What the Hell

Temporarily Yes

"Junhongie, Are you almost done? We're going to be late!" I call out as I press on the speaker after ringing the doorbell to his apartment. Why is he taking so damn long? Five minutes pass and I ring the doorbell again. Once, Twice, Three times and still nothing. Another 10 minutes pass and I'm still outside waiting with my arms cross and patience running thin. I press on the speaker again and ring his doorbell. 

"YAHHH!! Today's our first day of the Veterinarian Clinicals! No one cares if your hair is gelled right or what shirt matches your skateboard! We're gonna wear lab coats anyway! Come out already!!!" I yell and the door unlocks. I brace myself to give this guy a piece of my mind when I spot dark messy hair instead of the usual well gelled silver hair. Did he dye his hair again?

"Please stop ringing the bell. I have a hangover" A guy as pale as my white t-shirt slurs, eyes half open, shirt nowhere in sight, and pajama pants loose on his hips. I stare at the unfamiliar man and panic. That is not Junhong! I close my eyes and slam the door shut. I run away unable to face unfamiliar man and head to the staircase. I take out my phone and hurriedly call Junhong. Who is that guy?! And why the hell is he in Junhong's apartment?

RING~

RING~

RING~

"Yoboseyo(Hello)~"

"Junhong?"

"Ne Noona, Uh-di-ya(Where are you)? You said you'd be here 15 minutes ago?"

"Omg Junhong! Did you move or something?"

"Neee. Remember I told you they're moving me two doors down because of noise complaints?"

"Wait pause. What?! Since when??"

"Excuse me! Ahgassi(young lady)??...Where did that lady go?" The same slurred voice from before calls out from the hallway and I quickly run down to the floor below Junhong's. OMG. This cannot be happening right now >//<

"Noona? Noona? Are you okay? Who's that near you?"

"Huh? uh Yeah. Um. Just meet me by the train station okay? I'll see you! Bye!" I hang up the phone before he can even reply and run to the elevator. I guess I can't visit Junhong for awhile... Ugh! Why didn't he tell me?! T_T

After basically dashing it out of his apartment building and jogging to the train station, I sit on the bench by our stop and try to catch my breath. I still feel slightly jumpy from earlier. Geezus. Why is that guy shirtless and opening the door like he's not half-?! Did he not learn proper opening the door attire? Like where is his manners?!

"Noona!" Large hands push down on my shoulders and I jerk out of my seat ready to fight someone. I look up to see my victim and see a familiar giant in front of me. There's my silver-haird best friend. However, his playful eyes turns beady and he pouts at me.

"YAH! Don't do that!" I protest and lightly jab at his sides. 

"I'm sorry noona~ I just got excited to see you..." He says pout still evident and eyes on the floor. Although this giant puppy never really cares about what others say to him, he always hates it when I scold him. I poke his waist and he finally looks up.

"Alright. I'm sorry, too. Just a little jumpy..."

"Yeah about that. What happened earlier? Are you good?" Junhong says as he wraps his long arms around my back even though our height difference makes that rather difficult. You see here, Junhongie's 6'2 feet tall like a full grown man-tree. His whole body is big. His legs are endless and shoulders broad and long. His jaw is already sharp and defined, and has hands as big as my face. Meanwhile, I'm barely 5 feet tall and look like I belong in middle school. But nevertheless, he is my childhood/bestfriend... And he is squishing me like a momma bear losing her cub, but its warm and I can feel my shakiness going away. So, I let his arms swallow me for the moment.

I breathe in and out slowly until I stop feeling so anxious and jumpy. He keeps hugging me and his warmth continues to soothe the tension in my body. He is my big fluffy bear. Stable and comfy.

"I'm okay now. Thanks Junhong" I say looking up at his brown eyes and he nods.

"Okay Noona~" he says offering a sweet smile, while I sit down and smile back. Until I remember why this happened in the first place.

"Junhong-" pause for dramatic effect

"Yes Noona?"

"Why didn't you tell me you moved two doors down?" I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"I did tell you noona! Remember you even helped me clean out my room and pack some clothes?" he replies totally defensive.

"I thought that was all for the donations bin?"

"Well that's where the ones I didn't want went, but the rest was for moving in to my new apartment...Yah! You weren't listening were you?"

"I was...I mean I might've dozed off in the middle...but that's because you were overworking me!"

"I wasn't! And if you hadn't decided to go Packing Crazy on me then we would've organized the clothes better and not start over and over again..."

"Yah are you being salty right now after all the folding I did?"

"Well we wouldn't have had to if you just asked me which ones I wanted and didn't want in the first place... but whatever. That was that. Now tell me what does me moving have to do with why you were so late and weird on the phone?"

"What do you mean----"

"Wait-- Were you outside my old apartment room?"

"No..."I freeze and Junhong looks at me. His eyes big and intrusive and just not giving me any space. I look away and he sits next to me trying to meet my eyes. Great, he knows. 

"You were outside my old apartment room!"

"Hn..."

"So Hae noona---"

"Okay fine... I was. And I rang the doorbell. Spoke on the speaker. And screamed for you after 10 minutes of silence..."

"Oh no..."

"Yeah! I looked like an idiot screaming! And to make it worst, the new owner who is not you and does not have gelled silver hair or a shirt for that matter opens the damn door like its the most normal thing to do!!" I confess sinking into the wooden bench. I am no longer an embarrassing girl yelling at people's speaker phone and ringing their doorbell repeatedly so early in the morning. I am now a wooden bench. 

Silence. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" While I shrink into a pile of shamelessness, Junhong dies laughing next to me and holds onto the arm rest like this is the funniest thing ever. What a guy! After all the silent compliments I mentally gave him. Hmph!

"Okay Okay! It's not even that funny Junhong..." I murmur loudly enough for him to hear and he stops to look at me. I can see him picturing the whole thing in his head and of course I start replaying the whole mishap in my head. We exhange looks again and now we are both laughing at my life choices. Seriously. This only happens to me!

The train finally makes its way to the station and we get on it. Still snickering over our...my mornings' crazy events, so we can forget that we're running late for the first meeting in this very prestigious program that will directly affect our future. God help us.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Hey Channie are all the students here yet?" A man with light brown hair, thick bushy brows, and big puppy eyes carefully whispers into the ear of an equally muscular man arguably bigger with a long shaped head and foreign features, specifically Italian. The said foreigner maybe half Korean looks through the list in his hands and sees no check marks next to two names on the list.

"We're still missing them two" the half muscular man replies messing up his grammar. Definitely half Korean. The bushy browed angel-eyed man overlooks the mistake like it's a given thing that happens and sighs when he reads the names on the list. Choi Junhong and Yoon Soo Hae. 

"Let's wait 3 more minutes." he says lowly and the Italian-Korean nudges him totally unhappy with his favoritism. Bushy brows meet big brown eyes.

"What? I'm not picking favorites. Just giving them a second chance. First day jitters, you know?" Bushy brows tries to defend himself and turns away, but the Italian is an equal opportunist man. So, he taps on bushy brow's shoulder to get his attention. 

"Look Channie, I know this may seem like I'm doing this because Wooyoung likes them, but I will have you know that I would never dishonor Wooyoung like that... Plus he'd hate me and won't talk to me if I show any special treatment." Bushy brows confesses and the Italian Korean sighs. He points to the two names on the list and starts drawing check marks next to their names.

"Wait--- What are you doing? I didn't mean that much leeway!" Bushy brows grabs the list from the man's hands and starts to erase the check marks.

"Yah! What's the point of your big eyes if you won't even look up?" Channie says in a frustrated hush tone. He takes Bushy Browed man's head and turns it into the direction of two huffing students at the end of the seats provided for this meeting.

 "They're here! Channie, why didn't you say so! Okay everyone! Listen up!" Bushy Brows commands all the young students not missing the eye roll the Italian Korean gives him and offers him a small apologetic smile. "Sorry..."

The two muscle men go infront of the young fledgings ready for medicinal battle. My grasshoppers. So young and pure. 

"Hello everyone! I am Doctor Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul..."

Silence.

"I know it's a mouthful to say...heck even my own fiancé had a hard time saying it, but you guys can call me Doctor Khun for short. I am the Medical Services Director for the Medicinal and Veterinary Program here in K University. And this is Doctor Hwang Chansung." Okay maybe not Italian. "He is the representative for the Veterinary Program for today. It is usually Doctor Jang, but he is on a research trip in the Philippines studying the tarsiers, so Dr. Hwang is filling in for him" Dr. Khun says fluidly and smiles at everyone.

"Annyeonghaseyo Dr. Khun and Dr. Hwang!" the students greet them completely missing the timing with each other and sounding like untuned instruments at band practice.

"Okay... We'll work on that, but today we have a busy day ahead of us sorting you all into your wards and familiarizing you to the rules and obligations as a member of this program. So, I will assume you have read the handbook given along with your confirmation emails and only reiterate important information. First of all, it is required that you wear your new Identification cards whenever you're here and uniforms plus labcoats. You must sign in every time you come in and out of the hospital or clinic and give a day before notice if you are not able to attend to your shift. Everyone here is required at least 8 hours of service per week and to maintain our respectful and amiable atmosphere. We are very leniet with missing days because as members of these programs we know how difficult things can get, especially during finals and midterm weeks. However, we will not tolerate any childish and ill-mannered behavior that will hurt our patients and harm our reputation. Is that clear?"

"Neeeee--"

"Moreover, some of you may be seniors and some may be freshmen, but when you are here you guys are all in the same experience level. So, with that said, I don't want any superiority and fights brewing in these walls. It is our job as doctors and veterinarians to serve others and the best way to start is with each other. Okay?"

"Neeeee--" the students say robotically, but some have an apparent discomfort in their eyes. However Dr. Khun smiles encouragingly to those who are skeptical by his statements.

"And lastly, if for any reason. You guys feel suffocated, lost, and unable to grasp your current situations do not hesitate to speak or email me or any of the staff members you feel comfortable with. These programs are tough and long. I know because I graduated here and felt that way myself. However, it lessens when you open up and talk to others." Dr. Khun offers a small smile to each individual. He smiles a little wider when he looks at me or maybe I'm just imagining it, but Junhong nudges me and smiles back. 

"Is all of that clear to you guys?"

"Neeee---"

"Okay. Let's get this show on the road. When I call your name, please stand up and we'll place you into your wards."

"Ahn Minah?" Dr. Hwang reads from the list and a tiny bubbly girl with bouncy curls jumps up. "Pediatrics, please go stand next to Nurse Jia and she'll hand you your uniform and labcoat. She'll also take your photo ID, which was mentioned in the confirmation email." he continues and Nurse Jia, a tall and friendly lady waves at Minah and she skips her way to her.

"Ahn Jae Kyung---"

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Noona there are four wards!" 

"Yeah Junhong it said it on the sign up forms..."

"Oh really? I just saw veterinarian and signed my name on it" he beams and I just shake my head. Bare minimum. That was our motto...in middle school, but Junhong never seemed to get over it.

"It's like were being sorted in Hogwarts!!" he pipes in super excited.

"Trueeeee. What house do you think Veterinary would fit into?"

"Hmmm.... well since you're here we're all probably going to be dragged into Slytherin..." I narrow my eyes at him. This cheeky giant. 

"Oh yeah! Well with you around we'd automatically be in Hufflepuff!"

"NoooooO! I'm so Gryffindor material!" he pouts at me and crosses his arms.

"Yeah..okay!" I remark mockingly.

"Choi Junhong? Choi Junhong?" Dr. Hwang calls out.

"Yes, I'm here!" Junhong stands and towers over everyone like the giant in Jack and the Beanstalk. Everyone looks up at him and someone rudely enough says woah out loud. Junhong tenses up, crouching his back and leans in removing a few inches off his back. A small awkward smile escapes his lips and I glare at that rude guy. 

"Veterinary. Please head over to Nurse Min!" Junhong heads over to the cute Nurse Min and tries to shorten his steps as much as possible. He hates it when people stare at him because he's tall. 

"Well I look like a middle schooler next to you! Wanna move down a bit so I can take your picture?" Nurse Min asks a genuine smile on her face. Junhong shrinks lower.

"Thanks, but now I feel even tinier..." she says dejected and Junhong looks at me. Help. I can see him sending telephatic messages my way and I stand up totally disregarding Dr. Khun's side eye. Oh, Junhong. I quietly move pass the seats and make my way to Junhong totally clueless of how helpful short me would be. 

"It's okay. I got it!" A smiling cat eyed boy with a forced Seoul accent and spikey brown hair offers. He stands up from his seat close to the Nurses and nods at Nurse Min. She pats his back and Junhong gives him a small smile as he moves his legs apart. 

Click!

"Thanks man!" Junhong says after the cat eyed samaritan shows Junhong his picture.

"Not man. Daehyun-" the samaritan replies and Junhong looks at him confused.

"My name is Jung Daehyun--"

"Ohhh, I'm Choi Junhong!" Junhong lightly bows and Jung Daehyun does too.

"Yeah I know. They called your name" Daehyun laughs and the wrinkles next to his eyes pop out making him look like a cat. A cute friendly cat. Junhong smiles back and I sit back down to the nearest seat avaliable, trying not to look like an awkward being just standing next to these tall guys.

"Oh I'm sorry. I skipped a name. Bang Yongguk?" Dr. Hwang calls out and I mindlessly look up at the person next to be sorted. I narrow my eyes at the familiarity of his black hair and overall facial features, but can't seem to remember where I saw him before. 

"Geriatric. Please make your way to Nurse Fei and sorry about that!" Dr. Hwang apologizes and a tall and elegant lady waves her hand casually at the said man.

"It's okay" his deep voice echoes into the room less slurred-- Pause. Less slurred?... Oh god! Isn't that half man?! OH NO. Why is he here? Isn't he suppose to be hungover? Ohmygod he's coming this way! I sink into my seat looking at the floor like I dropped something. What the hell is going on?!

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Well that's it for the first chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it ^^ And yeah, there are a lot of 2pm and Miss A cameos and I can't say this is the last time they'll appear, but there will be more cameos as the story progresses, so yay to the Kpop Fandom! Anyways, thanks for reading and tell me what you think~