Chapter 6: The Test

The Perfect Rivals

Chapter 6: The Test

“Gui! Can you hear me?! Gui! Gui Gui!”-Aaron keeps shouting Gui’s name in an unfortunate event no reply was given…

And all Gui could make out of what happened is the voice of a guy which she still can’t make out what he’s talking only muffled sounds she can hear….

“Oh my God! We are going to die!”- Calvin who is let’s just saying about terrified as it seems…

 

 

“Will you shut up for a minute Calvin?!”-Jiro shouts at Calvin getting irritated at Calvin’s complaining already…

 

Slowly Gui regained consciousness; she tried to shake off the dizziness on her head…

 

“Gui? Are you alright? Can you hear me? Gui?”-Aaron asks so much then as soon as he realize that Gui’s back awake and felt relieved that she seems to be fine

 

“Yeah, I’m fine… dizzy but okay…”-Gui then answers barely…

 

“I don’t think this is a test anymore…”-Chun then comments

 

“You think? It was your fault the first place! If you hadn’t make such boisterous comments! He wouldn’t have pushed that freaking button and Gui wouldn’t be barbequed so... nice going pal!”-Calvin then shouts and bombarded Chun

 

“Hey, hey... stop it, it’s no one’s fault… all we need to do is think how to get out of here first”-Gui then inserts to the conversation, now regaining full consciousness and trying to yank the rope behind her back…

 

“She’s right this yapping won’t solve anything…”-Aaron then joins Gui’s reaction

 

“And what do you suggest smart boy?”-Jiro sarcastically comments while raising his brows…

 

“We only need timing…”-Gui says while staring at Aaron intently

 

“Huh?”-Calvin confusingly asks…

 

Aaron studies the room intently taking in the things surrounding the room, empty boxes, broken glasses from a bottle he assume… woods, it’s like an old storage room being abandoned…

 

And while they were quiet thinking a way out the entrance door creaked again saying that someone is coming in again… and they know that this will be another hell of a ride…

 

“So everyone’s awake…?”-The masked man comes inside the room again, with his two huge goons with him…

 

“Oh, honey… I’m sorry I had to hurt you a bit, you see your friend over there lack respect…”-The masked man leans at Gui while pointing Chun…

 

“So… who do you work for?”-The masked guy asks…

 

No one answered

 

“I know you won’t answer in just one question so I need a persuasion…”-The Masked Guy nodded to the #1 goon and the huge guy approached Chun and threw a right hook on Chun’s face…

 

“Ah!”-Chun winced at the pain…and it visibly shows the bruise..

 

“Hey!!”-Jiro reacts yanking the chair…

 

“Woof! That’s gotta hurt”-The Masked Guy laughed menacingly… then nods again to his goon and this time he throws punch by punch on Chun’s face and body so much he’s spitting blood already…

 

“Stop it!”-Calvin pleads shouting…

 

“Please just stop!”-Gui asks one more time

 

The Masked Guy raises his finger making the goon stop beating Chun…

 

“Yes? You were about to say something sweetheart?”-The Masked Guy asks Gui, Gui stares the beaten Chun and hears the shallow breathing…

 

“We don’t know what you’re saying… we’re just regular students… that’s all”-Gui answers the Masked Guy…

 

“Huh...hmm... okay...”-The Masked Guy turned around and abruptly slaps Gui so hard that she fell with the chair to the ground which made the bucket of water spill all over the floor…

 

“All I ask is that who are you working for?!!!! Is it that hard?!!!”-The Masked Guy shouts at Gui and the orders #2 goon to pick her up…

 

“Gui!”-Aaron shouts abruptly making fists to the chair he is tied to…

 

“Are you that coward?”-Aaron coldly says while eyeing the now bruised Gui…

 

“What did you say?? Me a coward?”-The Masked Guy now giving his attention to Aaron

 

“Yes, you... Hitting a girl knowing you don’t have the man in you to fight a size like you…. A coward!”-Aaron insults the Masked Guy which now earns Aaron a left hook to his face and a punch top his stomach which made him groan and fell with the chair to the ground as well.. Goon #2 picked him up as well…

 

“Let’s see if you can say that when you jaw is broken...”-The Masked Guy says in a threatening pose…

 

“I’ll be back to ask you again, and when I come back the two of you will be next”-The Masked Guy points and look at Calvin and Jiro…

 

As soon as the Masked Guy left the room…

 

“Now, let’ see if you can still lie if I beat the truth out of you”-Goon #2 threatens

 

“And as for you I’ll make a rotten vegetable”-Goon #1 confidently says

 

“Hey, Jiro… I may look useless you know”-Calvin laughs hysterically

 

“What? Are you going crazy now?’-Jiro answers

 

“You see you cannot judge the a book by it’s cover only”-Calvin says wickedly

 

“Stupid boy..”-Goon #2 says “Anything you’d like to say first sweetheart?”-Goon #2 leans at Gui

 

“Yes a matter of fact I do…”-Gui says while staring at her knees not looking up…

 

“Come closer…”-Gui

 

“What?”-Goon #2 leans more

“Timing is always everything….”-Gui says it softly… and with that a…

 

Click! The lock of the chains in Calvin’s hands taken off using a pin inserted on his suit, and with that Gui head-butted the Goon #2 and punches it’s face and esophagus where the air enters rendering the Goon#2 unconscious…. Gui was able to free herself from the ropes… because

 

Flashback

 

“Huh...hmm... okay...”-The Masked Guy turned around and abruptly slaps Gui so hard that she fell with the chair to the ground which made the bucket of water spill all over the floor…

 

(Gui took a broken glass hid it well on her hands and slowly cuts the rope while the Masked Guy got distracted by Aaron’s Insult)

 

 

 

Back to the Present

 

While Gui’s busy taking out Goon #2 at the same time Aaron was busy taking out Goon#1, Aaron was able to free his hands and was able to to take out the enemy in one blow… how was he able to free himself? I’m sure you have an idea…

 

Flashback

 

“Are you that coward?”-Aaron coldly says while eyeing the now bruised Gui…

 

“What did you say?? Me a coward?”-The Masked Guy now giving his attention to Aaron

 

“Yes, you... Hitting a girl knowing you don’t have the man in you to fight someone in your size…. A coward!”-Aaron insults the Masked Guy which now earns Aaron a left hook to his face and a punch top his stomach which made him groan and fell with the chair to the ground as well.. Goon #2 picked him up as well…

 

(When Aaron fell to the ground same as Gui he took the opportunity to clasp a broken glass and hid it to his hand and use it at his own discretion)

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Back to the Present

 

After both Goons were taken out, Calvin who was able to free himself helped Chun take off the chain on his leg using the same pin he used to free himself, and when Gui and Aaron were done cutting the rope that’s binding their legs, they helped Jiro as well from where he was tied…

 

“Why do you have pin on you suit?”-Chun who can even barely talk has a time to ask about the pin…

 

“Seriously? You have time to ask for that?”-Calvin asks while helping Chun stand up and carry him on one arm...

 

Chun just stares at Calvin as a response…

“Okay… well, you see when I was a teenager my parents are pretty strict on curfew so…”-Calvin was cut off on his explanation…

 

“So learned to pick locks to sneak out?”-Chun asks and Calvin nods

“Cool childhood memory… hehehehe”-Chun chuckles

 

“Let’s go…”-Jiro says as he also help carry Chun by the arm with Calvin…

 

As Gui and Aaron led the way they both listened first to any noises outside the hall, when they realize it’s quiet they both slowly opened the door and inspect outside first…

 

“We’re all clear… let’s go…”-Gui says as she goes outside first…

 

As they past different sections of corridors they saw a glass room down the hall and saw the Masked Guy alone…

 

Both Aaron and Gui stared at each other for a moment and then both nodded silently in agreement… as they approached the room, the Masked Guy somehow expected their arrival and confronted them…

 

Aaron throws a swing punch to the enemy but he was able to avoid it, Gui uses her high Kick but the enemy was also able to counter it…

 

The Masked Guy grabs Gui and throws her to the other side of the room, Calvin, Jiro, Chun doesn’t know anything what to do… out of frustration and seeing his teammates in trouble, Jiro let’s go Chun’s arm and helped his friends… so the odds are 3 out of 1 which gave them an upper hand.

 

As they do the hand to hand combat the Masked Guy was no match for Jiro’s strength and agility especially from his set of skill he got through training at the academy…

 

As they we’re able to subdue the enemy, Gui grab a gun that was hidden at the desk and points at the Masked Guy… the Masked Guy raises his hand as surrender..

 

“Now… I’m going to ask you the same question you ask me…”-Gui says stuttering and still panting…

 

“Who.do.you.work.for?”-Gui asks while breathing heavily…

 

“Answer me!!!”-Gui yells at the Masked Guy cocking the gun…

 

“Aaron take off the mask”-Gui asks Aaron

 

Aaron nods and slowly approaches the Masked Guy…

 

“Now, let’s see who the man behind the ugly mask is”-Calvin comments, as Aaron took off the Mask, the whole room is filled immediately by awe and shock…

 

“You???!!!”-All of the Team says it in unison….

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note: I know you guys must be angry at me not updating frequently, I really apologies… I’ve been caught up so much in work… and had to catch up a lot… hope you’ll understand..

Also please leave a comment~~~ whether it’s positive or you can also tell me on what areas of my writing I can improve on…

Xoxo love lots!!!

Xie Xie!!!

Still staying as Humble-Goody2shoes