Anything

Pure Hate Mail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, after the introduction, what should I put?” Kyungsoo found it to be both a good and bad idea to call Luhan for help. While they’d spent a lot of time getting things done, Kyungsoo spent a lot of time watching Luhan not-so-subtly hit on Sehun.

”So, can this wheelchair go fast and rough, or do you prefer it slow?” Kyungsoo could hear the salacious wink in Luhan’s voice.

”If I’m in a hurry, I guess I go pretty fast.” Sehun was so oblivious it was painful.

”Well...what if I’m not in a hurry, but I want it slow and rough?”

”You mean...like going over an unpaved road? That might hurt after a while.”

”What if I like for it to hurt?” Kyungsoo almost choked on air.

”Luhan, stop.. He has no idea what you’re talking about.” When Kyungsoo turned around, he saw that Luhan had somehow managed to climb onto Sehun’s lap in the chair. It was almost entertaining, watching how Luhan’s weirdly erted seduction techniques seemed to always work in his favor, but he had a goal in mind. With Luhan’s help, they had managed to construct a very short, but to-the-point letter. He was almost proud of it, like it was a child he’d birthed into the world. A cruel child. An assassin child.

 

To whom it may concern,

I was shocked and appalled by the lack of direction your company and its employees seem to have. Your continuation to affiliate yourself with someone as vile and unapologetic as Kim Jongin only stands to show that you, yourself, condone his behaviour. It will be my great pleasure to alert everyone in know of your establishment to boycott this great disservice you have brought onto our great city and society. I do hope that you choose your employees with more consciousness next time.

 

Sincerely,

D.O., OSH

 

It was perfect. It was actually, factually perfect. Also, thanks to Luhan and Sehun, it was grammatically correct. They had decided to both use pen names instead of their actual names, for obvious reasons. Also, as per Luhan’s suggestion, they were going to use a ghost return address so that the letters couldn’t be traced to them.

 

“Kyungsoo, are you deaf, or do you just hate answering phone calls?” Luhan’s voice seemed to cut Kyungsoo’s inner self-praise. He hadn’t noticed it before, but his phone had been ringing on and off for the better part of five minutes. He didn’t spare Luhan a reply, opting to just answer his steadily ringing phone.

 

“Hello?” There was a relieved sigh on the other end of the phone.

 

“Yes, is this Do Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo removed the phone from his ear to check the caller ID, only to find that it was unlisted.

”Yes, this is he. May I ask who is calling?”

”Congratulations, Do Kyungsoo! My name is Kim Jongdae, the owner and founder of KDJ entertainment. I’m just calling you to personally tell you that your wildest dreams are about to come true. Are you sitting down, kid?” The man’s voice sounded too animated, like Kyungsoo was talking to a commercial with the volume on blast. At the mention of Jongin’s company, Kyungsoo’s stomach turned. He couldn’t discern if it was misplaced excitement or disgust.

 

“I’m sorry, but whatever you’re about to offer, I’m going to have to decline.” As soon as the words left Kyungsoo’s mouth, the line went silent. He almost checked to see if the man had hung up.

”You what? Why would you want to do something like that? This is KDJ entertainment, you know. Kim Jongin’s company?”

”Yeah, I know who you are. That’s why I’m declining. I don’t want anything to do with Kim Jongin.” There was another still silence. As soon as the words ‘Kim Jongin’ left Kyungsoo’s mouth, both Luhan and Sehun turned to attention.

”Do you mind if I ask why that is?” The man’s voice sounded strained, like he was speaking through clenched teeth.

 

Luhan came to full attention at the sight of Kyungsoo’s somewhat uncomfortable expression. He’d come to be very familiar with Kyungsoo’s signs of distress over their friendship, but there was one particular expression Kyungsoo made when that distress was caused by Kim Jongin. He motioned for Kyungsoo to move closer to where he was still perched across the arms of Sehun’s wheelchair. He almost yelped when he felt Sehun snake an arm across his legs, bracing them both, as he turned the wheels of the chair so that they were facing Kyungsoo. There was a small shrug before Kyungsoo put the caller on speaker and leaned in to speak.

 

“I have already met Kim Jongin through one of your so called ‘dream come true’ events, and if anything, it made me dislike him more than I ever initially liked him.” Luhan could see Kyungsoo’s nails digging into his palms.

 

“What exactly happened during this event? I must say, Kyungsoo, I saw the photos. It seemed as though you a superb time.” Luhan would have scoffed at the know-it-all tone the caller seemed to take had he not been on speaker phone. The guy didn’t know anything about his own company, and his information came from a few photos.

 

“I’ll have you know that I spent 30 minutes sitting in a mosquito infested public

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter