Chapter 5

A 50-Day Memory

 

The hints are already made. Solve it after you read the story :)

The next chapter would be the last . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

35th Day

Jaejoong and Yunho are in the mall. They’re looking for a phone for Jaejoong. Then he came into an electronic store and Jaejoong saw the phone he liked. Yunho bought it for him.

“Jae, you should give your number to Yoochun and Junsu”

“Sure! I’ll give it to them when we got back”

“Do you wanna buy other things?”

“I want to buy a book!”

“What book?”

“I don’t know, that’s why I’m going to the bookstore to search. Do you wanna join?”

“Well, I’ll be in the store next to it”

“If I’m done, I’m going to go there okay?”

“Okay, jae”

Then Jaejoong and Yunho go separate ways. Jaejoong looked at the books on the bookstore. The bookstore was crowded. Next to the shelf there is a door to the storeroom. Someone suddenly came out from there and pulled Jaejoong to the room. It was dark and there were a lot of dusty boxes.

“You are Kim Jaejoong, right?”

“Wh…who are you!?”

“You don’t need to know me… Anyway, I want you to break up with Yunho!”

“Why should I? I love him!!”

“Love? You don’t know what love is! I’ve been in love with Yunho for years but he never noticed my feelings. Well, I’m tired of waiting!”

“Let me go!!”

“I give you 2 weeks to break up with him. If you don’t, I will make you suffer!”

Then, that person let go of Jaejoong, goes back and vanished.

‘Where did that person go?’ Jaejoong thought. Then, Jaejoong ran quickly and got out from the storeroom. His intention to buy some books has disappeared and he went to Yunho.

“Yunnie, are you done?”

“Did you find any book?”

“Nothing’s interesting”

“Let’s go home then”

“But Yunnie, you’re still looking around.”

“I have no intention to buy anything, so let’s go…”

Then Yunho and Jaejoong walk home and passed Master Voldemin’s shop.

“Oh, it’s Master Voldemin’s shop!” Jaejoong said

“You’ve been here?”

“Yeah! Do you wanna come in here?”

“Sure”

They come in but his assistant was not there.

“Hello? Master Voldemin?”

“Well, hello… Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho” Master Voldemin appeared behind them.

“Since when you know our names?” Yunho asked

“From the second you step into my shop”

“That’s cool!” Jaejoong said with glittering eyes.

“Well, thank you” Master Voldemin bowed to Jaejoong and Yunho.

“You want to get your fortunes told?”

“Yeah!” Jaejoong said enthusiastically

“Then follow me” Master Voldemin smirked

Master Voldemin brought them to a square room.

“Master Voldemin, how many rooms do you have?” Yunho asked

“I have lots, but it’s hidden… ohohoho…. Now, take one stick” Master Voldemin let out a circle case. Then Jaejoong and Yunho took one each.

“Show me your stick please… Oh, how sweet… you got the same stick…”

“What does it mean?”

“It means that you really love each other and you’re compatible. But be careful, sometimes the person we trust is not a person we thought they would be… You will face an obstacle and you will finish it together…”

“Thank you, Master Voldemin”

“Anyway, Jaejoong, do you still have the clock I gave you?”

“Yes I still do”

“Does it move?”

“Yeah…”

“According to that clock, what time is it?”

“12”

“Ohohoho… I see… Remember my message… Take care of the clock”

36th Day

Ring, Ring

“Hello?” Jaejoong said

“Jae, it’s Junsu! Do you want to watch a movie together with me and Yoochun?”

“Sure! Where?”

“On Rising Sun Cinema”

“Okay, I’ll see you there”

Jaejoong hung up

[10 minutes later]

“Hey Jae!” Junsu waved at Jaejoong.

“Hi, Jaejoong” Yoochun said

“So what do you guys want to watch?” Junsu asked both of them.

“I want action genre” Yoochun answered

“I want a cute movie!” Jaejoong answered

“Well, it seems we have different taste in movies. Well, I need some horror. So let’s do rock paper scissors!”

They do it and the winner is…

“Yay! I won! Hahaha!” Junsu said

Jaejoong and Yoochun just sighed at Junsu weirdness. Then they bought the tickets and they watched the movie. The title is The Ring. Jaejoong covered his eyes and Yoochun just look away because he’s not into horror, while Junsu looked at the screen happily.

“Wow, that was fun!” Junsu said

“Uh… hahaha” Yoochun and Jaejoong laugh awkwardly.

“Well, I have to meet my parents, so bye” Yoochun said to Junsu and Jaejoong.

“Junsu, I need your help…”

“Sure, what’s wrong?”

“Someone told me to break up with Yunho a few days ago”

“What? Who?”

“I don’t know… But what should I do? He said that he would hurt me”

“Well, I think it’s the best that you talked about this with Yunho… Maybe Yunho knows the person who threatened you?”

“That is possible, but…”

“Anyway, Jae, you should think about it wisely… Oh! Jae, I need to go, my mom asked my to buy cakes for her! Do you want to join?”

“No thanks Junsu, I’ll go home”

“Be careful Jae!” Junsu shouted at Jaejoong while walking away to the opposite direction.

37th Day

[9 AM]

Yunho went to work at 7 AM so now Jaejoong is alone at the apartment. He wanted to look for a job, but who wants to hire someone like him who is not clear in educational & family background?

Ding Dong

Jaejoong rushed to the door and opened it.

“Um, Is this where Kim Jaejoong lives?”

“Yes, I am Kim Jaejoong”

“Mr. Kim, there’s a package for you”

“Who sent this?”

“The sender don’t want you to know his/her identity”

“Well, okay.”

“Please sign here” The mailman gave a paper and a pen.

“Thanks”

“Your welcome”

Then Jaejoong came back into the apartment. He opened the package. It was filled with death threats and hate letters full of bad and impolite words addressed to him and his family. There are also a lot of his photos which was drawn (Author’s Note: You know, when someone hate someone they drawn bad things on the person’s face, etc.) When he looked deeper, there is a dead rat’s body. Jaejoong screamed because he was surprised. Jaejoong was sad because of this and he put all the stuff back to the box and threw it out.

[12 AM]

Because Jaejoong was bored, he came to the bookstore near the apartment. He bought a book and read it. The boo ending was so sad, the male & female character met each other, fell in love, turns out they’re siblings and the guy died and the girl is depressed. Jaejoong cried a lot because of the book and the package earlier. Then he watched the TV and a sad drama is playing. He watched it and cried, again.

[3 PM]

Yunho came home from work and he saw Jaejoong’s eyes are red and puffy.

“What’s wrong Boo? Were you crying?”

“Yes… Because of the book I bought and a drama I watched this afternoon…” Actually there is one more reason but Jaejoong didn’t want to tell Yunho.

[40th Day]

The hate mail and stuffs were sent everyday (Since the 37th Day). This made Jaejoong depressed. ‘Does this person have nothing to do than bothering me?’ Jaejoong thought. Then, Jaejoong went to the supermarket to buy household needs. When he was walking, a car passed and opened its door and pull Jaejoong in. There were 4 people in the car and one of them covered Jaejoong’s mouth and nose with a handkerchief smelled like chloroform. Then Jaejoong passed out.

In the afternoon, Yunho receive a call.

“Are you Jung Yunho?”

“Yes I am”

“Come to XXX warehouse located on XXX Street tonight”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you don’t want your lover to get hurt, don’t you?”

“You kidnapped him?”

“What else? Idiot…”

“Why are you doing this? Who are you?”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

So who is the murderer? Junsu, Yoochun or Changmin(Master Voldemin)? For this hint, Master Voldemin will be using his real name, Changmin.

Hints for the murderer:

1. Appeared somewhere in the chapter

2. 35th Day’s last word’s first letter.

3. The second thing the mailman gave to Jaejoong. Third letter.

4. The genre of the movie they watch. First letter.

5. The 27th line on the 36th Day. Last word. Say it again and again

6. The murderer threatened Jaejoong and said that he will ____________ (Check 35th Day). The last word’s second letter.

It will all be explained on the next chapter :)

 

Hints are fun, aren't they?

So. . . Who is the murderer?