3: What is Going On?

The King's Game

As Baekhyun entered the classroom in the morning, he saw everyone from small groups chattering about the text message they have received. “Hey, Chanyeol, what's happening?” Chanyeol gives Baekhyun a warm welcoming hug, “Nothing much, just talking about who this ‘king’ might be and stuff.” “ohhh I see.” Baekhyun slowly walks to his seat. The day went by fast, without noticing the school bell rings to dismiss the students. “HEY CLASS, dont forget to come back to study, if you do, i'll mark you late!” the teacher reminds them. “Yes teacher.” The class scatters as they follow their after school routine. When they come back to class, they start studying. The silence is broken with a *DING* from all the phones. “If you disobey or try to leave the game by any point, you will face consequences. Your job is to finish the task by 12:00 a.m, if you haven't followed what I said by 12, you will face consequences. Student number 18, student 16’s foot from head to toe.” Suyeong quickly stood up with disbelief. “NO, I'm not anyone’s foot!” Daehyun stood up too, “This is stupid, I am not gonna fall for this stupid joke, IT'S NOT FUNNY!” With both students not willing to participate the class resumed in silence. The bell came back again to dismiss the students. Baekhyun faceplants his face into his bed as he wonders what would happen “the text said there would be consequences, but are these real? Naw just pranks, some immature classmate that wants some fun.” Baekhyun falls into a little nap, until he is alarmed by a *Ding* from his phone “10 more minutes.” Baekhyun looks at his screen, then drops his phone next to him. *Ding* “5 more minutes.” He drops his phone next to his side again, thinking “Ugh, annoying phone, let me rest in peace!” *Ding* *1 more minute.* Finally Baekhyun sits up, tension is built in his chest for some reason. “ahh Baekhyun” he thinks to himself “Don't scare yourself, it's just a prank” *Ding* “Due to the disobedience of student 16 and 18 they will now suffer the consequences that were promised.” *SHARP SCREAM* “WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?” Baekhyun quickly ran to Sae Hyun's house (his neighbor) and knocked violently. “HEY, ANYONE HOME? OPEN UP!” Another scream echoed through the house. Baekhyun continued to knock violently “HEY! OPEN THE DOOR!!” He quickly pulled out his phone and called her cell phone, no one picked up. He called again “Common Saehyun pick up!” he thought to himself, yet no one picked up. He quickly called 911 “Hello 911 emergency” “Hey, I heard a scream from my friend’s house, I need someone to come here quickly, no one is answering the door” “sir, calm down, we will get someone there as soon as possible.”