Aggressive

Pure Hate Mail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin stared at the letter in his hand with curiosity. It had been pushed into his hands earlier that morning by Minseok with no information other than ‘new fan mail’. Jongin received fan mail on a regular basis. Well, he used to. He hadn’t gotten a letter delivered to him in quite some time. The thought of reading a fan’s uplifting words wasn’t a nauseating as it used to seem, and he was ripping open the letter in no time. His smile faded, however, when he read the first line.

 

To whom it may concern, I was shocked and appalled by the lack of direction your company and its employees seems to have. Your continuation to affiliate yourself with someone as vile and unapologetic as Kim Jongin only stands to show that you , yourself, condone his behaviour. It will be my great pleasure to alert everyone in know of your establishment to boycott this great disservice you have brought onto our great city and society. I do hope that you choose your employees with more consciousness next time.

Sincerely, D.O., OSH

 

Jongin let the letter crumple in his hands before tossing it in the nearest trashcan. Someone had taken the time to manually write and mail a letter just to condemn KDJ for hiring Jongin. It didn’t take long for a familiar lump to appear in his throat. It seemed despite his best efforts, there was no way for Jongin to redeem himself. Most of his loyal fans stopped tweeting him or about him. His fan base was a ghost town. He was used to the silence among the people who once couldn’t shut up about him, but no one had gone as far as to write a letter saying how much they didn’t like him. Although he knew that was the case, seeing it written down with such finality made his steadfast iron wall of emotions falter.

 

He quickly wiped a tear away from his eye before it fell. He knew feeling sorry for himself would get him nowhere. He needed to change people’s minds about him and the people his failing reputation had affected. The only thing he knew to do was to work toward a mission already in progress. He had somewhat of an agreement to cooperate from Kyungsoo, and he was going to run with it. If Kyungsoo wanted him to be charming, he would be charming. He would be anything Kyungsoo needed him to be. He didn’t want to think about what cosmic phenomenon was to blame for making his lively hood revolve around someone he’d only met twice. He didn’t want to think about anything that didn’t involve getting his life and his family back.

 

 

“What if we make this one a bit more aggressive? Like, the previous one was a warning shot, and now we’re shooting to kill.” Kyungsoo had his face almost plastered to his computer screen. He, Luhan, and Sehun had decided to make the top floor of a failing library their plot zone. Kyungsoo was focused on the second in a long series of letters, and Luhan was playing an objectively inappropriate game of ‘how many different ways can I make sitting in Sehun’s lap look ually explicit’. Sehun was mildly helpful when he wasn’t answering Luhan’s idiotic pickup lines with logical explanations and answers.

 

“I think a more aggressive approach wouldn’t do too much harm. Luhan, what do you think?” Sehun seemed to not mind the fact that Luhan had his slender legs wrapped around the paralyzed boy’s waist, his calves resting on the back arms of the chair.

 

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun’s neck and peered directly into Sehun’s eyes as he answered. “I’d like it if you were a lot more aggressive.”

 

There was a pause in the air as Sehun seemed to ponder what Luhan said. Kyungsoo slid to the edge of his seat as he watched the situation play out. He was more than excited to witness Sehun finally realizing that Luhan had been hitting on him this whole time. Luhan had one eyebrow raised in anticipation as Sehun opened his mouth to speak.

 

“So if Luhan agrees as well, I think we can definitely take a more aggressive approach. Maybe even throw some angry remarks?” Sehun wasn’t trying t be funny, but Kyungsoo burst out laughing anyway. The confused and offended look on Luhan’s face only made him laugh l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter