Surprise

Enjoy It

A week passed since Jimin inadvertently stayed the night at Yoongi’s house. He had woken up peacefully only a few minutes after Yoongi had woken up. It was a little awkward at first, but as soon as it came, the awkwardness left the room. The two had laid together for a few minutes before they decided to wake Areum up. Jin and Namjoon had either already left after coming home, or they just hadn’t returned yet. Either way, Yoongi made a simple breakfast of toast, eggs, and sausage, for his daughter and boyfriend. It was the first lazy Sunday they were able to spend together and neither would have wanted it any other way.

The two regularly texted and talked to each over the next week, but their schedules never aligned for them to be able to meet up. That is until the next Sunday when there was a knock on the door way too early for Yoongi to be okay with guests.

After attempting to yell at Seokjin to answer the door (and realizing he must have left already), Yoongi finally decided to get out of bed and see who disturbed his rest in such an obnoxious manner.

7:45 the over clock read in bright red numbers. Areum was already awake, quietly watching her cartoons. Glimmer something this time. She was so enraptured she didn’t even noticed her father was awake and walking around now. Said father couldn’t restrain his chuckle at her as he shuffled his way to the front door.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” he yelled as the knocking became more insistent.

“Jimin?” surprise colored his voice when he opened the door and saw his boyfriend on the other side.

“Get ready, we are going out,” the younger man said, as he pushed past the blonde and toed his shoes off.

“Good morning, Aruem-ah~!” he said to the two year old as he bent down in front of her.

You could see the light run across the little girl’s face as she looked up and recognized the man talking to her. “Good morning, Chimchim!”

“Come on beautiful, let’s go get you dressed. We are going out. Is that ok with you?” the brunette asked as he picked up the little girl.

“Ne,” Areum said softly as she leaned into the hold and hugged the man.

“Uh, ok, sure we’re going out. Care telling me where so I know what to wear?” Yoongi asked, a little shocked still, as he followed his boyfriend and daughter into her room. He stood in the door frame as he watched Jimin sit the little girl down on her bed and began rummaging through her dresser and closet. He finally found something that pleased him and pulled it off of its hanger.

“Here,” he said as he handed Yoongi the dress, “Get Areum ready, I will find you something to wear.”

Before the blonde could argue, Jimin was already out of the room and finding his was to Yoongi’s bedroom. Said man was left staring at the dress for a few minutes before Jimin yelling “Why do you own so much black?” and “How haven’t you died of heat exhaustion yet?” snapped him out of his thoughts. The dress was a cute white dress with red stripes on the skirt part and a black stripe for a belt. The father quickly put Areum in the dress without any complaint from the little girl. He brushed her hair back and tied it up with a red ribbon.

“Ta-da!” he said as he held his daughter up to the mirror in her room. The little girl giggled just as Jimin returned from his quest.

“Go put on exactly what I have on your bed. No complaints,” he said as he took Areum from the blonde’s arms with a smile. He disappeared from the room and toward the kitchen before Yoongi’s mind could catch up.

He walked into his room and saw a full ensemble laid out on his bed. Everything was black except for a bright red belt. There was a button up dress shirt, skinny dress slacks, and a wide brim hat. There was also a tray with earrings placed on it. There were his favorite red tunnels, and two sets of simple black studs. Not wasting any time, Yoongi put everything on as he was instructed. He also decided to go the extra mile and throw on a touch of eyeliner to make his eyes pop. One can never go wrong with a little eyeliner.

Once he approved of his appearance, the blonde made his way to the living room where he found Jimin putting Areum’s red Converse on her feet. Yoongi’s own were sitting right beside the two and he took the hint and walked over to get them. It was then that he noticed what his boyfriend was wearing. How he missed it when he first arrived, Yoongi will never know. Jimin was wearing bright red skinny jeans, a white dress shirt tucked in, and black suspenders. He had replaced his black shoes onto his feet and had silver horseshoes in his ears. Wait, his ears are pierced? How did I miss that?

“Stop checking me out and put your shoes on. I’m hungry and I’m sure you are too,” Jimin playfully snapped as he adjusted the little girl’s dress. “Arassuh, arassuh,” Yoongi said as he sat down to lace up his own sneakers.

Once the family was up to Jimin’s standards, they headed out of the apartment. Jimin called for the elevator as Yoongi locked up.

“Wait, how did you get up here? You need a FOB to call the elevator,” Yoongi said as they entered the elevator, each of Areum’s hands in one of theirs.

“I called Jin-hyung. He got me the hook up,” Jimin said with a cheeky smile.

“Remind me to thank him later,” Yoongi replied with his own smile.

When the small family reached the first floor, Yoongi instinctively began walking toward the garage, but Jimin pulled them out the front door instead.

“We aren’t going far so we are walking instead,” Jimin said cryptically as he picked Areum up and placed her on his shoulders.

“Ok, so where exactly are we going?” Yoongi asked as they waited for the Walk sign at a cross walk.

“You’ll see soon. If I wanted you to know, I would have told you,” Jimin said with a wink in the blonde’s direction.

“It’s a surprise baby, just be patient,” he said when he saw the look of mild frustration on his boyfriend’s face.


Once again, I am so sorry it took me so long to get this out. I have been hella stressed lately, but I had this idea come to me thanks to the radio here in Tampa. Anywhoo, I am starting a YouTube channel soon under the same name (SilentTerror) so if you are interested in watching me make a fool of myself, come check it out! As always, thank you so much for reading.
xoxo