Delay

Temporary Daddy

The night had been a rough one for Suho. Sure he hadn't spent much time with Jun Hee due to his awkward nature but that didn't mean he cared for her any less than the other boys. He tossed and turned and was plagued with vivid nightmares of potential foster homes she may have in her future. They couldn't guarantee that whoever took care of her from now on would be good to her. They wouldn't know if they were abusive or negligent. So many things could go awry and so when the number of the police floated across his phone screen in the morning he was more than a little worried about what they might say.

Immediately he dressed and ran out the door with his keys in his hands. What they had to say was important and there was only so much time he had to do what needed done.

~~*~~

With Baekhyun having the biggest house of the twelve the boys decided to gather there. They could sulk together comfortably. Kai and Kyungsoo invaded the kitchen and started making brownies. Others would sneak in and dip their fingers in the chocolaty batter as kyungsoo turned away to grab something or turn on the oven.

Their time together was pleasant but the sadness loomed over them still. With each laugh they could still hear her playful giggles clearly. Hugging one another they could still feel the wight of her in their arms. Reaching for milk the could still remember making bottles and her eagerness to eat. Everything seemed like a painful memory despite their will to ignore it.

A ring of the door bell sent the tired owner to answer. What greeted him lifted his spirits and he immediately attacked his hyung with a hug.

"How?"

"Is everyone here?" Suho asked ignoring the question.

"Yeah b-but how did-"

"I'll tell all of you at the same time." He reassured with a small smile on his face.

"Am I dreaming?" Sehun said jumping from the couch startling the boys next to him. "Did my baby girl come back just to see her favorite daddy!?"

He ran over and pried the car seat from Suho's hand. Immediately they huddled gushing over their little Jun Hee who they had missed so much. Once everyone settled to the best of their ability Suho began to speak.

"The police said that there are some delays and that social services need a few days to find a place for her. Sooo in the mean time-"

"We get to keep her!?" Chanyeol cheered snuggling closer to Sehun who held the baby.

Suho laughed and smiled at their excitement. He could feel the same happiness in his own body.

"Yes we can keep her, but not forever. We'll only have her for at the minimum a day."

"At least we get more time with her."

"Okay," he sighed "go have some fun."

Immediately they began arguing over who would get to have the first turn. Tao and Sehun took the stance that she liked them best. Others played the age card. Needles to say there were countless threats and bad agyeo being applied to the situation.

"Stop!" Kris snapped. "Who haven't spent any time with her?"

Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol raised their hands. One simple glare sent the last boys hand down quickly.

"Okay, Rock Paper Scissors now!"

The two went through several rounds and then finally it was paper Vs. Scissors. Chen pumped his fists in the air. Finally a victory. He scooped Jun Hee into his arms and ran up the stairs.

He gathered all the pillows on the sofa and piled them so he would be comfortable. He flipped through the channels until he found his favorite children's tv show.

They spent hours lazily watching the TV. When Chen sang the songs to her she would babble to the tune. She smiled when he asked questions and laughed when he laughed. Eventually she fell asleep to a bottle and his lovely singing voice. It was extra soothing feeling the vibrations in his chest rocking her to sleep. He kissed her small nose and switched to a wrestling match.

"That's not even fair!" Tao pouted. "All he's doing is watching tV! We could have done so much more by now."

"Well you kidnapped her so what you want is irrelevant." He stated wiggling further into the mountain of pillows behind him.

"Yeah that's right! Get out!"

"Hyung! Hyung please let me stay!"

Despite the young Chinese boy's pleas he was shoved from the room. The other maknaes were forced away as well.

It was agreed that when she woke up Baekhyun would be able to have her.

It seemed she was never in a bad mood. Just as before with Chen and the others she smiled and giggled when Baekhyun took her in his arms.

"Aren't you a pretty one!" He tickles her chin and made silly faces earning him giggles.

He showed her around his home. He spoke his silly and hopeful ideas aloud.

"This big room is mine. But you can have the one next to it."

The empty room they walked into was only a few feet smaller. He could imagine the colors he'd paint the walls. The furniture he'd buy and the clothes that would fill the closet. Tiny shoes and dresses. Toys would be scattered everywhere and maybe they would get picked up. His heart ached knowing this wouldn't be possible. Not for her and him anyways.

With each new sl destination he ran and twirled around. He loved hearing the breathless laughs and seeing her wide smiles.

After exploring several more rooms a smell filled his nose. He ran as fast as he could to the older boys. In a panic and eagerness to rid of the smell he shoved her into the arms of Suho.

"I'm not trained for this!" He said backing away.

"Oh come on it's just a diaper." Sehun rolled his eyes at his hyung.

"Really? I highly doubt you've changed it."

"Whatever. I'm her number one daddy! Of course I changed it!"

"Yeah right! You always handed her off to me!" Tao said crossing his arms.

"And you gave her to Chanyeol who nearly passed out and then I was the only one who ever changed her diaper out of the four of us." Kai said emerging from nowhere. "So now who's the number one daddy?"

Sehun and Tao grumbled rolling their eyes. They hated being proven wrong. Especially when they were trying to prove they were the best.

The day went by and they all agreed Baekhyun's is where they would stay. The night was peaceful for most besides Kris and Lay who woke with each cry. How could the others not wake was beyond them. They fed, burped, changed, and eventually rocked her back to sleep. Even though it was tiring they were happy to see how peaceful she looked when she slept. She was like an angel.

The next day began with anxiousness. However social services still needed time and another day was granted to them. They eagerly took it.

Per their managers request they were unable to leave the house. But that didn't mean people couldn't bring them things.

They ordered at least two hundred dollars worth of food and eventually sent out for ice cream.

They enjoyed watching her eat the sweet cold dessert. She would cringe because of how cold and then clap her hands in appreciation for its flavor. The second day passed and it was simply beautiful. A call came in and they now knew a third day would not be granted to them. So each was given their own time to say goodbye.

Chanyeol took the first turn.

"I love you Jun Hee. Your one of the best things to ever happen to us and even though you should never have been left in the cold... I'm glad you were in my doorstep. I'm gonna miss you so much."

Tears welled in their eyes as each said similar goodbyes. They used one another as support. Not enough sleep could be given to them tonight. With that reality everyone helped out as she woke during the night. Everyone wanted a chance to have that one last moment as her daddy.

 



The time between this chapter and the one before it took sooo long I am sooo sorry. One more chapter and an epilogue to go. Such a quick story even though it took me like two months to finish that last chapter.:( but it is writen and will be up soon.

I hope you liked this

Rina <3