Not So Secret Spot

Temporary Daddy

 

   Step one in plan: Keep The Baby, was to run away. That was complete. Step two would be more difficult. Where could the boys hide until their hyungs agreed to keep the baby? 
 
   Chanyeol, the honorary maknae, had the little girl pressed to his chest as they ran. They were in the middle of the city and needed to hide fast. One reason was the other members. The other struck a bigger mixture of love and fear into their hearts. Fan's. They had no protection without their managers or security. They would be taken down and rumors would spread like wild fire. Who knew what all could happen. 
 
   "Where do we go?!" Chanyeol panted. 
 
   "I've got the perfect place! Just follow me." Sehun shouted before darting down the street. The others followed along without question. The sooner they got out of the open the better.
 
   They breathlessly filed into a familiar building. A few flights of stairs later they were there. The old EXO dorm. 
 
   "Seriously Sehun? This is 'the perfect place'," Tao scoffed. "We only spent years here together. This is the first place they'd look."
 
   "Our hyung's aren't as smart as you give them credit for. Right Chanyeol?" 
 
   "Yeah!" Sehun smirked as he let the giant process what he just said. "Wait I'm your hyung!" 
 
   "Exactly! You proved my point!" 
 
   "Why you little rat!" Chanyeol shoved the little girl into Tao's arms and then proceeded to chase after the younger boy. 
 
   Kai shut the door and walked over to Tao. He played with the baby's finger as he watched them attack each other. 
 
   "Should we stop them?" He asked. 
 
   "This may be the only time I get to hold her." Tao said rubbing his nose against hers. "Oppa never wants to give you up!" He cooed in a baby voice. 
 
   The two boys sat down on the couch that had never been removed from the dorm. A lot of memories for one single object. The two played with her and tickled her as Sehun and Chanyeol went at it. 
 
   Tao laid her on the couch and got on his knees I front of her. Kai followed suit. The boys made silly faces and were rewarded with smiles and the tiniest giggle they'd ever heard. Like he'd done earlier Tao rubbed his nose against hers. Her tiny hands slapped both sides of his face lovingly. Tao leaned back and gripped his shirt where his heart would be. 
 
   "She loves me!" She was all smiles and giggles. "I need a picture." He pulled his phone out of his tight jeans pocket and pulled up the camera. 
 
   He showed the filters to Kai and they both decided that a more vintage looking one would be the best. He focused the camera and as his thumb hovered over the button to snap the picture the couch moved. Sehun's body was rammed into the back of the couch and he was flipped over the top. Adorable smiles and heart melting giggles no longer filled the air. The sudden movement scared the baby girl and tears began pouring from the corners of her eyes. 
 
   "You idiots!" Tao barked. 
 
   Kai picked up the girl and did his best to rock her back and forth in an attempt to sooth her. 
 
   Tao marched over to the idiots who were still in mid battle with one another. He ripped them apart and gave each a good hard knock to the top of the head. The two cringed holding their own heads in their hands. They angrily looked up at a fuming Tao. 
 
   "Stop! You've been fighting for at least 20 minutes. I think that's quite enough time to get over calling you stupid Chanyeol. And you scared the baby! She was smiling and laughing and I was about to get the best picture ever! And now look at her!" 
 
   The finally opened their ears to the baby's terrified cries. Chanyeol's eyes grew wide immediately disregarding the pain in the top of his head. He scrambled over to her. He was on his knees in front of Kai. He clasped his hands together and pleaded for forgiveness. Sehun however continued to sulk about being hit. It wasn't his fault his hyung was an idiot. 
 
   "Please forgive me baby girl! Daddy Chanyeol didn't mean it!" 
 
   "Hey!" Tao switched from anger about their raging clumsiness to jealousy of what Chanyeol just called himself. "If you get to be daddy Chanyeol then I get to be daddy Tao!"
 
   "And I get to be daddy Kai!"
 
   "What about me!" Sehun grumbled. 
 
   "You've never even held her." Tao said. 
 
   "That's not my fault! I think I should still hold the title daddy!" 
 
   "Fine you can be daddy Sehun. But I'm going to be her favorite daddy!" Tao said triumphantly. 
 
   "No way!" Chanyeol shouted. "I'm the one who found her so I'll be her favorite daddy!" 
 
   "I'm the one who calmed her down." Kai added quietly as he marveled at the girls droopy eyes. 
 
   "Fine were all tied for number one daddy. Now what?" Sehun said finally getting up from his spot on the floor. 
 
   "But," Chanyeol whined. 
 
   "All number one!" Sehun restated. "Now give her to me. Daddy Sehun hasn't spent any time with her." 
 
   He scooped her up and hurried off to his old room. He showed her around telling her about crazy things they used to do. He didn't notice that she had dozed off as he continued to ramble on and on. After talking to himself for a good fifteen minutes he ran back to the living room. 
 
   "Someone take her! She's really heavy and she fell asleep just as I was about to show her my sticker collection!" He whined.
 
   "I'll take her!" Tao said jumping from his seat on the couch. "Daddy Tao need's a good picture with her. Here!" He tossed Kai his phone and took the baby out of Sehun's arms. He sat on the couch holding her in his arms. "Be sure to take a few."
 
   Kai snapped a few pictures in several different positions. Just before he showed Tao he took one of her by herself. She looked peaceful that way. 
 
   "We look amazing! Oooo! Set that one as my background." This one had their faces pressed together and it had an angle from above that he thought made him look even more handsome. 
 
   Everyone agreed to take more pictures once she woke up. There's probably get some cuter material from her as well. Not that she wasn't cute while she was sleeping. Of course she was cute no mater what she did. 
 
   After the baby had been passed to Chanyeol and several minutes of silence passed Tao piped up. 
 
   "You know we just can't call her baby all the time. We need to give her a name. We need something to identify her as. Something just as cute as she is." 
 
   They all pondered the idea for a moment. Tao was the first to come up with a suggestion. The name had been running through his mind for a while and it would be perfect to name her this. 
 
   "I think we should call her Mei."
 
   "I like the name Jun Hee." Sehun said crossing his arms over his chest defiantly. 
 
   "I chose a name first!" 
 
   "That doesn't mean it's better than mine!"
 
   "Yeah it does!"
 
   "Whatever you know you like the name I chose!" 
 
   "I like Mei!"
 
   "I like Jun Hee!"
 
   "You!" Tao dramatically jabbed his finger in the direction of the two boys trying to escape. "What name do you like?"
 
   Kai and Chanyeol looked at each other and then to the two fighting. Whose side should they be on? Whose wrath could they tolerate more? 
 
   "Jun Hee's a cute name..." Chanyeol said. 
 
   Now all eyes were on Kai. He had to pick a name. Each boy was rooting for their own. He looked to Chanyeol for a clue but he just looked away. 
 
   "Umm... I think... Mei is nice." he bit his lip and prepared to run like hell. 
 
   "Are you kidding Kai! I was about to win!" Sehun complained. 
 
   "Jeaz this is so hard." Tao slumped to the ground. 
 
   "You have to make a decision! You need to decide what to name her!" Sehun shouted. 
 
   He looked straight at you. He reached out of your device and gripped your shoulders. His forehead pressed to yours. You were forced to steal his air. He looked deep into your eyes. He looked huge and intimidating. You tried to spit out your answer but the proximity changed you physically. Your lips became dry and chapped. A knot got stuck in your throat. Breathing was almost impossible. 
 
   "Leave them out of this!" Tao shouted pulling Sehun away from you relieving what feelings were starting in your gut. "This isn't their story. Don't let him bother you Y/N," Tao said now looking at you. "You just continue reading. You don't need this stress." He patted your head affectionately before closing off the contact between yourself and them. 
 
   "How do we decide?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
   "We can do it the easy way or the hard way. Rock Paper Scissors or we could call her by both names and see what she responds to." Kai now said. 
 
   "What didn't you say it before?" Sehun said, "you could have saved Y/N a heart attack!" 
 
   "I think we should let the baby decide." Tao said.
 
   "Fine. We just have to wait until she's awake."
 
   They boys played games on their phones and messed with one another as the time on the clock ticked by. She's been asleep for at least an hour. They continually passed her around so that no one would get too tired holding her. Kai now had her in his arms. 
 
   "Baby girl?" He asked. "Your daddy's have a question for you, and we need you to be awake. Could you do that for your daddy? Could you wake up?" As if responding she opened her eyes and stretched out her small limbs. Now she was awake. 
 
   He decided instead of telling the guys he'd savor this moment. A moment alone with this little beauty. A moment where others weren't probing for her attention. A moment where he couldn't be demanded to give her away. He knew they couldn't keep her. He wasn't in denial like the others in this room. He just wanted to savor the time they did have. 
 
   His eyes roamed over her skin. He admired how much it looked like his own. 
 
   "I wish that you could be mine. I wish there was that possibility. We'll be sad without you princess but you don't have to worry. We'll take good care of one another. And if you want, if we can, we'll find a way to still be with you. Somehow we'll do that. I promise." Tears filled his eyes. He didn't like to be serious like this but unfortunately this was all he could be in this moment. He couldn't be so optimistic about their future with her. Not like his brothers who were now sprawled on the floor playing games. 
 
   "Hey how come you didn't tell us she was awake!" Sehun pouted. 
 
   "She's awake?" Kai questioned a little startled at his sudden appearance. 
 
    Sehun rolled his eyes at Kai. He'd seen him fawning over her. He couldn't deny that. He called over Tao and Chanyeol. Finally they could decide her name. 
 
   "How do we do this?" Chanyeol asked rolling up his sleeves. 
 
   "Lay her on the couch. Tao on one side Sehun on the other. Whoever she turns her head to when the name is called is the winner." Kai said laying her down. 
 
   Tao and Sehun took their positions each confident in their names. Each silently praying that she would respond. Both took a deep breath and mentally prepared their victory dances. 
 
   "Mei, Mei come on look at daddy."
 
   "No no Jun Hee come on look at your daddy Sehun." 
 
   They continually called out her name. Kai and Chanyeol just prayed that she would answer to one of those names. They weren't the best at coming up with names and they didn't want to deal with Tao or Sehun if neither got chosen. It would be the biggest pity party they had ever been a part of. Not exactly something they wanted to be there for. Finally, after several minutes of name calling, her head turned. The boy was filled with so much excitement he nearly leapt off of the couch. He pulled her into his arms pressing her to his chest and twirled her around. 
 
   "Oh I knew you would love the name!" Sehun shouted.
 
   Tao dramatically fell to the ground clutching his chest. He cried out to her about how he thought she loved him and how he thought that they had a special bond. 
 
   Even if the others tried they couldn't possibly pull Sehun out of his happy place. Jun Hee. She had responded to his name. In his mind he was now the favorite daddy. He spent an entire hour bragging and rubbing it in Taos face. Whether it was directly or using the name at any chance. 
 
   "Jun Hee? Are you hungry? Because I know your favorite daddy is." He smiled evilly at Tao who was rotting in his own depression in the corner. 
 
   "I get it she picked your name!" Tao shouted. "No need to be an about it." he mumbled under his breath. 
 
   "Language! Jun Hee is only a baby" Sehun laughed again at how angry Tao got when he said the name. 
 
   "If you don't shut up I'll do more than curse!" He shouted raising his fist. He was so heated that he almost got up and used that raised fist. Luckily for Sehun Chanyeol was there to keep him at bay. 
 
   As the tension fizzled out and the quiet took over something happened. One growl filled the room. That growl was followed by many more in a painful chorus. The boys were hungry and there was no food.
 
_______________________
 
What name would you have picked? 2 of 7 is up. Literally I have all but one chapter finished on wattpad so I'll be able to update quickly ;)
Rina💜