Poor Miyoung

The High Cost of Love

Miyoung: I sit in the corner of my closet. Trying to forget, trying to stop the pain that engulfed my body. I hear the knocking of my father telling me to allow him to come in but I ignore him. I cant take it no more. I get up from my corner, I open the window and I sneak out of the house. I look up at the dark sky and I whisper.

"Oh, Mother I wish you were here.'' I walk towards the nearby park just to relax myself and try to forget.

Cheondoong: I'm here in my room just thinking of the events that happened between Miyoung and me. I know someone is harming her but who can it be. I cant think in my room. I need to go to the park and think.

Miyoung: The park is quiet and beautiful at night. That reminds me of my mother when she would take me to the park every morning and just play with me for hours and hours. Now she is gone and all I could do is remember.

Cheondoong: I am in the park looking for a bench. I see one but it is occupied by someone, as I walk closer the person starts to take shape. I am surprised to see Miyoung.

"Miyoung?" She turns around surprised and that when I see what happened to her beautiful face and she quickly says

'Why are you here?''

"Miyoung! Who hit you!"

"No one!'

"Miyoung you better stop lying I know someone harmed you. I may seem like a jerk but I care about you." Tears start to run from her face and she slowly sits hunched over the bench and I sit next to her.

"You can tell me'' I take the liberty and I put my arms around her and she doesn't reject me. She allows my hug.

" Please tell me what happened" She sighs and takes in a big breath.

"My father and mother met in Japan. My father was born in Korea but when he was little they moved him to Japan. My mother was born in Korea but in a visit she made to Japan she met my father and they fell in love instantly. My mother and father could never be separated. So when my mother died it was a hard hit for him.My mother died five years ago in a car accident. I was in the car with her and I wasn't harmed, but my father can't forgive me for what happened. He loved my mother so much. So after the accident he slowly started to change. He no longer was the caring father, he slowly started to become aggressive. He started to drink  and  wallow in my mothers death. He would remember, and hit me and hit me. Leaving me in pain and afraid."

"Miyoung, you go through that all the time" I quickly hold her tight in my arms trying to protect her. This beautiful goddess being harmed by a horrible man. In those few moments I met the real Miyoung, where there are no fake images but real substance. A beautiful girl that holds a deep sorrow.

Miyoung looks up at me her beautiful face hidden by her bruises. Her face is inches away from mine, I have a feeling that she wants to kiss me and I think of the bet that I have with Joon and I know that if I kiss her at this moment. I could never talk to her again and this beautiful girl is slowly taking a hold of me. I want more of her. She slowly gets closer but I move my face to look up at the sky.

"Wow! It's a beautiful night" She looks disappointed but then she slowly smiles and looks up too.

"The dark sky reminds me of my mother" She slowly gets up from the bench and smiles at me

"I need to go" and in a moment she is gone and her body slowly disappears in the distance.

Miyoung: I cant believe I was about to kiss Cheondoong. I must be crazy. I slowly arrive home and sneak back into my room. I unroll my bed and I slowly fall asleep.

Next Day: Miyoung: I arrive at school I see Sunhee talking to Seungho and I smile. I quickly get out my mirror to see if my makeup hid my bruises well enough. Then I walk to Sunhee and Sungho. They both look up and smile.

"Guess what Miyoung!"

"What"

"Seungho is my boyfriend" I look at her and Seungho. I smile and give her a big hug. Seungho cheeks turn red and he looks down at the floor. Then I hear Cheondoong voice behind us calling Seungho. Now it's me that is getting nervous, but why am I getting nervous. I don't like Cheondoong he is a jerk but he did listen to me. No No he got me in a weak moment. That is all there is between us nothing at all. Cheondoong stands next to Seungho

"Hey, Seungho, Sunhee, Miyoung...'' I look up at his beautiful face. I cant forget what happened between us. I need to forget.

" I need to go get a book" I quickly leave.

Cheondoong: Why is Miyoung ignoring me. It has been a week since we were together in the park. Whenever I get close to her she leaves. Lately I have seen her talking to Joon and getting very friendly.  I want to tell myself that I don't care but I do care. Miyoung has slowly been creeping into my dream, thoughts and sometimes I imagine her close to me. I just cant forget her. I need to talk to her.