junhong asks as we stand behind them feeling awkward and helpless.

"If that's okay?" I interject not really sure if we're close enough to go searching with them, but too worried to just stand idly by.

"If you guys don't mind. That would be great." Youngjae answers as Daehyun looks at me and blushes a little bit, before shaking his head and focusing on the big picture.

"Hello? Yongnam hyung? Yeah hey. Don't panic, but Himchan-hyung sort of ran away and he won't answer our calls... Yes. I'm sure... No, he's not right next to me threatening you like that time...Yes...About 30 minutes ago. Okay. Yeah, we're still by the restaurant. Okay. Bye hyung." Jongup hangs up the phone.

"He says he's on his way with his brother. He told me we should search around the restaurants first before we go to places he usually goes to when he's not feeling okay." Jongup reports and Daehyun nods.

"Okay. I think we should split up into three. We don't have their phone numbers and it'll just waste time exchanging so they'll just have to tag along with one of us. Daehyun you go east, I'll go north and Jongup will go South." Youngjae instructs as he texts Yongnam most likely Himchan's boyfriend to go west.

"Sorry to break you guys up--"

"No it's okay. This is an emergency" I protest happy to help.

"Yeah we're just glad to help!" Junhong adds eager to be useful.

"Alright. I'm okay looking by myself so you guys can choose between Jongup and Daehyun." Youngjae says as he walks out the door and we follow him out.

"I'll go with Jongup" I say following my gut feeling and Jongup nods before he leads me south of the restaurant. Loud club music accompanies our search and I wave Junhong goodbye before focusing on my search. Please be safe Himchan! Wherever you are...

 

 

----------------------------------------------

There goes the second chapter! I hope you guys enjoy the little BAP moments brought into the story and stay tuned for the next chapter^^ As always thank you for reading!