what have you done?

Distance

Mingyus POV

 

Mingyu was laid across his bed, dried tears had left trails down his face. The back of his hand was up against his eyes and he couldn't help but think about when this all started.

 

"I love Wonwoo."

Seungcheol and Jeonghan stared at him.

"I love him more than i can explain. But i can't pursue that. Because i know there's no way he feels the same."

"Mingyu, what are you saying?" they both said in unison.

"Im saying I have to stop being his friend."

 

Mingyu had been crying since he returned from Wonwoos house.

"Mingyu-ah! Come down and eat!" he heard his mum calling him. He had to clear his throat before he spoke, hoping his voice wouldn't fail him.

"I'm not hungry eomma!" he called. Her padded footsteps now seemed to be heading towards his room.

"Mingyu-ah are you sick??" she asked, walking into his room. By that time, he'd managed to wipe his tears and huddle up under his covers.

"U-ugh yeah eomma, I feel like i'm getting the flu"

"My poor baby" she pressed her hand against his head, luckily his crying fit had increased his temperature. "Your temperature is really high, don't go into school tomorrow okay? I'll call in for you"

"Okay, thankyou"

"Rest well Mingyu-ah" she says in a sweet voice and goes back downstairs, leaving Mingyu alone with his thoughts.

 

"Mingyu, do you want to come and hang out later? I've bought loads of new movies-"

"No Wonwoo, i can't i'm sorry i have to.. I have to err..study! Yeah i have to study! Sorry"

"Oh" Wonwoos face dropped. "Okay..some other time then" he said with a hopeless smile.

"Yeah, maybe some other time" Mingyu looked away. He hated this. He hated how sad Wonwoo looked.

This continued for weeks, Mingyu continuously turning down Wonwoo's requests. He had just finished being lectured by Seungcheol as to why he should stop treating Wonwoo like an annoying child (what does he know he can't even confess to Jeonghan himself, ) when Wonwoo cornered him. His face was a mixture of hurt, and anger.

 

"Why are you acting so cold towards me?" he paused for a second "you're acting as if you don't even know me, what have i done?!"

Mingyu couldn't look him in the eye, his foot was tapping involuntarily and he stared at his fingers.

"are you even listening to me-" wonwoo started.

Mingyu thought it would be best to just avoid the whole situation so he turned to walk away. He didn't want to get caught up in his feelings.

 

"KIM MINGYU" Wonwoo shouted, grabbing his wrist, stopping the younger in his tracks.

 

Mingyu went into overdrive. Seungcheol and Wonwoos arguments bouncing around in his head, he wasn't thinking clearly-

That's when Mingyu did something completely unforgivable. He punched him. Right in the face. Wonwoo was cowering in front of the younger, holding his cheek. Mingyu towered over him, his eyes exuding pure anger. "Leave. Me. Alone. Wonwoo. I'm warning you"

 

Mingyu walked away, the guilt proceeding to take over his whole body. He could barely take any more steps. He was crying.

Seungcheol bumped into him, noticing the tears. "Mingyu, what have you done?"


After that whole ordeal things became more painful. Painful because Mingyu could see the fear in Wonwoos eyes everytime he saw him. He could see him flinch every time he walked past. His own best friend was terrified of him and it was his fault.

 

 

The next chapter is the last T-T


Don't you just hate when said character thinks pushing away other said character is a good idea? Same same