Chapter 04.

Only Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How is school so far for you Mingyu?" Jisoo asked as he was walking beside the latter. It has been two months since school started and so far, things have been going up and down for the two due to a lot of assignments being assigned and speeches they have to do.

“Hmm, it’s okay. I’ve met new people and became friends with them.” Mingyu answered his Hyung back and added, “What about you hyung? How have you been doing with all of your classes? Being in the third year you are now”

“Ah, same as always Mingyu. Classes here and there, assignments, projects, speeches then at home, my parents are always the same. Nothing new” Jisoo sighed. He liked his life, he knew that but as the strictness of his parents grew, he is now questioning his life – heck he should’ve questioned himself back in high school but he can’t do anything about it now.

Mingyu saw that Jisoo had a face that he was thinking about things deeply, “Hyung you’re not okay. Tell me?” This is what Jisoo loved about Mingyu. Instead of people asking him if he was okay, Mingyu was different from the others. He would ask directly without going through all the unnecessary questions. “Something is wrong, what is it hyung?” Jisoo looked up at Mingyu and said, “I wish I could’ve went to another school. Maybe went back to America with my grandpa and grandma you know? I feel like in here, my neck is always gripped tightly by my parents. I’m scared for my younger brother Jae because my parents are already showing signs that they’re going to do the same thing to him like what they did to me” he went on and on with his problem and Mingyu listened.

It was already lunch time and the two men sat at a table together, pulling out their handmade lunches from morning. “Hyung, I know it’s hard for you but you have to be strong for yourself and Jae. Didn’t you promise yourself that once you finish college, you would go back to America and you’ll bring your brother back with you?” Mingyu said sadly as he reminisced the time Jisoo told him this plan of his. “Yah! Don’t be sad!” The older one flicked the latter’s forehead “Are you thinking that I’m going to leave you alone? Here in Korea?”

Mingyu nodded while picking a grain of rice from the huge pile of rice he had on his lunchbox. “Yah yah yah! Don’t think that way! What major are you studying right now?” and Mingyu replied with, “Nursing..but what does that have to do with –“

“and what am I studying right now?”

“nursing also…”

“okay, then good right? Let’s do well in our major and if we achieve our dream, we’ll both apply for US together. Sounds like a good plan, hmm?”

Mingyu formed a smile, “you’re right hyung!! Let’s do well!!! For Jae and Miho!”

“That’s the Kim Mingyu I know!” now Jisoo was smiling with him.

“Anyways hyung… let’s stop talking about our Major. We’re already in school and we talk about this? Haha” Mingyu laughed and continued, “So…. Hyung, I need an advice. I saw this guy and I think I’ve fallen for him. What do I do?” Mingyu kept stuffing his mouth with food because he couldn’t help doing this while talking about something so nerve-wracking.

“Who?” Jisoo took a bite of his appetizer, “tell me more?”

“Some guy hyung. I don’t know, I feel like we’ve seen him somewhere before but I don’t remember at all!!!”

“Calm down Mingyu. We’re at the cafeteria, talk a little or else people would hear our conversation” Jisoo spoke up.

“Aiee~ sorry..”

“No no, don’t apologize. Anyways, what’s your plan?” the older asked.

“Well..”

“Well…. Mingyu?”

“I followed him…” The older looked up at the younger and suddenly semi-shouted, “Yah!!!! Why’d you do that?”

Everyone then in the cafeteria looked at the two with questioning eyes and weird whispering. Mingyu giggled and whispered to Jisoo, “Who needs to quiet down now?”

“Shh! You know what I mean!!” Jisoo face palmed himself. “Anyways, why did you do that???” he continued.

“He was so pretty hyung, I couldn’t help myself!!” the younger’s eyes glistened under the ceiling light bulb. “I followed him…” Mingyu looked at the older again and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter