Its okay not to be okay

Distance

"Why you acting so cold towards me?" he felt his heart racing faster, finding the courage to confront the younger. "you're acting as if you don't even know me, what have i done?!" he expected the younger to at least look in his direction, but he stood there tapping his foot as if he had other places to be. "are you even listening to me-" wonwoo started, his blood boiling as the brown-haired boy simply turned around and walked away.

 

"KIM MINGYU" He grabbed his wrist, stopping him in his tracks.

 

That's when Mingyu did something completely unforgivable. He punched Wonwoo. Right in the face. At this point, Wonwoo felt so small he didn't know what to do. He was cowering in front of the younger, holding his cheek. Mingyu towered over him, his eyes exuding pure anger. "Leave. Me. Alone. Wonwoo. I'm warning you"

With that, he left. For the first time in his life, Wonwoo was genuinely afraid of Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo shot up out of bed, sweat sticking his hair to his forehead. Why did i have to see him?  His shirt was clinging to him as he lifted himself out of bed and headed downstairs to get some water. He didn't notice his elder brother Changkyun leant over the counter until he turned away from the sink, jumping a little in surprise. "Changkyun,  what are you doing up? You scared me."

"I was thirsty" he said sipping on his own water out of his 'best big brother' mug. Wonwoo chuckled to himself, who drinks water out of a mug?

"Why are you awake? You look like you've seen a ghost" Changkyun retorted.

"Nahh" he brushed it off. "i was just really hot in my room, got dehydrated."

"Dehydrated?" Changkyun quirked his eyebrow. "you got dehydrated" his tone flattening out into a disbelieving one.

"Yeah, what so hard to believe about that?"

The elder threw his hands up in surrender, shaking his head slightly. "Nothing, nothing i just know a nightmare when i see one" he said slinking back upstairs.

"I didn't have a night-"

"Sure sure sure" Changkyun called down.

"idiot" Wonwoo muttered.

 

-

 

The next couple of days went by in a haze, he didn't see Mingyu again. Luckily. He was beginning to think that if he did, he would have to hold back from punching him. .

 

It was a Friday and Wonwoo was holed up in the library doodling on his notebook again, when Seokmin came over and plopped beside him.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Ah, not much just keeping my head in the books you know?" Wonwoo replied shaking the notebook in front of him with the same fake smile.

"We both know there isn't a damn piece of work in there Wonwoo"

"Yes there is!" he replied defensively, flicking through the pages.

"Whatever, i need to talk to you about something" he said with a serious expression. Oh great. Wonwoo gulped.

"What is it?"

"Mingyu"

Wonwoo looked at Seokmin with a blank face. "Who's that?"

"Wonwoo, come on. Don't act stupid" Wonwoo sighed.

"What about him?" he said with the fakest of smiles.

"He asked about you yesterday" Seokmin stared at Wonwoo and saw his brows furrow.

"What?"

"He asked about you yesterday" the younger repeated.

"Yes Seokmin i heard you the first time, what did he ask about?"

"He asked if you were okay"

Wonwoo's hands curled into fists. He asked if I was okay? I was okay? He has the audacity to ask if I'm okay when he's the root of all this? He ruined everything, hurt me, treated me like but wants to ask if I'm okay?

 

Tears formed at the corner of his eyes. . He didn't want to cry. Not here, not in front of his closest friend. He was just so angry. So angry, he couldn't even remember standing up. He couldn't remember practically storming out of the library. He couldn't remember Seokmin yelling after him. He couldn't remember searching the school until he found him. He couldn't remember grabbing him by the collar. But he could remember what he said to him. "There's no need to ask Seokmin how I am because i'll tell you right now. I am full of hate, hate towards you. And i will never stop hating you Kim Mingyu." It took every bit of strength he had to stop himself from punching him. He would never stoop that low.

 

-

 

"Wonwoo! What happened-"

"Seokmin. I'm going home, see you next week."

He was fumbling for his things when he felt the younger's hand around his wrist. "Wonwoo, tell me what happened" The dark-haired boy is practically shaking with anger, but upon hearing Seokmins soft voice, he calmed down.

"I told Mingyu that I hate him" he paused for a second. "probably not in the best way, but then again there's no good way to tell someone you hate them i mean who does he think he is, he has no right to check up on me when he ruined our friendship, i hate him so m-" his rambling was interrupted by Seokmin hugging him. His eyes widened and he tried to keep control of himself but it finally happened. He finally broke down.

 

He was sobbing uncontrollably, right in the middle of the library. It was a stream of tears that felt like they never ended. His face was hot, and Seokmins jumper was wet.

"I-Im sorry, your jumper's r-ruined." Seokmin just his head in response.

"I think that's the last of our worries, lets get out of here. Im taking you home" he says with a small smile.

"N-no its fine" Wonwoo steps back wiping his tears away. "i can make my own way"

"Wonwoo." Seokmin gave him a hard glare. "stop trying to be so strong all the time. Its okay not to be okay"

 

/Im a closet wonseok shipper ehehe/

When i saw those wonwoo and changkyun interactions i just knew he had to be in this :))))

This is really angsty but it has to be ^^Comment what you think so far :))