Ringa Linga

Enjoy It

Kim Taehyung prided himself in knowing that he had the ability to expect the unexpected. He did have a bit of a 4D personality, after all. However, he did not foresee his best friend slamming their apartment door open. The resulting bang caused the unsuspecting boy to jump nearly out of his skin. The door was slammed shut and Taehyung looked up from the cartoon he was watching, expecting to see Jimin mad or upset. He did not, in any way, expect to see the huge smile that was on Jimin’s face, his eyes forming small crescent moons. Said boy flopped onto the couch, resting his head on the other’s lap and snuggling into his abdomen.

“I take it things went well?” the boy sitting upright said. He knew Jimin was happy just from the fact of where he was laying. His lap was a pillow if Jimin was in a good mood. If he wasn’t, he would sit on the older boy’s lap and cling to him like a koala. Taehyung felt the boy nod his head into his abdomen and brought his hand down to stoke the boy’s dark brown hair. “Are you going to tell me about it, or~?” the lavender-haired boy trailed off, knowing that was the only prompt necessary for Jimin, who sighed a happy smile into the elder’s stomach.

“It was perfect. His favorite food is Italian so my plans worked perfectly and I took him to Armani’s. He was so shocked when I walked in like I own the place, which I do, so it was okay. But his face was hysterical. We talked for hours. He told me his favorite color is white because it is made by all of the other colors and he loved that. It was such a great night. That is, until he got a phone call. He answered by calling the person ‘princess’ and he hung up by saying ‘good night, beautiful’. I thought it was his girlfriend or something, but guess who it was,” Jimin jumped up at his last statement and grabbed the shoulders of the purple haired boy. He didn’t give the boy a chance to respond though and yelled in his face, “It was his daughter! I know! I know! His two year old daughter!” Jimin fell onto his back, opposite of where Taehyung was sitting, dramatically. “And get this, she is Laci’s!” he yelled, back to holding his best friend’s shoulder. “Looking back at it, I realize it was obvious. She stopped performing for a year, she must have been pregnant and recovering during that time. And when she quit, so did he, but he never returned. Aish! It all makes sense!” he cried, laying back again.

“He didn’t mention his daughter during the first 2 hours because he was scared. He said so many people ran away when they found out he is a single father. He was so very different from the rapper-extraordinaire Suga. He lacked all of the confidence that he had on stage. I couldn’t help myself, I grabbed his hand and didn’t let go until I dropped him off at his house. He didn’t pull away or anything, in fact he asked me why I was holding his hand and why I cared so much. I told him it was because he was in pain and skinship helps. I told him that I wanted to possibly be more than friends and he said and I quote ‘We will see.’ It wasn’t a direct no and so I am happy. And now, aliens and gentleman, the of this story,” Jimin said now standing in between the couch and their coffee table.

“Did you ?” Taehyung asked, completely serious aside from his wriggling eyebrows. This caught Jimin completely off-guard despite being used to the erted side of his roommate. His eyebrows scrunched together and his mouth just hung open.

“What? No,” he recovered, gaining his excitement back, “I did, however, kiss him! I don’t know why, I just couldn’t help myself. I ran away and drove off before I could see his reaction. But Tae-Tae! His lips are so~ soft! I just want to feel them again~!” the brunette whined, pretending to faint on the couch.


“No. No no no no no .NO,” the stern, quiet voice could be heard throughout the Kim/Min household.

Yoongi stared in disbelief at Seokjin. He had just finished relaying his story of his not-a-date to Namjoon and the elder. He had finished it up by recounting the kiss and how he thinks he might want to do it again. During the course of his story, Yoongi could see the wheels turning in Jin’s head. When he mentioned the possible desire to go on an actual date with the chubby cheeked boy, something clicked for Jin.

“Jimin Park. Son of Jason Park. Heir to Park Corp, the company that owns most big name hotels and resorts. Best friend to Kim Taehyung. Kim Taehyung, step-brother of Kim Seokjin. You cannot date Jimin. He is a massive playboy. And oh my god! If you saw the way him and Taehyung acted together, you would never want to see him again, let alone date him. They are constantly touching each other and sometimes kissing and just massive amounts of PDA and skinship. It is disgusting,” Jin said, leaning against the armrest of their couch, resingt his forehead on his hand.

Yoongi was shocked. He had never heard Jin talk about his family, let alone mention a step-brother. “I didn’t even know you had a step-brother,” he practically whispered, still stunned into almost being speechless.

“Yes I have a step-brother," the older said tiredly. "He is the son of my step-mother. My father is the CEO and founder of Kim Enterprises. We own a lot of hotels, apartment buildings, including this one, and a lot of the property that other hotels and apartment buildings sit on. My father remarried after my mother died of cancer. Kim Taehyung was married into the family at that point of time as well,” the eldest said, still holding his head.

“Why does it matter if he is close to your step-brother? He did tell me that he knows from experience that skinship helps heal pain. Maybe that is why. Did you ever think of that?” Yoongi said, standing up from his position on the couch. “Honestly Jin! You guys were so excited about me finally going out to meet a friend. Yet when I tell you I might actually want to date someone you say no! What the hell?” Yoongi yelled, forgetting that it was nearing 10 o’clock at night.

“Appa?” called a voice softly from the hallway.

Yoongi looked over and saw his little girl, dressed in her Lalaloopsy footie pajamas, thumb in , carrying her favorite Little Mermaid blanket in her other hand. His expression immediately softened and walked over to his daughter. He picked her up and patted her back, trying to lull her back to sleep. “Shh, it is okay beautiful. Appa is sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep,” he cooed as she rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. He noticed her calming exterior and turned around to send a glare to Jin. ‘We will continue tomorrow,’ he mouthed to the older man, not wanting to disturb his sleeping beauty. He walked back into his bedroom, deciding that tonight he needed to be by his daughter’s side, instead of in another room. He laid her down on his bed near the wall, changed out of his going out clothes and put on an oversized shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. He walked over to his vanity like dresser, changed his earrings into studs practical for sleeping and turned back to his bed. He noticed his daughter had curled herself around one of his pillows, mirroring the way he normally slept. He chuckled to himself and crawled into bed beside her, spooning her little back, and drifted into a dreamless slumber himself.


“APPA! Appa get up!” cried a voice from above Yoongi. He cracked his eyes open to see large brown eyes, underneath a mop of chestnut brown hair, staring down at him. He inwardly groaned and turned his head to the side, causing the little girl to giggle ferociously.

“Appa, appa, appa!” she chanted, now standing on the bed, jumping beside her lazy father’s body. This time he opened his eyes to see the glaring red numbers of his alarm clock. 8:07. He groaned outwardly this time and decided there was no way he was going to be able to go back to sleep with his daughter jumping the way she was. He sighed resolutely before he got an idea in his head. He pretended to go back to sleep, causing his daughter to pause her jumping and look at him. He fake snored until she tried to pry his eyes open with her little fingers. Suddenly he snapped his eyes open and lunged forward, snatching the little girl up in his arms. He blew raspberries all over her stomach and face, earning many giggles and squeals from the little girl. When he finally stopped, she settled down and they laid in bed for a few minutes, Areum curled on her father’s chest with his arms around her.

“Breakfast!” came a cry from the living room area.

Yoongi fake gasped and looked at his daughter, who matched his expression. “Let’s go see what, Jinnie made, huh?” he said, still holding his daughter in his arms.

“Yea!” she squealed, pointing in the direction of the kitchen.

The blonde walked into the kitchen, and sat his daughter down on her booster seat at the dining table, but not before doing a few spins, earning more squeals of joy. After his daughter was firmly seated, Yoongi walked into the kitchen and proceeded to make himself a cup of coffee. He added probably one too many scoops of sugar, but it was just the way he liked it. He returned his cup of coffee to his seat at the table, before helping Jin take everything for breakfast to the table. They finished arranging the plates on the table, just as Namjoon came out of his and Jin’s room, towel drying his hair.

“Nice of you to join us,” Yoongi said, as he started scooping some scrambled eggs onto his daughter’s partitioned Mickey Mouse plate. He glanced up to see Namjoon place a chaste kiss on Seokjin’s lips and he made a disgusted face, sticking his tongue out at the couple. The two laughed and sat down to help themselves to their breakfast. “Jal moekgetseumnida,” they said, Areum trying her best to follow along, and they all dug in.

“Gamsahapnida hyung,” Yoongi said, in between bites of pancake.

The ragtag family ate in comfortable silence for a while, Areum being occasionally distracted by the muted cartoon that was playing on the TV. After a while Jin decided it was time he spoke up.

*“Look Yoongi-ah, I am sorry that I freaked out a little bit last night. I am just worried. I know that you are more fragile than you would like to admit. I am worried that you will be hurt and consequently Areum will be hurt. You know that I care for you greatly and I really don’t want to see you hurt,”* the elder spoke in Korean, not wanting Areum to fully understand what they were talking about. *“I am sure that Jimin is a good kid. And maybe he does have a good reason for being so close to Taehyung, but it just worries me, ok?* Can you forgive this big worry-wart?” he asked, taking a sip of his orange juice and scanning Yoongi’s face for signs of anger.

At first, the younger of the two was angry. He didn’t think Seokjin had a right to worry about him the way that he did. But deep down, Yoongi knew he was in the wrong. He knew that the moment he moved into the Kim residence that his life would change. He most definitely should have known that Jin would worry about him the way that he was doing, especially after living with him for so long. He let out a long, suffering sigh and looked at the elder. He saw that his gaze made his hyung fidget a little bit and decided to mess with him by just staring at him for a few minutes. Then, he cracked his signature, gummy smile.

“Of course, Jin-hyung. I know that you were just worrying about me. Thank you for that. Anyways, what are your guys’ plans for this fine Saturday” the father said as he cut up a sausage patty into smaller bites for his daughter. He chuckled to himself as she stabbed a piece with her Minnie Mouse fork. She took after him so much, especially in their shared love of meat.

“I’m free,” Namjoon said as he finished his food and chugged his grapefruit juice, earning a motherly look from his partner. “I’m free too,” Jin said, as he began to gather the empty and finished dishes to take them to the sink.

“Wow, this is rare. We all have the day off. Family day?” the young father said, finishing his own food and helping his daughter finish hers.

“Family day,” the couple said in unison, smiling at Yoongi from the kitchen.


“TAE~! TAAEE~! TAE TAE!” cried a voice throughout the two college students’ apartment.

“What?!” Kim Taehyung responded, sitting on the couch, annoyed at having his cartoons interrupted.

“Can we go dance?” Jimin asked, standing in the doorway of his bedroom. He was wearing knee length black shorts with a red flannel tied around his waist and a graphic tank top. It was true to his typical dance/workout outfit.

“Ok. But first,” Taehyung said, outstretching his arms to his best friend, opening and closing his hands. It was his way of beckoning Jimin over to him, who immediately complied and sat down beside the younger boy. The older wrapped his arms around his friend’s waist and snuggled his head into Teahyung’s collarbone.

“Just let me enjoy this for a while,” Taehyung said as he wound he arms under Jimin’s arms, pulling the boy closer to him. “I’m going to be losing you soon, let me enjoy this while I can,” the younger whispered into the top of Jimin’s head.

“You aren’t going to lose me Tae. I will always be here,” Jimin said, squeezing his friend’s waist in reassurance.

“You’re right, but if you get your way, we won’t be able to do this anymore,” the lilac haired boy said, pulling away slightly and placing a chaste kiss on Jimin’s lips. The older boy sighed and placed a responding kiss on his friend’s lips. “I know, Taehyung. I know. But you will find someone to take my place soon. I promise. For now, we can enjoy what we can, but not for much longer. But you know that,” he sighed, laying his head back on his friend’s shoulder.

“Ok,” Taehyung exclaimed, pulling away and clapping his hands together. “Let’s get out of this funk and go dance,” he said before placing on last kiss on Jimin’s lips.


“Appa! Appa! Ring Ling!” cried Areum, tugging at her father’s pant leg. The mismatched family were making their way toward the manmade beach by the pond in the middle of the school. That is, until loud music suddenly broke the peaceful silence of the plaza. The opening notes of Taeyang’s Ringa Linga blared throughout the courtyard. The few notes were the only thing that Areum needed to recognize the song; it was, after all, her favorite song sung by a male. Yoongi was forced to follow as his daughter drug him by the pant leg toward where the music was coming from. Namjoon and Seokjin not far behind the young father. The duo reached the music’s origin just as the three dancers were doing the first set of body rolls. Yoongi had no idea who they were, thanks to the bandanas that covered their faces, but he had to admit, they were ing hot dancing like that.

The blonde father couldn’t help his chuckle as he saw his daughter attempt to follow the complicated choreography. For a 2 year old, she wasn’t doing too badly. The dancer who appeared to be the main dancer took notice of the little girl. He danced his way over to her just as the chorus of the song started. The little girl squealed in joy and followed her close up guide, swinging her arms to the choreography. The two continued dancing, facing each other, the two year old giggling and the unknown male laughing softly with her. Yoongi couldn’t help the smile on his face. His daughter was so charismatic and made everyone fall in love with her. If only her mother could have as well, he thought with a sad smile. His thoughts were broken when he noticed the song changed from Ringa Linga to Eyes, Nose, Lips and the two “backup” dancers stopped to take a drink of water.

When they pulled their bandanas down, Yoongi was able to see what the two looked like. The slightly taller of the two had jet black, shaggy hair and dark brown eyes. He had a sharp jawline and a nose that fit his face well. He was wearing black skinny jeans and an oversized black hoodie with black tennis shoes, snapback, and bandana as accessories. Personally, Yoongi thought the man’s outfit was ridiculous, but who was he to judge. He himself was wearing black skinny jeans and a t-shirt, despite the 90 degree weather.

The other man, who was only slightly shorter (but still taller than Yoongi), had light purple colored hair that was parted to one side. His eyes were large, but his boxy smile took up majority of his face. He was wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt, a light blue denim jacket and bright white sneakers. The bandana hanging around his neck seemed out of place, but Yoongi didn’t question it. His attention was brought back to the main dancer as he heard his daughter giggle extra loudly.

The sight before him caused him to be taken aback. The man was showing Areum a step-by-step version of simpler moves to Ringa Linga. The little girl giggled when she was doing it wrong and the man held her arms and moved them to the right positions. The action isn’t what caught the father off-guard though. It was who the man was; Jimin.

Said man looked at the blonde, whose mouth was agape slightly with shock. The younger man was smiling when he looked at the elder and his smile only grew wider when he realized who it was; eyes crinkling into crescent moons under his brow.

“You must be Areum,” Yoongi heard the boy say to his daughter. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and walked over to his daughter. He knelt down beside her and whispered in her ear, “This is appa’s friend from last night.” The man watched, amused, as his daughter’s face lit up with joy. She jumped into the younger boy, wrapping her hands around his neck in as tight of an embrace that she could manage. The man giggled along with the little girl as he returned the embrace.

“Nice to meet you Areum,” he said as he pulled back to look at the little girl. “My name is Jimin.”

“Chimchim?” she tried.

“No, Areu—“ Yoongi was cut off before he could correct his daughter. “Ne, Chimchim,” Jimin said, nodding his head as the little girl giggled again. He looked past the little girl’s shoulder and locked eyes with Yoongi. He could see the happiness in the elder’s eyes. Jimin decided he liked the way Yoongi was looking at him, and he silently vowed he would make his hyung always look at him that way. 


I am sooooo sorry about the long wait for this chapter. I struggled a lot with it because I didn't know exactly where I wanted this chapter to go. It is more of a filler/connecter chapter for me. It was a necessary chapter, but I couldn't figure out how to introduce the information that I needed to. Anywho, I hope you all enjoy this chapter despite it being longawaited and kinda short.

OH. I created a thing. It isn't necessary for you guys to look at, but if you are interested in my inspiration and pictures that accompany the story, you can check it out. I made a Tumblr blog where I post edits of the characters and pictures of outfits, settings, etc. You can click here to check it out.

I love you all and can't wait to get more down on paper for you lovely people

xoxo