scarf

Perfectly Imperfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been two years since she have last been in this house. She heard that they're finally back to Korea after moving to New York because of that incident. She wants to at least see them before she gets married.

 

Jinri took a deep breath as she stared at the same oak tree from two years ago. She knocked on the door and step back a little when she heard it creaked open, “Who is it?” That familiar warm voice asked.

 

She didn't even had the chance to tell her who she was  because she was immediately pulled into that person's arms, “Jinri, dear.” Her voice brought her a lot of memories and she almost choke up.

 

Jongin's mom hugged her so tight, her hands soft on her hair, running it back and forth. She hasn't changed, except the she aged during those two years.

 

After he died his parents immediately moved to the states — they left everything behind. It was a surprised for her that they even came back.

 

“I heard that you're back.” Jinri smiled and hugged her back before pulling away.

 

“You've grown more beautiful each day. How have you been?” Mrs. Kim pulled her inside and asked her to sit and be comfortable.

 

Jinri looked around and the place, his home, it hasn't changed. It never changed. His scarf was still on the piano stool, his car keys shove on the shelf. Every time she turned her head, all she could was traces of him.

 

“This place hasn't changed.” Jinri mumbled softly and she gave Mrs. Kim a small smile.

 

“We just packed up. I think I need renovate this place.” Mrs. Kim looked at her with a sad smile, hoping for her to understand what she's trying to say. Jinri blinked and she lowered her head, she gulped and chew her bottom lip.

 

“It looks like you haven't changed, Jinri.” Mrs. Kim's hand reached for hers and gave it a small squeeze.

 

“What about his stuff?” Jinri looked at her and tears were so closed in dropping from her eyes.

 

“We were planning to donate it to charity.” She could hear the defeat from his mom's voice. Her eyes were sad and Jinri pressed her lips into a thin line before nodding, “But Jinri… you should go to his room. You can take anything that's in there.”

 

Jinri stared at Mrs. Kim's and she gave her a small smile before pulling her into a gentle hug, “Thank you.”

 

~

 

Jinri's hand tremble as she open the door to his room. The room where they both held a lot of memories. She smiled when she saw that everything were still in their places — his jacket was carelessly thrown on a chair.

 

The small bulletin board on his wall that was filled of their photographs, and his calendar that has a circled date with words written, “The day.”

 

She took a deep inhale and she could smell that fresh ocean. Her heart got heavier as memories started to flood her mind, “Jinri?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter