the power of Kim Mingyu

Distance


 

Wonwoo walked into school the following day, he had dark bags under his eyes from not sleeping at all. He was bent down at his locker getting his books for his next class when he saw Seokmin and Soonyoung walking together. Seokmin was beaming brightly and his hands were intertwined with Soonyoung's. Wonwoos heart warmed. They look so happy. Not wanting to be some kind of 3rd wheel, he waited for them to pass before getting up and shutting his locker. He headed for class.

 

At lunchtime Wonwoo had no choice but to sit with Seokmin and Soonyoung. They called him over when they noticed him looking flustered over where to sit, smiling to each other like some old married couple. Sheesh, this isn't going to be torture. Just then two other boys walked into the cafeteria holding hands.

"Jeonghan, Seungcheol!" Seokmin called. They turned their heads towards the voices and came to sit opposite them. Wonwoo knew they were Mingyu's friends which made him feel a little bit awkward, but they were really nice to him.

"Mingyu isn't in school today, he hasn't been answering any of my texts or calls either" Seungcheol suddenly announced worriedly.

A wave of guilt consumed Wonwoo.

"Seungcheol I'm sure he's fine, maybe he's just really sick"

"Maybe.."

Jeonghan wrapped his hand around Seungcheol's and gave him a small smile as if to reassure him.

 

-

 

Wonwoo couldn't stop thinking about what Seungcheol had said earlier. What if he had done something, and it was his fault? He trudged up his front steps when he noticed someone sitting at his doorstep. It was Mingyu. He looked tired, dark bags lining his under eyes just like Wonwoo. I guess we both didn't sleep.

"What are you doing here?" Wonwoo questioned, he didn't even have the energy to make himself sound assertive.

"I'm not leaving here until you hear me out, I have to explain everything." Wonwoo's jaw clenched, all he wanted to do was sleep and this kid comes here wanting to explain things.

"Fine, explain." He opened the front door and they both stepped inside.

 

-

 

By the end of it all both of the boys were crying. They were sitting on the end of Wonwoos bed. Wonwoo's head was aching, he hadn't slept and now he was crying what felt like the River Nile. Mingyu was the first to speak up, sobbing in between words.

"I didnt...mean to hurt you Wonwoo, I never meant to hurt you.. I..just didn't want you to get caught up in my feelings...the fact that i made you scared of me is so painful- i wasn't supposed to make you hate me, i really don't want you to hate me Wonwoo, I know this is all my fault but please forgi-"

"I love you"

Mingyus head shot up and he stared at Wonwoo, blinking. "Since before any of this happened"

"All this time?"

"Yes. Mingyu."

"Why didn't you just tell me Wonwoo?"

"Because I was scared, I didn't want to ruin things"

Mingyu started to chuckle. Wonwoo punched him in the arm, hard. "Why the hell are you laughing?"

"Well its kind of funny isnt it, that you love me and you didnt want to ruin things so you didnt tell me- but I love you and caused a whole mess" he stated, rubbing his arm.

"Yes Mingyu its absolutely hilarious" his voice slathered in sarcasm.

"Sorry sorry" he held up his hands in surrender, smirking. Wonwoo couldn't hold back his own smile at that point. He sighed and leant his head on Mingyu's shoulder, which was kind of awkward because Mingyu was way taller than him.

"Wonwoo"

"Yeah"

"You're kind of short and it's making my arm hurt"

"Shut up"

 

It wasn't long before Wonwoo had fallen asleep, his mind finally at rest. Mingyu wondered how he could sleep in such an uncomfortable position; the power of Kim Mingyu. He stared at the older, his skin looked so soft, his lips were parted slightly as his chest raised and fell.Was he always this beautiful? He noticed that beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. He must be a little hot, doesnt look like he's slept either. Mingyu took the elders head in his arms and laid him down on the bed. "I'll get him some water" he whispered to himself.

 

"Mingyu!"

"Changkyun!"

The two hadn't seen each other for months, hugging tightly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ahh, I came by to sort this whole mess out" he replied scratching the back of his neck.

"I figured, Wonwoo was acting..strange lately"

"What do you mean?" he asked, filling up a glass.

"He kept waking up early in the morning, looking scared."

Mingyu's heart sank. He hesitated before he spoke again. "It's my fault"

"Mingyu" the older put his hand on his shoulder. "As long as it's sorted out now, what does it matter?"

Mingyu sighed. "Yeah I guess, thanks man"

"No problem" he smiled.

"Yah Changkyun what's taking you so lo- Oh! Hello!"

Mingyu looked to where the voice was coming from and saw a red-headed boy.

"Oh Mingyu, this Jooheon"

"Hey" Mingyu smiled and bowed to him.

"Hey" Jooheon smiled and bowed.

"Anywho" Changkyun started, wrapping his arm around Jooheon's waist "We better get going, tell Wonwoo i'll be back tomorrow"

"Sure, Bye!" Mingyu waved to the two as they left.

 

Mingyu watched as Wonwoo slept. He looked so peaceful, he didn't want to wake him but he knew he needed to drink something.

"Wonwoo" he shook him a little. Wonwoo's eyes slowly pried open, and he looked at Mingyu as if he was in some new dimension.

"Mingyu?" his voice was husky.

"Wonwoo, drink this" he handed him the glass. "You don't look good"

"Wow thanks, compliments really are your thing" Wonwoo replied, his tone dripping in sarcasm. He gulped down the water.

Mingyu chuckled. "I know right!"

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah, Changkyun said he'll be back tomorrow"

"Ahh, Okay" Wonwoo made a mental note to himself. Tease Changkyun when he comes home.

 

"I should probably get going" Mingyu said, standing up.

"Stay" Wonwoo pleaded not looking up from his lap.

"But we have school tomo-"

"Please" his voice was quiet. "I dont want to stay here on my own"

Mingyu obviously couldn't say no to that.

"Okay, I'll stay"

 

Wonwoo woke up to the feeling of a warm body embracing his, the familiar smell of coconut shampoo, the taste of another's lips lingering on his own, and the sound of shallow breaths. He smiled to himself, this is how he wanted to spend all of his mornings.



 

Thats the end T-T i couldn't just let it be angsty all the time even i was sad. Lolz

Haha 'a couple of monsta X members' see what i did there? :DDDD

 

Anywho i'm thinking of writing a JeongCheol domestic!au would any of you guys like that? Tell me what you think!

(Imma write it either way because you cant stop me)