Chapter 2: New Arrangements

The Perfect Rivals

Chapter 2: New Arrangements

 

 

 

I was the one who walked out of the President’s Office first followed quietly by the four mysterious guys; I still can’t believe I’m working directly under the President’s orders… how cool is that? I’ve been dreaming becoming an agent and now here I am…. I haven’t graduated yet and now I have a job! More merit to me!! I can’t help feel giddy on the inside; I’m very excited on what cases we’ll work on…

 

“All five of you follow me”-A low voice spoken by a tall old man wearing grandpa glasses (if you know what I mean)… who must be standing by the elevator the whole time…

 

When he got in the elevator… all of us looked at each other…

 

“Well? What are you waiting for? For the crow to go white?”-The old man’s voice in the elevator elevated a bit echoing through the halls which made us comply right away and all of us ride in the elevator…

 

“Some changes will be affective right away…”-The old man says while his back on us

 

“Changes? Such as?”-The guy named Yi Ru, I mean Calvin spoke up while tidying up his tie on a reflection on the elevator shaft…

 

“Living arrangements…”-The old man named Sir Yuan spoke in a low voice as a reply and the elevator doors opened and revealed a huge living room looking…

 

“Wow… Huge..”-The guy named Chun was amazed of the decorates…

 

“This is where you’ll be living, consider this as your official HQ”-The old man

 

“Headquarters? But our stuff in our homes?”-I chimed in into his conversation

 

“Your things have been brought already in your rooms… from your houses no need on going back, as for your families… they have been notified discreetly…”-The old man bowed and smiled a bit to me

 

“All of us? On this same loft?”-The guy named Aaron finally blurted out, I thought he’s a mute

 

“Yes… all five of you…”-The old man raises his brow…

 

“You do remember we have a feminist here… I may not able to contain myself”-Calvin stood beside me smirking and raising his brow, but it didn’t even budge me coz they don’t know who I am back in school, he better not cross the line…

 

“Well, I do not worry the welfare of Ms. Wu… perhaps my worries lies only to the men here… sleep well, a huge day comes…”-The old man bowed to us and went straight to the elevator and rode it back to where he came from…

 

“Okay… don’t know what that means… but…”-Calvin suddenly put his arms around me

 

“Why don’t we take a tour at my room?”-He whispered but before he could even continue blabbing… I hurled him using my elbows at his guts…

 

“Uhh... That was a joke!”-Calvin groans and wraps his arms at his stomach

 

“I don’t do jokes… and I’m not here to baby-sit…”-I raised my brows and put my hands on my hips…

 

“Nice… I can handle that…”-Jiro who seemed to be the bossier looking spoke while grinning…

 

“I can’t do this…”-I started to walk to where my room is, when someone suddenly talked…

 

“Acting bossy?”-Aaron spoke behind me…

 

“And you? Acting careless?”-I retracted

 

“So you think you’re better than us?”-Chun moved forward as if challenging me

 

“No… but if you think it that way, then I must be…”-I smirked at them knowing my abilities are more perhaps better…

 

“Prove it…”-Aaron sat at the edge of the chair’s arm crossing his arms…

 

“Okay…how’d you want to do it?”-I proudly moved forward to him giving my full confidence…

 

“First one who quits this job loses…”-Chun confides…

 

“Let it be said, let it be written…”-I turned my back to them and went straight to the room where my name is on it…

 

“I smell trouble already…”-Calvin who was still half-stricken on his minor injury caused by Gui commented…

 

*************************************************************

 

When I got into my room, everything was arrange neatly… I opened my closet and there it was my clothes neatly folded and hanged as well… as I take off my blazer and threw it on the bed, I saw a shiny black plastic portfolio which says confidential…

 

“Hmmp! Confidential my a***”-I took it and studied the cover first as I sat at my bed and cross my legs… finally rolling off the sealed ribbon on it, I gently opened and saw stapled documents…

 

I took it from the portfolio and raised them at a reading level and flipped through pages and pages and finally smirked to myself…

 

“These are private information of the 4 apes I’m with… so the President wants us to BG check at each other… huh”- I shrug at this childish act that the President put on us… and I assume that each of them has a portfolio containing my private life as well…

 

But giving myself a deep sigh, I know myself I have nothing to hide nor nothing can they read about me; they can use against me…

 

I’m stronger than how I look, let’s see who will quit first…

 

I lift the papers and scattered the respective photos of the documents…

 

“Chen Yi Ru a.k.a Calvin “The Narcissist or Lucifer”

“Wang Dong Cheng a.k.a Jiro “The Don”

“Goh Kiat Chun a.k.a Chun “The Bull”

“Yan Ya Lun a.k.a Aaron “007”

 

“I’ll bury you guys to deepest abyss…”-I laughed evilly… knowing my skills I’l shove them back to where they came from…

 

“I am the only No. 1”-I said quietly before undressing and went to the bathroom take a shower…

 

*************************************************************

Okay is the chapter too serious? Or boring?...

 

Hope not…. =(