Treasure Hunt Adventure

Maknae on a date??

Jessica’s pov

 

One sleepy princess was lying comfortably in her room, snoozing to the light breeze of the late morning wind whistling through her room from the open window that laid open from the night before. The heat had caused the oldest Jung sister to get up in the middle of the night to change into something lighter and to open the window to get some cool air into the room. Everything was perfect in that moment; perfect breeze, perfect bed, perfect cuddle buddy….WAIT..

 

Jessica moved her hand up and down her bed, feeling nothing next to her. The CEO jolts upright in bed and scans her room, to no avail. WHERE. WAS. JAEHYUN !! Her mind raced with possibilities as she tried to calm herself down. ‘Woah there Jung, baby Jae must have just gone downstairs or something. Yeah, she’s so thoughtful she must have not wanted to ruin my beauty sleep.’

 

Slipping out of bed and into some cute indoor slippers, Jessica made her way downstairs and peers in to the living room. Nothing. ‘Ok not here, maybe she went into the kitchen.’ Turning and walking to the kitchen a bit hurried, because very few things could force the girl to run but one of those things had disappeared without a trace. She scans the area and see’s Soojung sitting at the bar and she sighs in disappointment.

 

 

“Wow love you too unnie” Krystal says in a deadpan tone seeing the disappointment etched into the older Jung’s face.

 

“Sorry about that Soojungie, but have seen Jae. She was sleeping with me last night, and I woke up with her gone” Jessica replies, imaginary cat ears flopping down at the memory of losing her cuddle buddy.

 

“She said she had to do a few things today but that she’ll be back soon. She left quite early this morning around 7am. I only know cause I saw her as I came back from my jog this morning” the younger woman replies eating her pancakes.

 

Furrowing her eyebrows at her sister as the girl continues eating nonchalantly, Jessica asks “Wait, you can’t cook. I do the cooking, you do the baking. Where did you get those?”

 

“First of all, rude. Second, of all I can so cook. But the answer to your question is that Jaehyun made breakfast for us. But since she was worried since you’ve been working so hard, she made some fruit smoothie for you that’s in the fridge and your meal is in the microwave.”

 

Putting away her plates in the sink, and quickly washing them as Jessica goes over to grab her food and fruit shake, Krystal asks casually “So what do you have planned today, I mean it is one of the few rare day offs that we both get at the same time.”

 

Thinking thoughtfully as she chewed on some food, Jessica replies “Hmm well maybe we can watch a few shows. I know Jaehyun recommend a new show called ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ that’s on Netflix.”

 

“Oh yeah the Neil Patrick Harris one, I heard the plot and characters are really daebak” Krysta says with a smile.

 

“Cool we should watch it then; it should be fun. Let me go get showered and changed first and you set up everything on my laptop.” Nodding at the plan Kyrstal quickly clear everything including Jessica’s plate, after her unnie was done as Jessica got cleaned up.

 

As Jessica was changing, Soojung barges into her room. “Unnie !!!”

 

“Omg Kystal, what the hell !!” Jessica says as she barely keeps her balance from falling over.

 

“Unnie, I found a sticky note on your laptop, its’ from Jaehyun” the raven-haired woman states as she passes the note to her sister.

 

Jessica read the note allowed in slight confusion:

 

Dear Sooyeon-unnie and Soojung-unnie,

 

I know its’ strange for me to have a post it stuck in a place as random as your laptop.

But today is not a normal day. Today is a day of adventure.

This is the first of a series of clues that will lead you to me.

You will have until 5pm to reach me.

If you do you’ll receive a special prize.

LOL please find me unnie.

Don’t leave me in the dark TT A TT. Joking XD:p

 

Anyway, your first clue is this:

 

Its pure body is destroyed after it meets Miss Gold. It can get shorter when it gets older but wind will extinguish it. It love to glow. Breath is its foe. What is it?

 

No cheating now unnie’s. But since you could be starting quite early, I’ll give you a clue to the riddle. It can light your home, heat you up and smell great at the same time. Where can you find it?

 

SooJung looks at her sister worriedly “I have no idea what this riddle means unnie.” Shaking the chestnut haired girl “what if we don’t find baby Jae in time. What if someone kidnaps her cause she’s so cute. What if.., What if!!!”

 

“SOOJUNG !! SHH IM TRYING TO THINK” Sooyeon says as the gears in her head try to recall any memories relating to the riddle. ‘Breath and wind basically means that it can be blown out. Shorter must mean the wax of a candle. But what does she have to with a candle. Candle…candle…candle”

Like a lightning bolt that just struck her with a side of brilliance, Sooyeon quickly grabs Krystal by the arm and drags her to her car.

 

“Wait unnie, where are we going !!”

 

“The riddle is talking about a candle Soojung, the extra clue Jae gave us is talking about the scented candles I was planning to sell for the new bath line.”

 

OAO “Ooooooh” says the younger Jung in awe as she watches her sisters mind work in such a way outside of fashion and kpop-idol life.

 

Getting into the car, Sooyeon drives the both of them to B&E, and they both make their way towards Jessica’s office.

 

When they open the door they are hit with a nice calming scent. There they see two boxes on Jessica’s desk. Inside each box was a nice smelling perfume, each with different scents, one floral and one fruity. Jessica going for the fruity scent, whilst Krystal took the floral. Inside, Krystal’s box was another post-it:

 

Dear Sooyeon-unnie and Soojung-unnie,

Did you like the present I got you? Haha I hope so.

Congratulations on figuring out the riddle by the way.

I’m glad I have two brilliant unnie’s who can figure out such mind boggling words.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this and Sooyeon-unnie sorry for making you run around.

I know you hate it but trust me it will be worth it.

 

Are you ready for the next riddle?

Then here is your clue:

 

Time is longer when you delve into words.

Living new lives as you scan through the verse.

Quiet as a mouse this place may be.

But louder than a cannonball in our minds it sets free.

 

 

“Ok what even Jung Jaehyun ?! Do you think you’re the Riddler from Batman or something” Sooyeon asks out loud a little annoyed at the cryptic words. “I swear I will make you stick with me 24/7 after this for a whole month.”

 

Chuckling at Jessica’s annoyance Soojung snarks out “Don’t you do that already though unnie.”

 

Glaring mildly at the younger Jung she elder replies “Clearly not enough, if she was able to sneak away from you and I to do all of this.”

 

By now it was 2.24pm in the afternoon, the traffic jam in Korea could seriously waste someone’s time. Anyway, moving on. Krystal tells the ice queen “Well, you don’t need to stress over it unnie, I think I know exactly what Jae is referring to.”

 

Grabbing the keys from the shorter woman, “This time I’m driving though” she says as she sprints out the door towards the car park.

 

“Yah !!! JUNG SOOJUNG, YOU BETTER NOT WRECK MY CAR !!” screams as she walks briskly after her younger and taller clone.

 

 

Krystal’s pov

 

Getting into the car Jessica then asks “So where exactly are we going?”

 

Grinning at her sister Soojung replies, a grin plastered on her face “Why unnie, we had a place where you worked and Jae spends a lot of time with you in the office.”

 

Raising her eyebrow up curiously Jessica replies “And ?! What’s your point?”

 

“Well it would only be natural that Baby Jae would also put a post-it in a place where the both of us frequent together when you’re not around. Right?”

 

“Okay, fair point Soojungie. But Where exactly is this place.”

 

Only grinning at her sister Soojung replies as she clicked her seat belt “You’ll see unnie, you’ll see.”

 

 

A FEW MOMENTS LATER

 

Jessica looks at the building up and down in front of her and heaves a sigh. “An old hipster like bookstore. How did I not guess this.”

 

Giddy at getting the net clue Krystal walks into the bookstore with Jessica in tow. She waves towards the old man at the counter who motions her over with a kind smile. Both sisters’ walk towards the counter confused. “Hello, Soojung-ssi, I haven’t seen you in a while. Schedule keeping you busy?”

 

Nodding her head in confirmation Soojung replies “Nae uncle, today is one of the few days I get off from work. Ah this is mine and jae’s older sister Sooyeon.”

 

Bowing her head politely Sooyeon says “Annyeong-haseyo Jung Sooyeon-imnida.”

 

“Oh there’s no need for that formality, just call me uncle” the kindly old man says good-naturedly causing the usually stoic Jung to smile lightly.

 

“Anyway, I presume you are here for Jaehyun’s clue is that correct?”

 

Widening their eyes in shock, both sisters nod enthusiastically “yes uncle, we are. Are you saying you have it with you?”

 

Nodding the old man hands over a book to the girls. The girls smile in unison as they recall Jessica reading this particular fairy-tale story to Jaehyun when they were younger. Soojung would cut in sometimes to make voices for the characters as Jaehyun clapped and laugh like the great audience member she was, always supportive no matter how many they read it.

 

Inside the book had a post-it with Jaehyuns’ hand-writing covers the page with the last riddle:

 

Dear Sooyeon-unnie and Soojung-unnie.

 

Yay you’ve got the last clue!!! Wooh !!

Almost there unnie’s.

 

My final clue and destination is here:

Comfort like nowhere else in the world.

Melting away the mask allowing the brightness to shine through the ice.

Where memories come and fade but happiness remains.

Where am I?

 

Looking at their phones they see that it is already 4.05pm. They bid the bookstore owner farewell and rush towards the one place they know Jaehyun would be whenever either one of them felt down. Whenever they needed to let their guard down and just rest. Where they felt safest. The word resonated in both their minds ‘home’.

 

 

One last time for the day, both sisters got into the car once more, Jessica taking the wheel again. They arrived home a few minutes before the clock stricked 5. And there waiting in the corridor for them with cute plushies in hand was baby Jung in all her glory.

 

Smiling the sweet smile she always did. The sisters rushed and glomped their Maknae, hugging her tightly. Jae tries to hug back just as tight as she whispers to them “Happy Sibling’s day.”

 

The sisters continue to hug, the food going cold on the table. But its okay because all that matters wasn’t where they were, what they ate, or what they had. The only thing that mattered was that they were together celebrating being in each other’s lives as siblings.

 

 

Hey everyone, I know its been a while but hear me out. I just graduated last July and am currently studying to take my Bar exam, basically to get my license as a lawyer. I don’t have much time but I saw some of you wanted an update, So I caved and squeezed this in. I haven’t edited anything so I’m sorry for any mistakes I made. It doesn’t have a lot of Jaehyun in it and I’m sorry. The story takes a life of its own, I just type what it tells me too. Anyway, thanks for the likes and reviews. Stay cool, stay awesome.

 

-AL