하은: The Boy

Forgotten Chapters of a Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Bold* = English

*Bold&Italics* = Flashbacks

---

"You..." Your voice doesn't hide the mixture of emotions you currently feel. "Who are you?"

Your eyes sweep his rough-looking facial features; his narrow eyes that had slightly widened at your words, his eyebrows that are furrowed in the middle, the bags underneath his eyes attained from who knows how many sleepless nights... Where had you seen them before?

"I said, jokes are over Song Haeun," he says through gritted teeth.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you pause before hesitantly continuing. "Where have we met before? I admit, you do look a little familiar."

The boy scoffs again.

"Familiar? We went through all that, and now you only tell me I'm a little FAMILIAR?"

He stops as he notices the look on your face. You didn't have an ounce of pretense nor looked as if you were lying.

He takes his hands off the metal locker and stumbles back a little.

"You... You aren't lying."

No. This couldn't possibly be true.

"You weren't lying that day either."

Just then, the bell rings again.

The boy, however, does not move and remains deep in thought as he looks in horror at you, not saying a word more.

You are definitely confused. Though, after deciding that you do not want to be late to class, you start walking away, legs giving the occasional wobble, still shocked by your encounter.

You are halfway down the corridor before you turn your head around to have one last look at the boy.

He was staring at you, a look of desperation in his eyes.

You turn around again and continue your way to your period 2 class.

Who exactly are you, Kim Jiwon?

-

It's lunch break now. Period 2 and 3 had passed by relatively uneventfully. Jiwon had shown up (not surprisingly, to the class) late to 2nd period, earning himself another round of dirty stares and gossip. Other than that, everything was normal.

You rise from your seat, ready to head to the cafeteria, when you spot Jiwon.

His arms were folded on the table and his head was under the wraps of them. After the period of basically nothing but daydreaming (you had spared him a few glances and that was the sight you saw), he had assumed this position once the bell had rung and bows were done.

He sure quietened down.

You walk to the door before you turn back and look at him again.

Isn't he going to eat?

You shake your head before walking in the direction of the cafeteria.

You've always loved lunch. It's when you can see your boyfriend who's in a different grade from you.

As you near the cafeteria, there is a slight skip in your step while you look here and there, searching for the familiar face of your boyfriend.

When your eye catches a handsome figure standing where the plates were, a smile automatically lights your face.

He had just picked up a plate when you reach up and cover his eyes with your two small hands.

"Guess who?" You say in the deepest and gruffiest voice you can muster.

He chuckles before replying.

"Judging by how their voice sounds exactly like an grumpy old man's, it must be none other than my girlfriend!" Jisoo says, amused.

"Correct!" You giggle at his antics.

While making small talk, the two of you get your food and sit down comfortably to begin eating.

"So, how has your first day been so far?" Jisoo says while spooning rice into his mouth.

"Same old, same old," you say while scrunching your nose. You think back to what had actually happened in the morning but decide not to tell him knowing he would get worried. Though you weren't sure how far gossip had already c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter