The 'Crush' ?

Maknae on a date??

"Note: I will switch between first and third person so hopefully nobody gets confused.

Jaehyun's (You) pov

After a long and hard day at university, Jaehyun is ready to get home and just take a nap (well you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). As she runs through the events that occured today through her brain she can't help but let a grin spread across her face, giggling to herself. Walking out of the university gates she suddenly felt a pair of arms curving around her waist and entrapping her in a back hug. "Waaah" she screamed turning her face around to come face to face with her older sister Krystal, "Unnie!! What are you doing here? I thought you won't be back from China for another day or so."

 

Krystal who is dressed in a long sleved white button up and black jeans, with her eyes covered with sunglasses cannot hide the amusement she is radiating at scaring her favourite (only) younger sister. "Wae ? You don't want to see me ?" Krystal pouts as she teases Jeahyun, tightening her arms around the youngers waist and turning to get a better look at the younger girl. 

 

Worried and completely clueless towards her sisters' teasing Jaehyun quickly stumbles out "W-what, no, I-I, It's not what it sounds like." Her words are not coming out the way she wants making her panic a little knowing how her sister can be when she gets angry at times.She hopes its not that time of a month again when her sister rages at the weirdest times for the most unlikley things.

 

Giggling at the clumsy response Krystal just shakes her head and saves her sister from embarressing herself any further. She beleives the full blown blush on Jaehyun's face is the highlight of her day. "it's okay Hyun, I was just joking." 

 

"Joking ? What, huh??" Jaehyun splutters out whilst recovering from her panic. 

 

Smiling and dragging the younger Jung somewhere her arms still locked around Jaehyun's waist Krystal tells the girl, "the company told me that I didn't have any more schedules after the event in China, so I got a week off before I have to get ready for another comeback." 

 

"Oh that's great !! We can spend some time together with Jessica-unnie if she's not too busy with the company" you exclaim happily since its been a while since all three of you have gotten to hang out for a bonding session.

 

"That's exactly what I thought, which is why I came to pick you up."

 

"Omo, you drove here Unnie" Jaehyun said in shock. 

 

Furrowing her eyebrows Krystal asks "Yes, why, what's wrong with my driving ?" 

 

Laughing lightly you recounted " Unnie the last time you drove you almost hit an old lady when you tried to park the car."

 

"Yah !! How dare you be rude to your unnie, apologise now" she demanded, untangling one arm away from your waist to smack your forearm.

 

" Haha i'm joking unnie, i'm joking, I know you've improved since then. But maybe I should try driving home, after all i've got my license for a while now" you remind her. You just don't drive to school since parking is only for faculty members. Plus have tried parking around a university area, its literally impossible to find anythign of the sort.

 

Finally freeing you from her arms Krystal sighs in rsignation "Okay, fine, just be careful okay and don't drive too fast. this isn't fast and furious got it" she says sternly as you nodded so fast in happiness that it looked like a bobble head souvenir. 

 

Handing you the keys, the both of you get into the white Ford Edge to make your journey home, each talking about your day. As you finally areive home, parking the car and heading to the front door Krystal aks "So, what's got you grinning like a fool earlier ?"

 

Blushing a bit as you open the front door, you reply meekly "Oh it's nothing really, don't worry about it unnie."

 

"Don't worry about what ?" comes a voice from the living room. 

 

Both of Jaehyun and Krystal look towards where the voice comes from and out comes the eldest Jung sister in all her pyjama glory. " Jessica-unnie !! What are you doing here " Jaehyun says shocked for the second time today. 

 

"Tsk tsk Hyun, didn't I tell you to call me Sooyeon-unnie" she says with a grin and one eyebrow raised with her hands on her hips like the true queen she is of the Jung household. 

 

"Ah but you always say that you don't like being referred to by your Korean name" you retort in defence. 

 

Waving her hand in a whatever motion she replies "That doesn't apply to my siblings least of all you.So what was it that you were talking about ?"

 

At this Krystal finally jumps into the conversation as she pushes you further into the corridor and closes the front door "Unnie, our little dongsaeng is hiding somethng from me. She was blushing an won't tell me something that happened today."

 

Focusing her eyesights on you with her eyebrow still raised "Oh, our dongsaeng is hiding things from her unnie now" she says a little intimidatingly. 

 

Squrming on her spot at the two so called ice princesses stares, Jaehyun tries to divert the question "Ah where's mum ? I didn't hear her when we came in ?"

 

Not taking her gaze of you Jessica replied "They had to go to grandma's cause of an emergency of some sort, nothing too serious but they won't be around for a while. Now don't try to avoid the question. What has gotten you so flustered?" 

 

'Right now the both you' Jaehyun thought as she tried to scramble out and answer but just sighed knowing that she is a horrible liar and her sisters would know if she tried to lie. "It's nothing really, I just got an invite to go out with Son Naeun today" you mumble out.

 

"Bwoh !? You got invited out by someone ??" Krystal exclaims rage begin to bubble in her at the thought of someone daring to ask out her one and onyl baby sister.

 

" What !! Who is this Son Naeun !!" Jessica questions just as jealous at someone taking over the youngests Jungs attention. 

 

Thinking that her sisters were just being over-protective Jaehyun tells them "Ah, um, well, I was about to walk home from school 3 weeks ago when it started to rain. Luckily I had my umbrella so I was walking past the Drama and Theatre Department when I saw a girl looking helpless at the entrance and noticed that she didn't seem to have an umbrella. I felt a bit sorry for her and decided give her my umbrella."

 

Flashback

The sky was dreary and rain was pouring down from the heavens heavily that day, not enough to flood the streets quite yet but enough that you wanted to get home as soon as possible. Jaehyun was walking from the Humanities Department building after her last lecture when she saw a someone just standing at the entrance of the Drama Department. As Jaehyun got closer she saw that it was a girl, not just any girl but the so-called goddess of the popular Korean girl group Apink. Naeun seemed to be close enough to the entrance to stay dry but looked forlornly at the clouds, indicating that she too wanted to get back to her dorm and escape the treatorous weather but seemed to be stuck with not umbrella or signal to call for help. 

 

Jaehyun being a bit of a fan of the group felt bad for the girl and ended walking towards her, which startled the beautiful girl group member for a moment. "Here" Jaehyun said as she passed over her umbrella to the girl. 

 

Furrowing her eyebrow in confusion as you nudged the umbrella closer to her, realisation finally kicked in as Naeun shook her head and replied "Oh no, I can't take your umbrella, how would you get home ?" 

 

Shaking your head in protest Jeahyuns insisted " It's okay Son Naeun-ssi, i can't have one of my favourite kpop artists getting sick right" she ends with a gentle smile. 

 

Grinning she turns around and is about to run when a hand grabs onto her wrist and Naeun stutters out, her cheeks a bit flushed "W-why don't we share the umbrella and walk home together." Realising how that might have sounded the older girls quickly adds "I-I mean its quite late right now and its raining so....." her voice trails off causing Jaehyun to giggle at the girls cuteness. 

 

"Well if you don't mind me asking where you live Son Naeun-ssi, i'll you home first" Jaehyun says charmingly, unknowingly dazzling the girl a bit. 

 

"I-if that won't be too much trouble then i'll show you as we walk" the Apink member responds as they both get closer together and begin their trek through the harsh weather. 

 

"Ah by the way I forgot to introduce my self, my name is Jung Jaehyun, just call me Jaehyun or Jae" Jaehyun says turning your head to look at girl beside you. 

 

"Since you already know my name, you can just call me Naeun, Jaehyun-ah" she smiles back sweetly. 

 

Flashback end 

"After that we exchanged numbers and have been talking to each other a bit and she introduced me to some of her group members as well. But I am a bit excited because it is the first time we will go out together since, as you two know, its hard going outside in public with someone as a kpop idol" Jaehyun explains.

 

Unbeknowst to the youngest of the trio the explanation did little to calm the elder duo's nerves, in fact it properly made them feel a whole lot worse. After all, not only is their sweet little baby dongsaeng spending time with someone else without their knowledge but apparently this girl was a suppossed goddess who seemed to have an interest in their Jaehyun. (Yeah they're fools for their youngest sibling and proud of it, thank you very much.) To top things off their first meeting seemed like a bloody korean drama scene where the main actress meets her prince charming. Like really, how cliché, ugh why couldn't something like that happen to them with Jaehyun instead why did it have to be some other girl. Did god not like them for some reason ? Who knows ? 

 

Thinking that both her sister have become lost in their own worlds Jaehyun just shrugs and tells them that she's going to go upstairs and take and nap and to call her when their about to prepare dinner so she can help (sweet isn't she, yeah thats what you call girlfriend material lol). 

 

Krystal and Jessica finnally break out from their trance when they hear Jaehyuns room door close and the both of them look at each other with a face of detrmination. "Soojung, you know what we have to do don't you" Jessica says looking at the taller Jung, determination etched into her face.

 

Nodding her head in understanding Krystal replies "We must eliminate the enemy at all cost."

 

"That goes without saying. but Soojung-ah what do you think we should do about their date ?" Jessica asks, worry creeping into her veins at the thought of lisng their loveable baby dongsaeng. 

 

"We follow them unnie and we find out who this Son Naeun is but first" she pauses raising her index finger to the celing "tooooo the internet."

 

Using their Iphones to search Son Naeuns profile on google, btoh Jungs are stunned by the how beatiful the girl is in the picture. "We should not underestimate this enemy Soojung, even if I look prettier than her" Jessica says seriously. 

 

"Yah !! Unnie !! I look hot as well. Don't just think of yourself" Soojung says whines. 

 

Chuckling Jessica pats the younger girls head "Dae, mianhe Soojung-ah, Soojungie is pretty too." (The sisters are all fond of each other Jea's just dense when it comes to affection from her sisters but she welcomes it wholeheartedly.) 

 

The 'date'

Jaehyun was at the park at 10.59 am waiting for Naeun to arrive not knowing that behind the bushes a few feet away from her were her beloved unnies spying on their dongsaeng. Just as the clock struck 11am a voice calls out "Jaehyun-ah" and you see someone in a hat and facemask running towards you. 

 

"Unnie" Jaehyun replied with a smile not wanting to get people's attention by calling out Naeun's name. Both girls hugged each other in greeting and proceeded to walk out the park, while being tailed by Jungsis. 

 

"Urgh, Unnie did you see how she just hugged our Hyun like that" Krystal points out annoyed at the two's interaction. Jessica merely growls like an angry cat and follows the two girls silently, Krystal right next to her without being noticed.

 

Throughout day the skinship involving you and Naeun began to grate on your sisters nerves till it was sunset and you brought Naeun to Namsan tower to watch the sunset (cause Naeun had always wanted to go but never had the chance to do so.) 

 

At this point Jessica's patience was running out, she had been pretty quiet throughout the day but she couldn't hold it in anymore and begin to barge out of their hiding place "Unnie, you need to calm down. I know this is making you annoyed and I am too but we can't let them know that we have been followng them the whole day" Krystal whispers and she tries to hold back the elder but to no avail. (Who knew Jessica could be so strong.)

 

Just as Naeun's head was about to fall on Jaehyun's shoulder, from lack of sleep she was startled awake but a loud shout coming from behind the pair "Yah !! Yah !! Yah What do you think your doing with my dongsaeng. Who gave you permission to go on a date with her huh ?!" Jessica spews out furiously with Krystal just standing behind her nodding in agreement. 

 

Naeun too shocked to say anything grips Jaehyuns hands only annoying the older Jung further.Sighing at her sisters dramatic tendencies, Jaehyun gives Naeun and encouraging smile, before letting go of her hand and pulling Jessica into an embrace shutting her up immediately. Motioning for Krystal to join the hug, which she happily does Jaehyuns tells them "Unnie, this isn't a date. I told you its just two friends going out." 

 

"We were afraid we were losing you" mumbles Krystal cutely, her head buried in hey Hyun's shoulder. 

 

"You never told us about Naeun until recently" Jessica adds snuggling into your neck. 

 

Laughing lightly and letting them both go with much whining and complaining from the two "That's because the both of you have been busy lately and I didn't want to bother you too much." 

 

Naeun awkwardly sits and observes the tiros interactions, noticing this Jaehyun then intorduces her to the elder Jung sisters. "Guys, meet Son Naeun, the face of Apink and my friend" you say simply with a smile.

 

The two glare at the girl abit but not wanting to upset their angel, they to introduced themselves albeit a bit coldly. "Jessica/Krystal Jung, Jaehyuns beloved older sibling." 

 

Jessica looks up and down and has to admit that Naeun is indeed very beautiful and deserving of bieng the face of Apink but she won't be intimidated and boldly asks her arms in crossed "What are your intentions with our Jaehyunnie ?" 

 

Nervously looking around the Naeun replies " Uh um Jaehyun and I are just friends..." 

 

She gets cut off by Krystal "Do you have any interest or may potentially have any interest in our Jaehyunnie."

 

"I uh um" 

 

Jaehyun stops the interrogation and smoothly states "Sooyeon-unnie, Soojung-unnie please stop or else I won't let either of you sleepover in my room anymore." This caused the two panic and quickly apologise for their rudeness towards the Apink member.

 

Smiling uncomfortably, Naeun graciously accepted the Jung sisters request. "Naeun-unnie, I'm really sorry about this, my sisters are just overprotectice but they mean well."

 

Nodding in understanding Naeun replies "It's okay Jaehyun-ah, I have a younger sister as well, and would probably react similarly if someone was trying to hit on her." Biting her bottom lip in nervousness the goddess admits "I have to say though, I do quite like you Jaehyun-ah in a not so friendly way."

 

This confession makes both Krystal and Jessica blow up as they try and lunge for the girl but is held back by Jaehyun who pulls them away whilst telling Naeun that she will call her later to discuss about it. Safe to say that they were lucky no paparazzi were able to behold the events of that day but Jaehyun now found herself in the company of her two sisters more than ever, being extremely clingy towards her and using their aegyo more often. 

 

Jaehyun guesses it could be worse so she's not too troubled by it as she loves her sisters just as much. As for the situation with Naeun well their still friends but Naeun is now 'courting' her much to the chagrin of the two sisters. But hey nothing too bad has happened yet so thats a pus, right? 

 

End 

I know it feels like i rushed it but i got lazier than i expected. Sorry for the short story.