Chapter 5: Trust Issues

The Perfect Rivals

Chapter 5: Trust Issues

The room is dark, humid as well… according to the shadows moving in the blurry background I’m seeing, there are other people in the room, I wanted to move but my hands are tied somehow into a chair. And across me I can only make out a long brown hair girl still unconscious, must be because of the hit she took earlier from the back…

As I try to blink multiple times, I can now somehow make out the clear image of the room, the girl across me is no other than Gui Gui, head dangling on the side of the chair she is tied to and not only that I can see her shoes are gone and her feet being submerged into a bucket of water… what is this?, as I look around I see the others… Chun unconscious to the ground hands tied together and one leg being chained to the ground…

Calvin, on the other; arms spread, each hand chained to the wall… and the other Jiro tied to chair similar to mine…

“-These are the thoughts running in Aaron’s mind as he wake up from the knocked out event earlier, and found himself and the others captive…-Author.”

“Psst! Guys! Wake up!”-Aaron tried to blink again somehow his eyes felt teary and itchy, and tried to speak to the others as quietly as possible…

“Whoa—What?”-Calvin somehow heard Aaron first and woke up then tried to take off the chains only to create lots of noise from it’s clinging…

“Hey! Stop that!”-Jiro woke up already as well… cursing Calvin to be quiet

“Are we being kidnapped?”-Chun commented as he try to bite the rope being wrapped at his hands but no win from it….

“Gui! Wake up, can you hear me?”-Aaron averted his attention to the still unconscious girl across him… “Gui! Please wake up, tell me your okay… hey…”-Aaron now panicking, which made the others wide eye and helplessly hoping that the girl is not harmed in any way… then a movement made them sigh in relief…

“What--- What? Where are we?”-Gui blinked multiple times as she try to sit up straight

“Oh, thank God you’re alright…”-Jiro then chimes in as soon as he noticed Gui’s okay

“And why are my feet in a bucket?”-Gui then notices her feet in the bucket while furrowing her brows even more…

“Wheew! We’re not being kidnapped, I guess this is a test”-Aaron then speaks after he confirmed Gui’s fine already…

“Test? Like an exam?”-Calvin then tilts his head

“Poor child, now I wonder even more how you qualified to be with us… tssk2x”-Chun shakes his head while making sarcastic sounds…. “Not an exam smart oaf, a challenge”. Chun finishes his remark.

 

“Challenge for what?”-Gui then tilts her head then stares at Aaron then to the other guys in the room…

A loud clank from outside was heard before the huge metal door opened before them…

“Very good question Miss”-A masked man wearing slick black pants top with open button cotton white shirt… then without warning one of the two goons with the masked guy the breakers switch and the blasting lights went on, and for a few seconds the room was filled with blinding light…

“Sorry bout that, I just think it’s much better for you to see on a much clearer background huh?”-The masked man smiled a lot throwing dagger eyes to Aaron then passing to Chun, Calvin and Jiro… then as he laid eyes on Gui Gui.

“Obviously you are the only flower among the thorns huh?”-He then comes closer to Gui and takes off the band around Gui’s hair… “There, you’ll look more exquisite when your hair is down…”-He then smiles to her even more which made Gui tremble and wide eye…

“Get away from her…”-Aaron then abruptly speaks out, obviously got irritated about the scene that’s happening…

“Yeah, why don’t you pick someone your own size…”-Calvin boastfully remarks

“Really? Like… you?”-The masked man straightened his collar and smirks to Calvin throwing more dagger stares

“What- I – did not say it’s me, did I? I mean.. Jiro”-Calvin then scoffs and stutters along the way

“Which one of you is Jiro then…?”-The masked guy looks around the last two guys that hadn’t made any comment…

“Here, you punk…”-Jiro then speaks up making fists and mockingly scoffs to the masked guy….

“Don’t pretend you don’t know us… I’m pretty sure this is a test”-Chun then unknowingly mocks the masked guy

“You think I’m playing, am i?”-The masked guy lightly scratches his brows… “The funny thing about this object it looks small but when you press the button it releases a overwhelming electric surge from that breaker there, to the chair being connected to….”-The mask guy took out a small mobile phone look-alike from his pocket then grins while pointing randomly to the team…

“To you… little Miss Muppet here…”-He then ends up pointing at Gui… “Hence, the bucket full of water with your feet in it…”-He then kneels down beside Gui.

 

“You have got to be kidding me here…”-Aaron shakes his head

“You think I’m just bluffing and that I won’t push this button here?! Don’t underestimate me Mr. Yan!”-The mask guy stood up abruptly… now Gui Gui’s expression is clearly saying she’s terrified already, but Aaron thought otherwise, thinking everything is staged and that nothing will happen… without warning, the masked guy pushed the button and a crackling sound from the walls then the lights fluctuating… then.

“Ahh!!!!”-A deafening scream from Gui then the masked guy pulled his thumb away from the button and Gui’s state was horrible in just a couple of seconds her lips went little bit purple…

“You!!! Son of a ---!”-Aaron screamed from the top of his lungs

“AH! I’d choose my words carefully before I speak, or else Miss Muppet will get another round from me again...”-The masked guy laughing menacingly, due to the threat Aaron couldn’t say anything nor do anything from the situation…

“Oh My God! Gui! Gui Gui! Are you alright!”-Calvin shouted at Gui but no reply the girl fell into unconscious…

“I promise, when I get out of here, I’ll break your nose and wipe that stupid grin out of your face before I’ll kill you myself!”-Jiro then cursed by shouting to the masked guy

“That is if you will be able to get out of here alive… all of you…”-The masked guy grinning again at them

“Well, good night I need to attend an important meeting, don’t worry we’ll have much more fun when I get back…”-The masked guy then flip the device he used earlier then catch it and slid it back to his pockets before laughing as he signaled the two other goons to lock them up…

As the bad guys leave, silence fell through the whole room, all eyes to the girl who just suffered a terrible ordeal….

“We’re dead are we?”-Chun then slumps his back to the ground staring at the ceiling…

“No we are not…”-Aaron commented right away…

“Gui! Can you hear me?! Gui! Gui Gui!”-Aaron keeps shouting Gui’s name in unfortunate event no reply was given…

And all Gui could make out of what happened is the voice a guy which she still can’t make out what he’s talking only muffled sounds she can hear….

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note: Okay you guys! What do you think…? I only have a couple of subscribers on this Fic… don’t you guys like the story… just reply if you still want me to update this Fic or leave it on Hiatus okay???

Xoxo love lots!!!