하은: Who...?

Forgotten Chapters of a Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As common courtesy, you prevent yourself fron yawning as you watch the man conducting his welcome speech on stage.

They say the same thing every year, anyway.

It isn't until they are finally closing the ceremony before you give your full attention, eagerly awaiting the time when you get to leave the hall. As soon as you are dismissed, you stand, along with your fellow peers, ready to shuffle to your homerooms.

This isn't your first year here and so you already know the school quite well as you walk with the group of students heading the same way you are until the reduced group floods into the classroom labelled "2-A".

Most faces are familiar, some more than others, who, when their eyes meet yours, mirror the polite smile you have on yourself as they greet you.

You make your way to a spare window-seat and begin staring out the window. Normally, you would make an attempt to socialise more but you're not close enough to anyone in the room for you to begin a conversation.

Your eyes scope the landscape outside the window, focusing on the many trees and flowers, in thought.

I wonder how Jisoo Oppa is doing...

You sigh before turning your head towards the teacher, who had just walked in, and standing up along with the rest of the clsss.

He looks at all of you expectantly before you all bow and greet him.

"You may all sit down."

He smiles before continuing.

"Although you have already heard it many times today, welcome to your 2nd year of high school. I will be your homeroom teacher this year. You may refer to me as Choi Seonsaengnim or Seonsaengnim. I will now take attendance."

Your fingers start tapping your lap as the teacher begins calling out names.

"Kim Daeseok."

The said boy raises his hand and replies.

"Kim Mingyu."

And the list continues until he reaches:

"Kim Jiwon."

The teacher does not receive a response and he looks up.

"Kim Jiwon?"

The man still does not get a reply and looks down again to proceed before the front door of the classroom slides open.

The teacher looks at the boy who had just opened the door, eyes fixed upon his nametag.

"Ahhh Kim Jiwon, how nice of you to join us. Come in," he starts pleasantly before his smile drops. "You're late."

The boy walks in and bows towards the teacher.

"Sorry I-"

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter