지원: Him - The Other

Forgotten Chapters of a Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiwon-ah."

Ah ...

"Jiwon-ah!"

The woman's call comes louder this time as the sound of her footsteps gets closer and closer to the boy laying under covers on the ground.

"Jiwon."

5 more minutes please...

The lady's footsteps stop right next to the boy named Kim Jiwon who, presently, still has his face buried in his pillow.

"Yah, how long more are you going to lie there for?"

"5 minutes more, Umma..." The boy repeats the thoughts he had just seconds ago aloud.

"No. Hurry up and get up so you can wash up."

"There's nothing for me to do afterwards anyway," Jiwon groans.

"Nothing to do?! Did you forget today is your first day at your new school?"

.

Yes, so he did.

"Arasseo arasseo, I'll get up soon."

"You better. I don't know what I'll do if you get kicked out of the one school that actually accepted you. Hurry up, Jiwon."

The woman walks away, leaving the sleepy boy to his own.

-

What. The. .

The boy stares increduously at the uniform hanging in the bathroom, ready to be worn after the boy had just taken his morning shower. His eyes follow the tight fitting blazer, shirt and pants, complete with the stiff tie, in horror.

They actually expect me to wear this tight ?

"UMMA," the teenager shouts from the bathroom. "DIDN'T THEY HAVE ANYTHING MY SIZE?"

"I GAVE THEM YOUR SIZE AND THEY GAVE ME THAT SO I'M SURE IT'S YOUR SIZE," the woman calls back in an equally loud voice to reach her son.

You mean everyone at that school wears this tight? Holy .

The boy gives the garments one last dirty look before bitterly putting them on.

it up, Bobby, it won't be long before they kick you out too.

With a sigh, he pulls at the tie one last time before walking out of the washroom.

-

"Ok, one last time Jiwon-ah."

"Umma-" the boy begins before being cut off by the woman.

"No, no, ok, listen one more time, Jiwon," the woman continues. "These people were nice enough to give you a welfare scholarship-"

Jiwon snorts.

Nice my . They just want to wave their ing richness in front of us.

"-so please at least ATTEMPT to behave well, ok?" She finishes.

"Look, Umma, I already told you, I don't want to go to school. I just want to hurry up and work to get money," the boy replies earnestly.

I'm not making enough right now!

However, his mother remains firm.

"Listen, Jiwon-ah. You can go get a job any time in your life but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter